rdowns
Oct 16, 06:06 PM
Hmm... I've held off on buying both a new phone and a new iPod for a while now, assuming that I'd want whatever phone Apple eventually comes out with, but the mention of battery life issues concerns me. If the battery goes dead on my iPod, no big deal, I don't listen to music until I charge it again. But if the battery goes dead on my phone, I could miss an important call. And if I have to monitor how much music I listen to to ensure that I can still receive calls, that might be a problem. Ideally, they could address this concern by having some software that told you well in advance that if you stop listening to music now, you still have so much time left on your phone.
No offense, but how many cell phone calls are really that important? None, given all the ones I overhear on a daily basis. :D
I could see a nifty little battery app on an iPod/iPhone device. Turn off music player when battery reaches x% or something like that.
No offense, but how many cell phone calls are really that important? None, given all the ones I overhear on a daily basis. :D
I could see a nifty little battery app on an iPod/iPhone device. Turn off music player when battery reaches x% or something like that.
aristotle
Mar 23, 09:20 PM
Are you people seriously applauding this? What a waste of our tax dollars!! I do contracts with the Navy every single day and I know that the technology that they have will not be benefited by the use of iPad/iPod/iPhone. The military does not offer wi-fi to their staff on base. Everything is hard wired and the conduit is sealed with a tamper proof silicon. The Government is very very particular about their SIPRnet (as they call it). Without wi-fi, what use is the iPad for the military other than to give them a little treat and waste our tax dollars? They already have mobile equipment in the vehicles that is far superior to Apple's products.
Yeah, I'm going to have to call you on this. If you really worked with the navy, you would have been aware of this Terra Soft and Lockheed put xserves in US Subs (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/83783/Terra_Soft_Lockheed_to_put_Xserves_in_US_Navy_subs) and that the military and intelligence community has a long history with macs and NextStep computers.
Previous versions of OS X had lockdown instructions written by the NSA for high security clearance environments and the iPhone has been in testing by the Army for some time now. Non-jailbroken iPhones are really hard to crack with the latest firmware through remote exploits.
Yeah, I'm going to have to call you on this. If you really worked with the navy, you would have been aware of this Terra Soft and Lockheed put xserves in US Subs (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/83783/Terra_Soft_Lockheed_to_put_Xserves_in_US_Navy_subs) and that the military and intelligence community has a long history with macs and NextStep computers.
Previous versions of OS X had lockdown instructions written by the NSA for high security clearance environments and the iPhone has been in testing by the Army for some time now. Non-jailbroken iPhones are really hard to crack with the latest firmware through remote exploits.
TwinCities Dan
Mar 13, 02:19 PM
VZW iPhone here as well, everything is fine. :rolleyes:
kingdonk
Feb 28, 07:13 PM
work group manager and x-grid manager
stockscalper
Apr 12, 01:00 PM
No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.
talkingfuture
Mar 26, 03:14 PM
Now thats a publicity stunt if ever I saw one!

Oppressed
Apr 24, 08:49 PM
If someone is going to specifically test disk read/write speeds then one needs to also look into and see if the SSD is the Toshiba or Samsung model. I for one have the Samsung model and scored higher on the disk test then his model.
+1 for at least testing a MBA with 4 gigs of ram.
+1 for at least testing a MBA with 4 gigs of ram.
iGary
Apr 2, 06:19 PM
You don't like to be told how do do things the wrong way but you like Word?
I like it for TYPING. :rolleyes:
I like it for TYPING. :rolleyes:
dloomer
Oct 16, 04:48 PM
At this point ill believe it when I see it. I think that the only thing all these Darn rumors asy is how mcuh everyone in general would love an apple phone. done right, an iphone could easily replace most peoples phones and ipods. add into it, home on ipod, and I see a winner. but this is all speculation... ill belive it when i see it
Here's what I'm sick and tired of:
"The video iPod will come out this summer."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
"The video iPod will come out this fall."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
"The video iPod will still come out this year sometime."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
"The video iPod will still come out this year. No, seriously this time."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
Give me a break.
Here's what I'm sick and tired of:
"The video iPod will come out this summer."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
"The video iPod will come out this fall."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
"The video iPod will still come out this year sometime."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
"The video iPod will still come out this year. No, seriously this time."
"The video iPod won't be ready until 2007."
Give me a break.
bizzle
Apr 11, 06:14 PM
I paid $3.50 today 87 in NJ. I fill up every three days for work. I get around 27-28 mpg in my 05 Civic Si.
floridabrits
May 6, 06:14 AM
Ok, thanks for the info... and yes you are correct - it is the early 09 model (my mistake!)...
