Thursday, May 26, 2011

cool quotes and sayings for girls

cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • leekohler
    Apr 15, 12:20 PM
    Insulting language never helps.

    Here is a link to a *gasp* dictionary!
    linky (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chastity)
    Definition a and b.

    Oh snap! :D That had to sting a little. ;)

    Sorry. That was rude of me.

    It's OK, but you were also wrong, as indicated by the dictionary. Let's try to bring it down a notch. ;)





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • rasmasyean
    Apr 23, 03:16 AM
    sorry but you are wrong ... we do not tell soldiers they are fighting for God or that there is anything such as being a martyr

    nice try though :rolleyes:

    And that's why its so hard for "Atheists" to "come out" in the military, eh? Look past the surface and the exact words (heaven, prayers, freedom, hero...use whatever words you want) and the concept is still the same. Even the CIA told the Afghans during the cold war that they will "go to god" if they die fighting the Russians. It's funny when you see some white dude surrounded by turbaned ppl saying this in those old videos. Believe what you want but in a sense, we do "brainwash" our troops. And to good effect, because it makes them do their job willingly and better. And it gives them comfort when they know they will die taking a bullet for oil.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. love quotes and sayings for
  • love quotes and sayings for



  • Bill McEnaney
    Apr 26, 10:25 PM
    It's quite possible they are "miraculous" recoveries. "Miraculous' as in exceedingly rare. Gabrielle Giffords survived a point-blank gunshot to the head. Is that the work of divine intervention? Or is it simply a matter that if you shot a number of people in the head, a very small fraction would survive? Likewise, among the millions of people with cancer, it shouldn't come as a surprise to find a small fraction that beat the odds to make a remarkable recovery. If Purell kills 99.99% of bacteria, does that make the .01% of survivors "miracles"?
    In this video, there's a doctor who may doubt that Giffords got a miracle.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgVnjJLarwk





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • mpstrex
    Aug 29, 07:22 PM
    What about this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling#1975_Newsweek_article

    Cooling, warming, cooling, warming...Sheesh, it's almost like it's mother nature, NOT us. Doesn't she know it's US! And that little ice age in the 16th to 18th centuries? what's that all about?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_ice_age

    Again, sheesh. It's like mother nature is doing it herself!!! And jeez, how about the greenhouse effect? I thought it was bad until my college Blue Planet teacher told us that if we didn't have it, the planet would be one big snowball. None of the students knew what to think, after years of telling us greenhouse effects are bad. Thank god all those carbon dioxide emissions are breathed up by plants...





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • tkermit
    Mar 15, 07:29 PM
    There's too much hysteria over this. This plant has been hit by a force 9 earthquake and a tsunami and yet although some radiation has been released this is by no means anything like as serious as Chernobyl.

    A cold comfort considering it is now already thought to be close to a level 6 incident on the INES scale. :(





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • DVD Plaza
    Apr 13, 07:01 AM
    What isn't great is the potential loss of features. Even the littlest feature, that most people would find mundane, could be very important to editors who've become used to that feature being in their workflow

    Is this thread for real? People are all making up wild claims that features may or may not and missing, based on nothing more than Apple announcing an all new release, and then going ape about it?!

    Steve Jobs may or may not stop wearing underwear, Ooooooh ahhhhhhh let's cry about that pie in the sky crock of...

    I'm sure the sky isn't falling... From what I've read so far FCP X is THE rewrite Snow Leopard was made for, Apple have done precisely what FCP so badly needed. I for one look forward to reading all about it when people have actually used the thing.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cute sayings and quotes
  • cute sayings and quotes



  • I'mAMac
    Aug 29, 02:44 PM
    Um....should we just not heat our homes then? You first.

    Even early man built fires to stay warm.
    Im not saying stop using energy. I'm saying use a different source. Wind, water, sun. theres plenty of other ways to heat your home out there. Geothermal too





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. love quotes and sayings for
  • love quotes and sayings for



  • Th3Crow
    Apr 28, 08:00 PM
    But any time a fad gets discussed over a period of years, it's no longer a fad, it's a trend.

    Perfectly stated. :)





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. love quotes and sayings for
  • love quotes and sayings for



  • TimUSCA
    Apr 28, 07:53 AM
    Very true. Plus it could be a fad to own the latest toy. We won't know until some time passes. Anything new from Apple gets a lot of attention.

    Wait til the newness wears off.

