true777
Oct 24, 09:04 AM
Very nice update... solid machines. I bought my MBP 17" 3 months ago, so I think I'll wait for OS 10.5 next year, and hopefully the next revision of these babies until I upgrade... though it *is* tempting right now.
rmwebs
Apr 26, 01:53 PM
here's another article for you.....
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/04/22/amazon.cloud.mashable/index.html?iref=allsearch
Wow...are you really that narrowminded?
I'm not for one minute, nor did I ever say that Amazons cloud is invincible. The point I was making was that if Apple plan on using 1 datacenter, they will not only make the service unusable outside the US, but also make it pretty unreliable. The Amazon outage was the first since 2008 and was caused by a network glitch. Not exactly your run of the mill outage.
Either way, Amazons cloud will outperform Apple's, period end of story. You'd have to be a pretty delusional fanboy to think that Apple would have the upper hand in this market. :rolleyes:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/04/22/amazon.cloud.mashable/index.html?iref=allsearch
Wow...are you really that narrowminded?
I'm not for one minute, nor did I ever say that Amazons cloud is invincible. The point I was making was that if Apple plan on using 1 datacenter, they will not only make the service unusable outside the US, but also make it pretty unreliable. The Amazon outage was the first since 2008 and was caused by a network glitch. Not exactly your run of the mill outage.
Either way, Amazons cloud will outperform Apple's, period end of story. You'd have to be a pretty delusional fanboy to think that Apple would have the upper hand in this market. :rolleyes:
viperGTS
Apr 14, 04:12 PM
When is the Verizon iPhone going to get the 4.3 love?
It aint love, i can tell you that.
It aint love, i can tell you that.
MatLu
Jun 7, 12:14 AM
This is one of the reasons why I don't have any of my credit card associated with my iTunes account. I always just buy myself some iTunes credit and use that instead. So far I've never bought anything by accident on iTunes (but I did once buy a Kindle book on Amazon by accident (since Kindle books are automatically and always 1-Click purchases even if you disable that feature for everything else on Amazon). Lesson learned for this kid and mother. Luckily they were able to get a refund from Apple.