Thanks again...
/g
Thanks again...
/g
ClimbingTheLog
Nov 11, 08:56 PM
That's because there is no "L" sound in Japanese, and the "R" sound is what comes closest to the English "L" sound.
Is there something funny about that?
Robster.
Is there something funny about that?
Robster.
Rustus Maximus
Apr 16, 09:38 AM
MR readers are not the target audience for the iPad...We are NOT normal --
We're...not...normal?
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8018/airplane2shatner.jpg
WHY THE HELL AREN'T I NOTIFIED ABOUT THESE THINGS?!? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHKd80asXy4)
We're...not...normal?
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8018/airplane2shatner.jpg
WHY THE HELL AREN'T I NOTIFIED ABOUT THESE THINGS?!? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHKd80asXy4)
jimbobb24
Feb 18, 11:46 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)
As for jobs, he is clearly ill and likely headed toward the end of life. That is sad as he is probably the most important person at the table and the person who has made the largest positive contribution to the world by helping us interface with the technology of our new world.
As for jobs, he is clearly ill and likely headed toward the end of life. That is sad as he is probably the most important person at the table and the person who has made the largest positive contribution to the world by helping us interface with the technology of our new world.
Ugg
Mar 27, 10:24 AM
Publicity stunt?
I can't help but think that along with Steve's various email responses to customers, that Steve is morphing. Into what exactly, I'm not sure, but he seems to be more interested in responding to people. Maybe that new liver has something to do with it? At any rate, it's a very calculated move. Nothing he does is without a goal in mind.
I can't help but think that along with Steve's various email responses to customers, that Steve is morphing. Into what exactly, I'm not sure, but he seems to be more interested in responding to people. Maybe that new liver has something to do with it? At any rate, it's a very calculated move. Nothing he does is without a goal in mind.
lilcosco08
Apr 18, 09:50 PM
The NDS (at least in the UK) launched with Mario 64 DS and Wario Ware Touched, two great games rated 85 and 81 by metacritic.com respectively.
The 3DS has Street Fighter.
It also has ridge racer
riiiiiiiiiidge raaaaaaaaaceeeeeeerrr!
The 3DS has Street Fighter.
It also has ridge racer
riiiiiiiiiidge raaaaaaaaaceeeeeeerrr!
Westacular
Mar 23, 06:05 PM
What I mean is that DLNA seems to be always used in the context of "I am here, and my media is over there". For example, I have music or movies stored on a remote server or a NAS, and I want to bring it into the device I'm currently sitting at (a TV, an iPod or iPad, a PS3, another computer).
Whereas AirPlay seems to be the opposite: "My media is here, but I want to play it over there". You use AirPlay to redirect the audio/video output from your iPhone or iPad or computer to a remote A/V device like your stereo receiver or Apple TV.
DLNA can actually work either way, depending on what device classes are supported. From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance#Specification):
Digital Media Server (DMS): These devices store content and make it available to networked digital media players (DMP) and digital media renderers (DMR). Examples include PCs and network attached storage (NAS) devices.
Digital Media Player (DMP): These devices find content on digital media servers (DMS) and provide playback and rendering capabilities. Examples include TVs, stereos and home theaters, wireless monitors and game consoles.
Digital Media Renderer (DMR): These devices play content received from a digital media controller (DMC), which will find content from a digital media server (DMS). Examples include TVs, audio/video receivers, video displays and remote speakers for music.
Digital Media Controller (DMC): These devices find content on digital media servers (DMS) and play it on digital media renderers (DMR). Examples include Internet tablets, Wi-Fi enabled digital cameras and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
So, in Apple terms:
DMS is like a shared iTunes library.
DMP is "pull", analogous to when an Apple TV is accessing your library via iTunes Home Sharing.
DMR is a target for "push", analogous to using an Apple TV as an AirPlay output.
DMC is like the Remote app, or what iTunes/iOS turn into when you switch on AirPlay.
(I have no clue how many TVs out there that act as a DMP can also be set to automatically work as a DMR.)
Whereas AirPlay seems to be the opposite: "My media is here, but I want to play it over there". You use AirPlay to redirect the audio/video output from your iPhone or iPad or computer to a remote A/V device like your stereo receiver or Apple TV.
DLNA can actually work either way, depending on what device classes are supported. From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance#Specification):
Digital Media Server (DMS): These devices store content and make it available to networked digital media players (DMP) and digital media renderers (DMR). Examples include PCs and network attached storage (NAS) devices.