    I'd say time has already passed and has shown that the iPad is a useful and coveted device. It isn't a fad at all.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings
  • cool quotes and sayings



  • egsaxy
    Sep 12, 08:41 PM
    so a month ago, apple won't show us Tiger because they don't want anyone to copy what they're doing. Today they show us this set top box, that (atleast from the engaget comments) people think is pure rubbish, far behind everyone else's current products. Without reading the full 10 pages of commentary and not knowing if this has been brought up yet or not, but what if the prototype box, isn't anything like what they will give us in three months time? What if as someone mentioned on page one of these comments that its to pressure a studio into a contract? What if the living room box, ends up being far superior to what they showed us? what if it ends up having a dvd drive, and the tv tuner, and all of that other stuff that we want, and to be a truely amazing product we deserve. What if this box does look anything like the actual product? What if this box has totally different specs? What if we were shown this, and something else was going to be released? Apple is far too protective of its vision, strategy, and products that showing us this box doesn't add up. There will be an event about this box when its finally ready. The best place to hide is in the open. Not because you can't be seen, but because you can and its unexpected. Apple is doing a little magic trick for all of us, flashing this prototype iTv infront of us, and will deliever something far better when the time comes.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • milbournosphere
    Apr 15, 09:08 AM
    Personally, I think it's great. However, they should be careful. Moves like this have the potential to alienate customers. That said, props to the employees.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • eric_n_dfw
    Mar 19, 06:21 PM
    Answering my own question, it appears (from some quick Google searches) that WINE doesn't currently like the custom CD drivers that iTunes for Windows installs, but the comercial product "CrossOffice" which is a supported WINE port that is tuned for MS Office and other popular Win32 apps, has anounced iTunes support: http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/?id=20041116;cw=3b02a63d1cda46fdf5bb968a31b557c4

    It's not free, but it is a legal option and at $40 it's not to bad.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. Hot Girls, Cool, Love Sayings,
  • Hot Girls, Cool, Love Sayings,



  • rdowns
    Mar 15, 07:53 AM
    Come to think of it...it wouldn't be too bad if Japan had to mass evacuate because of contamination. I mean, that place might eventually like blow up and flood at some point in the future right? It looks like it's on the verge of happening actually.

    That would be pretty cool if they evacuated now. I mean, where would they go you may ask? I think they would mostly come the the US. I mean, we sort of helped them build their country up after WWII and we've always had pretty strong ties. Our economy is similar too.

    Hey, we'll take Toyota, and Sony, and Mitsubishi...and heck, whatever can fit on the barges. :) I think it would be pretty symbiotic too as we use a lot of their crap anyway so might as well bring it all home. They have like the best manufacturing in the world and the US can use some of that today. We have lots of barren land all over the place that can be used for industry and Japanese ppl have the money to build here, rather than in the expensive cramped up island of theirs. Jobs for all! woot!

    wtf?

    http://pic.phyrefile.com/n/na/narf/2010/06/14/facepalm.jpg





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings
  • cool quotes and sayings



  • GeekLawyer
    Apr 15, 09:45 AM
    This is awesome of these employees to do. I love Apple, which must have given its blessing. We all know that Apple normally gags its employees.

    I wish Tim Cook could have been in the video. But, of course, I realize why he wasn't. Way too high profile. Someday.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. Love Quotes and Sayings for
  • Love Quotes and Sayings for



  • G5isAlive
    Mar 18, 08:07 AM
    Tethering Charge not justified.
    How can you say charging twice for the same Data is justified?

    I pay for internet I use the internet. People have been brainwashed to side with the carriers.

    You pay for a bottle of water $1
    You pour it on your head then the person says Thats another $1 you owe
    Why? because you used the same water you just bought to wash yourself not drink.

    Its the same issue, Data = Data use is use, how you use should not be charged different since on the supply side makes no difference.

    this is so twisted I cant tell you enough.:mad:

    this analogy is so stretched as to make no sense.

    but even water, there are residential rates and commercial rates... you can't mix the two .. there are limits and plans.

    you arent paying for the same data twice. you are trying to change the agreement after the fact.

    dont like the agreement. dont enter into it.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. Quotes, Sayingslt;/agt;
  • Quotes, Sayingslt;/agt;



  • mcmarks
    May 2, 12:19 PM
    A couple of points:

    - No computer for which the user can write or install programs will ever be free of Malware (nor, to my knowledge, has the "malware free" term ever been applied to the Mac OS by anyone actually familiar with computer security). All I have to do is write a script that formats your hard drive, call it ReallyFunGame, thereby deceiving you into downloading it and running it, and poof. Malware at its most basic. (Apple addresses this issue with the App Store reviews for iOS apps, but even there, their review is not sufficient to eliminate all possibility of malware). So, the actual presence of malware is no surprise, nor has it ever been. The defense against these types of attacks are user education and OS design (which will be a compromise between usability and security). Personally, I find the compromises on the Mac less annoying than their counterparts on Windows. Furthermore, the frequent inscrutable dialogs on Windows in general cause a certain level of desensitization to all dialogs for the least savvy users undermining their value on Windows because users get used to just clicking through things they don't understand.