darbus69
Apr 26, 03:42 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Why is Apple always trying to make money with all their products and services, what other company does this ;)
Why can't all Apple products and services be free, I deserve it :D
thank you, someone who truly understands! I for one appreciate apple is a company which pours it's profits into MASSIVE R & D expenditures or makes fiscally responsible decisions with it's cash so that we all benefit with superior products, services and support, I am one extremely satisfied customer. anyone who whines should take their baby talk elsewhere, geez...
Why is Apple always trying to make money with all their products and services, what other company does this ;)
Why can't all Apple products and services be free, I deserve it :D
thank you, someone who truly understands! I for one appreciate apple is a company which pours it's profits into MASSIVE R & D expenditures or makes fiscally responsible decisions with it's cash so that we all benefit with superior products, services and support, I am one extremely satisfied customer. anyone who whines should take their baby talk elsewhere, geez...
mr.666
Jan 30, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=stevegmu;4858043]
"Do you even have any idea when the last time the US was on the Gold Standard?"
1971 Nixon stated that gold could no longer be traded in for currency. It was the last step which ended the real value of money. Money is NOT, backed by gold, or any other precious metal but is instead, backed by faith. The money is, in other words, as good as people believe it is good.
"If 100% of our income tax pays off the interest on the Debt, how then does the government operate?"
The government operates through property taxes, state taxes, education tax, toll booths -which are owned by foreign countries - this supports our infrastructure. The federal government uses 100% of our tax to pay interest to banks on money which is loaned... hence our astronomical debt. Most people believe that the Federal Reserve is owned and operated by the Government. In actuality European Banks own the federal reserve thanks to Roosevelt and any money that is printed is not controlled by the American Government. We borrow money to fund our wars, run our military, pay our politicians and then we the tax our citizens to pay the interest on the borrowed money. JFK tried to abolish the Federal Reserve and failed and now Ron Paul is calling for the same action.
"Most people have taken out equity loans and maxed out their credit? Please."
Take a look what is happening in Nevada and Detroit... A lot of people cannot afford the American lifestyle and the average middle class American would be living on the streets in 3-6 months of loosing their jobs as most barely have enough in their banks saved to live off of.
"America is still a manufacturing giant. Our exports to China were up 21% last quarter."
Ironically just like apple most companies have their products made in China, India, or Mexico and then import them/assemble and then export the goods. The united States does not have natural resource assets such as Canada and as our dollar decreases in value the further in the whole we get with our national debt.... which by the way surpasses the entire combined debt of every other country in the world.
"There are more middle class Americans today than in any other point in history."
Middle Class with little to no savings and astronomical debt. In 1961 the average cost of a house was 18,000 while the average middle class income was 12,000. The average new vehicle cost 2,000. About two years the average price of a new home was 275,000 and the average price of a new vehicle was 24,000 while the average income was around 32,000. Yes these averages are subjective, but it gives you an idea of where we are when we lost gold as a standard.... currency then becomes controlled by banks through interest which results in inflation.
"Why do you think a weak dollar is bad?" Sure, there may be some inflation, however, a weak dollar is good for exports and tourism. Take a look at Boeing vs. Airbus, as it relates to the devaluation of the dollar. There's a reason China artificially keeps their currency devalued."
A weak dollar is bad because other countries realize the amount of debt we have. Our President spent more money in the first half of his term than all presidents combined. This money was borrowed and we the tax payers are now accountable for it. Countries around the world are loosing faith in our dollar. Opec was greeted with several countries a few weeks ago demanding that oil stop being traded in US dollars. We are lucky that Saudia Arabia refused as this would have caused huge economic instability. Take a look at what happened to the Germans in WWW II when they over extended themselves... a loaf of bread was payed for with a wheel barrow full of coins. I am not preaching fear... it is simple common sense for the educated and the aware. The wise will be able to get rich when our market collapses others will be in line at the soup kitchen.
"Somehow, I doubt you have a dime invested in the market..."
I do not need to share my personal portfolio with you but you are right. I took all of my money out of stocks in November as I knew what was coming and what is to come. I am not going argue my point of view any further. Open your eyes to the world and wake up - do some research beyond Fox News!
WELL SAID WMK!!! - I most agree with the fact that the RETARID amount of money bush has spent has caused the decline in faith of the dollar!
I'd also like to add that Apple is by no means the biggest loser in this current stock slide and will come back. google lost $200 a share! so, they'll all come back it's all about confidence in the US not what was released at MW.
"Do you even have any idea when the last time the US was on the Gold Standard?"
1971 Nixon stated that gold could no longer be traded in for currency. It was the last step which ended the real value of money. Money is NOT, backed by gold, or any other precious metal but is instead, backed by faith. The money is, in other words, as good as people believe it is good.
"If 100% of our income tax pays off the interest on the Debt, how then does the government operate?"
The government operates through property taxes, state taxes, education tax, toll booths -which are owned by foreign countries - this supports our infrastructure. The federal government uses 100% of our tax to pay interest to banks on money which is loaned... hence our astronomical debt. Most people believe that the Federal Reserve is owned and operated by the Government. In actuality European Banks own the federal reserve thanks to Roosevelt and any money that is printed is not controlled by the American Government. We borrow money to fund our wars, run our military, pay our politicians and then we the tax our citizens to pay the interest on the borrowed money. JFK tried to abolish the Federal Reserve and failed and now Ron Paul is calling for the same action.
"Most people have taken out equity loans and maxed out their credit? Please."
Take a look what is happening in Nevada and Detroit... A lot of people cannot afford the American lifestyle and the average middle class American would be living on the streets in 3-6 months of loosing their jobs as most barely have enough in their banks saved to live off of.
"America is still a manufacturing giant. Our exports to China were up 21% last quarter."
Ironically just like apple most companies have their products made in China, India, or Mexico and then import them/assemble and then export the goods. The united States does not have natural resource assets such as Canada and as our dollar decreases in value the further in the whole we get with our national debt.... which by the way surpasses the entire combined debt of every other country in the world.
"There are more middle class Americans today than in any other point in history."
Middle Class with little to no savings and astronomical debt. In 1961 the average cost of a house was 18,000 while the average middle class income was 12,000. The average new vehicle cost 2,000. About two years the average price of a new home was 275,000 and the average price of a new vehicle was 24,000 while the average income was around 32,000. Yes these averages are subjective, but it gives you an idea of where we are when we lost gold as a standard.... currency then becomes controlled by banks through interest which results in inflation.
"Why do you think a weak dollar is bad?" Sure, there may be some inflation, however, a weak dollar is good for exports and tourism. Take a look at Boeing vs. Airbus, as it relates to the devaluation of the dollar. There's a reason China artificially keeps their currency devalued."
A weak dollar is bad because other countries realize the amount of debt we have. Our President spent more money in the first half of his term than all presidents combined. This money was borrowed and we the tax payers are now accountable for it. Countries around the world are loosing faith in our dollar. Opec was greeted with several countries a few weeks ago demanding that oil stop being traded in US dollars. We are lucky that Saudia Arabia refused as this would have caused huge economic instability. Take a look at what happened to the Germans in WWW II when they over extended themselves... a loaf of bread was payed for with a wheel barrow full of coins. I am not preaching fear... it is simple common sense for the educated and the aware. The wise will be able to get rich when our market collapses others will be in line at the soup kitchen.
"Somehow, I doubt you have a dime invested in the market..."
I do not need to share my personal portfolio with you but you are right. I took all of my money out of stocks in November as I knew what was coming and what is to come. I am not going argue my point of view any further. Open your eyes to the world and wake up - do some research beyond Fox News!
WELL SAID WMK!!! - I most agree with the fact that the RETARID amount of money bush has spent has caused the decline in faith of the dollar!
I'd also like to add that Apple is by no means the biggest loser in this current stock slide and will come back. google lost $200 a share! so, they'll all come back it's all about confidence in the US not what was released at MW.