Digital Media Player (DMP): These devices find content on digital media servers (DMS) and provide playback and rendering capabilities. Examples include TVs, stereos and home theaters, wireless monitors and game consoles.
Digital Media Renderer (DMR): These devices play content received from a digital media controller (DMC), which will find content from a digital media server (DMS). Examples include TVs, audio/video receivers, video displays and remote speakers for music.
Digital Media Controller (DMC): These devices find content on digital media servers (DMS) and play it on digital media renderers (DMR). Examples include Internet tablets, Wi-Fi enabled digital cameras and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
So, in Apple terms:
DMS is like a shared iTunes library.
DMP is "pull", analogous to when an Apple TV is accessing your library via iTunes Home Sharing.
DMR is a target for "push", analogous to using an Apple TV as an AirPlay output.
DMC is like the Remote app, or what iTunes/iOS turn into when you switch on AirPlay.
(I have no clue how many TVs out there that act as a DMP can also be set to automatically work as a DMR.)
zin
Feb 18, 10:19 AM
He doesn't look anywhere near as bad as he did in those "genuine" photographs from a certain news organisation. :rolleyes:
bogg
Jul 4, 11:25 AM
I really don't get why people who come up with specs don't think ahead. When SD came out it has a 2GB limit. So they updated it, SDHC for a 32GB limit. Now they had to update it again, SDXC for a 2TB limit. They should have just designed the format to scale in the FIRST place.
For example: CompactFlash came out in like 1994 and has scaled all the way up to like 137GB, when the first cards were under 1MB.
Yeah, they scaled just fine when it came to sizes. But instead they are at like the 6:th revision when it comes to speed capabilities.
For example: CompactFlash came out in like 1994 and has scaled all the way up to like 137GB, when the first cards were under 1MB.
Yeah, they scaled just fine when it came to sizes. But instead they are at like the 6:th revision when it comes to speed capabilities.
twoodcc
Apr 17, 10:12 PM
I have heard of Folding@home at it sounds interesting. I like the idea of helping scientists with their experiments.
Unfortunately I have two problems with this.
1) Ultimately where does all this research go? Who is benefitting from it all? I can't help but think that all this research will just enable some multi-billion dollar drug company to come up with some pill that they can patent and make billions of more dollars. I tried reading the faqs of Folding@home, but it does not really say where all this research is going. I am sure the scientists mean well with their research, but ultimately they will not be the ones creating the drugs to cure these diseases. Drug companies will be doing that, and they are strictly profit oriented.
2) My electricity prices are going up by about 10% so I really don't like the idea of my iMac running 24-7 eating up electricity, and adding to the wear and tear of my system. I'm not sure what the monthly cost would be running Folding@home, but I'm sure it adds up.
Can anyone here comment on these concerns?
Well you do have a point. I can't really comment about it, other than that I don't know.
And yes, electricity costs do add up. But I still believe that it's a good thing to do
Unfortunately I have two problems with this.
1) Ultimately where does all this research go? Who is benefitting from it all? I can't help but think that all this research will just enable some multi-billion dollar drug company to come up with some pill that they can patent and make billions of more dollars. I tried reading the faqs of Folding@home, but it does not really say where all this research is going. I am sure the scientists mean well with their research, but ultimately they will not be the ones creating the drugs to cure these diseases. Drug companies will be doing that, and they are strictly profit oriented.
2) My electricity prices are going up by about 10% so I really don't like the idea of my iMac running 24-7 eating up electricity, and adding to the wear and tear of my system. I'm not sure what the monthly cost would be running Folding@home, but I'm sure it adds up.
Can anyone here comment on these concerns?
Well you do have a point. I can't really comment about it, other than that I don't know.
And yes, electricity costs do add up. But I still believe that it's a good thing to do
jessica.
Jan 20, 07:25 AM
Well, do you have itchy scalp?
someguy
Nov 11, 11:31 AM
Anyone else notice that in either language, the tissue in the ad for viruses appears to be an iKlear screen wipe? I could be wrong, but seeing as how the actors roles are computers, it makes sense. :)
Time Less
Apr 21, 02:26 PM
When the current form-factor is fundamentally flawed:
1. Fragile build materials (glass that shatters)
:confused::eek:
1. Fragile build materials (glass that shatters)
:confused::eek:
stockscalper
Apr 12, 01:00 PM
No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.
No comments:
Post a Comment