    - The far more dangerous computer security problem, as has been mentioned in this thread a bit, is viruses (including worms which are a subset) because they can propagate and cause harm without user knowledge and intervention. This new piece of malware is not one of those (as far as I can tell). To my knowledge, Mac OS X remains a more secure operating system because there are no known viruses that have propagated in the wild that attack it. Now, if the same can be said for Windows 7 (I don't know whether it can or not), then it would be equally secure. Is it?





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. Myspace Comments - Quotes And
  • Myspace Comments - Quotes And



  • jefhatfield
    Oct 12, 05:51 AM
    Originally posted by alex_ant

    The kind of Mac that's adequate now (say an 800MHz TiBook) will probably seem quite slow in three years, whereas if you buy a top-of-the-line PC notebook today, it could easily last 5 or more. With OS X, the days of Macs lasting 5+ years are gone, at least for the moment. We do things with our computers today that we didn't do with them 5 years ago - mainly due to the trickle-down effect.

    Alex

    because the way the pc software gets so overbloated so fast, any pc laptop is rendered too slow in two years and any pc desktop (with the desktop's higher specs and expandability) is rendered too slow in three years

    i can't see any pc lasting four years comfortably, unless it's an ultra sparc, sun, or silicon graphics unit

    i am assuming this for someone who would sometimes need to use photoshop, autocad, or a fifty dollar high end game

    .....

    as for macs, i give them the same time frame even though they are behind the pc speed curve

    i don't see mac software titles pushing the mac hardware off the planet like in the pc world, which is seen more as a throwaway consumer electronic

    thank god that macs are not seen or built as throwaway consumer electronics

    even the "now" lowly crt imac is a sturdy machine that will outlast, on the physical level, most pcs on the market

    .....

    when i got my ibook, even though the single usb port left me stranded peripheral wise two years later, it was built to last and last

    when i got my pc laptop, made by compaq, the thing was definitely sold as a throwaway unit

    the rubber feet fell off which i had to glue back on

    one screen hinge kept on popping off so i have to avoid touching it on that left side

    when i close the pc laptop unit, i have to do it slowly since that particular model had thin plastic latches that broke off easily and the ribbon cable connecting the lcd had a tendency to get unplugged inside the unit

    and the battery was useless after a year and wouldn't hold a charge anymore

    i never shelled out the $199 bucks to get a new battery and now i just use the short length ac adapter

    .....

    in contrast, my ibook's only deterioration has been the battery's ability to hold a 4 1/2 hour charge...the thing never got 6 hours in real world everyday use like advertised...using just word processing with the lcd dimmed way down, a reviewer got five hours on a new rev a. ibook battery

    now the laptop's battery, after 34 months of daily use, holds a 2 3/4 hour charge...actually, not bad compared to the pc laptop whose battery died after just a year

    .....

    when i looked at a computer accessories catalog, they recommended that i replace my pc model's battery after one year of part time use

    but they also recommended that i replace my rev. a ibook's battery after just one year, also...how wrong they were...ha:p

    if i still have my 300 mhz ibook two years from now, even if i wouldn't likely be using it much, i will give it a five year birthday party on macrumors...ibook's in late-2004 will be at 1.9 ghz by then if apple still has an ibook on the consumer end...this is based on average speed climb in industry

    right now, the earliest rev. a ibooks are now 3 1/4 years old, originally had os 8.5, and i bet most are still working:D





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. cool quotes and sayings for
  • cool quotes and sayings for



  • NathanMuir
    Mar 24, 09:58 PM
    From the article:

    "But states can and must regulate behaviours, including various sexual behaviours," he said.
    If I said this against blacks (I am of the opinion that one cannot choose their orientation any more than they can choose their race), would I not be 'persecuting' them according to that definition? What if I further said that being black was an abomination, or that being a 'practicing black' was a sin?

    We'd be in a world of **** if what people said could be considered physical acts of persecution.

    I suppose when someone says 'persecute' I think of actual acts of persecution. Not words that are protected, in the US at least, by the First Amendment.

    Now, if the Church was crucifying these people again, well, that would be a different situation entirely.

    I also agree that one cannot choose their sexuality. I've constantly and consistently voiced this opinion on this board.

    1. I'm not gay. Just putting that out there. :D

    Makes no difference to me.

    2. I guess it is hypocritical in a sense: They hate gays for being gay and I hate bigots for being bigoted. Whether or not that puts me on the same level as them is up to you, I guess.

    IMO, it does. A hypocritical statement is a hypocritical statement.

    Here's another way to word what I think dscuber9000 was trying to say ...


    When your beliefs about human nature are based in bigotry, then you will no longer be able to enforce laws based on those beliefs or publicly express your bigoted views without the risk of condemnation.

    You are free to keep them in your thoughts and in conversation with like-minded people. However, if aired publicly, you will probably be reminded of the fact that you are a bigot and wrong.

    I agree mostly.

    I disagree that they are wrong, in their minds of course.

    Are they wrong in your mind? Obviously. Are they wrong in my mind? Yes, because I don't agree with their views. Are they wrong in their minds? No, I don't think so if their views are sincerely held.





    cool quotes and sayings for girls. i love u quotes and sayings.
  • i love u quotes and sayings.



  • elbirth
    Oct 21, 11:53 AM
    Big news. 2GB Mac Pro sticks now cost same as 1GB sticks per GB.

    1GB sticks are $175 each. 2GB sticks are now $350 each. This is HUGE.

    So now a 4GB kit (2GBx2) is only $699 at 1-800-4MEMORY via this Ramseeker.com link (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.18004memory.com/ramseeker/default.asp?itemid=502459).

    Fantastic! I don't know about you, but I believe this represents a sea change in the pricing of 2GB modules. I don't know how long ago these prices reached parity, but I have been looking for this time for quite a while.


    That's great! I want to put 4GB in my 8-core Mac Pro anyway, so I hope the price lingers there (or maybe even falls a little by the time I can get an octo core). I'd buy now, but I'd rather hold out on the chance that it'll drop a little more, or even on the longshot that they'd change what kind of modules the new machines use.





    ezekielrage_99
    Sep 25, 11:32 PM
    And the wait for 8 Core Mac Pros and Merom MacBook Pros/MaBook is on ;)

    Waiting for speed bumps means no one buys a dang thing :cool:





    Keleko
    Apr 20, 06:46 PM
    Yeah! My battery lasts for upwards of two days. Definitely not comparable at all to an iPhone.

    Inferior interface is subjective, and you've given no reference so that comment is irrelevant.

    Name me one app that you have on your iPhone that doesn't have a similar if not identical app on the Android Market.

    Camera+. With the new Clarity feature it is easily the best camera app on any phone. And it doesn't come in Android.





    UnixMac
    Oct 8, 04:38 PM
    Sadly the lack of a system bus faster than 133/167 and use of leading edge RAM technology is a major downside to Mac hardware. G4 with software optomized for it is still on par with P4, but when Altivec is not in the picture or MultiProcessor awareness, the Mac slips very fart behind. I still have faith that the G5 will make up for this gap.

    As for OS X vs Windows 2000, I am not as technically aware as the above poster, however my own experience in a large office environment with heavy networking is that Windows 2000 has failed us. We are switching to Unix and Sun, because we can't afford the down time that windows 2000 is giving us, the cost advantage of windows not withstanding.

    I have not come accross many large computer operations people that will tell me that Windows is a replacement for Unix. Not unless dealing with small size and limited budget.





    localoid
    Mar 14, 05:17 AM
    Somewhat old news, but seemingly germane...

    With a sparkle in his eyes, Bill Gates explains the Traveling Wave Reactor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRYtiSbbVg), a mini-reactor that can use nuclear waste as fuel.

    Wonder if Bill had one of these Gilbert sets as a kid?

    http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2184/gilbertatomicopentrimme.jpg





    bruinsrme
    Oct 7, 02:30 PM
    Looking at this from my perspective I can see why.
    I do not prefer to have the "Steve Jobs phone" staring at me in the face every time I turn the phne on. I prefer to have the appearance of the icons, background, ringtones and whatever else I feel like changing without having to jump through all the hoops of jailbreaking.
    If the Android platforms offer a decent distribution channel for their work, a hassle free user interface, a major carrier (ATT or verizon) and music manager well that is what I am currently looking for.
    I think such a platfe available prior to June 2010 when I will be ready to change.
    So the Android platform already has at least 3 potential customers



    No comments:

    Post a Comment