lordonuthin
Oct 20, 10:06 PM
Someone claim the got 43 mins frame time on the biadv with a core i860 and Linux, same CPU as the higher end iMac. That is the same as my 3Ghz 8 core Mac Pro. You think it is possible?
I think they were dreaming;) my i7 920 with ubuntu does normal frames in about 6 minutes, I think, I'm at work now so not absolutely sure but in that range. The mp is running normal frames at about 2 minutes.
I think they were dreaming;) my i7 920 with ubuntu does normal frames in about 6 minutes, I think, I'm at work now so not absolutely sure but in that range. The mp is running normal frames at about 2 minutes.
vartanarsen
Apr 13, 10:51 PM
this is soooooo 2010.
Agreed....big time meh
Agreed....big time meh
ten-oak-druid
Apr 29, 12:56 AM
white iphone also lighter than black iphone? :)
http://www.iphone4society.com/buyer-guide/whitei4-1

Presence of gerard shakira

Gerard Pique amp; Shakira: Good

gerard pique shakira.

gerard pique shakira.

Gerard Piqué and Shakira

The photographs show Pique

Shakira#39;s man Gerard Pique was

The photographs show Pique

Goodbye for now: Shakira and

Recently, Shakira and Gerard
http://www.iphone4society.com/buyer-guide/whitei4-1
whooleytoo
Apr 14, 10:33 AM
Sorry, not likely to happen given the razor-thin profit margins for televisions nowadays, especially when you have Samsung, Sony, VIZIO, Panasonic, LG and a couple of other brands fighting it out already in the large-screen flat-panel market.
I don't know - Apple has a history of working very well with high margins in markets which traditionally had low margins. They've proven a few times over that quite a few people are willing to pay more for design & integration.
I don't know - Apple has a history of working very well with high margins in markets which traditionally had low margins. They've proven a few times over that quite a few people are willing to pay more for design & integration.
tradewinds
May 3, 08:09 AM
I just ordered one... *happy* but why are the SSD-Drives not available at the moment? 4-6 weeks delivery... ;(
JackSYi
Jul 24, 04:18 PM
Damn, about time.
Pressure
Oct 24, 08:12 AM
I think we finally can call the MacBook Pro line competitive with Dell and the rest now ;)
Not that they already weren't :)
Not that they already weren't :)
spooky2k
Apr 15, 01:18 PM
I'm really liking how Apple are putting these dev previews and updates out (no physical disks and such).
I wonder what's different in this one? Release log anyone?
I wonder what's different in this one? Release log anyone?

KnightWRX
Dec 30, 10:43 PM
Under normal circumstances, you're more or less right.
No, I'm 100% right. Weight control is about calories. End of story. Calories in < Calories out and you lose weight. Opposite and you gain weight. There's no more or less here, that is the very basic premise. You want to discuss specifics that affect calories in/calories out, but that's flawed. Teach people the base first, and let them balance themselves out. You can very easily test your metabolic rate.
However, many supersize people have participated in crash diets, drugs and other questionable regimens over the years in search of quick-fix thinness. Doing so can, after a while, sabotage the body's normal metabolic rate and endocrine output, making it much harder for these people to find the balance in their caloric equation without depriving themselves of needed micronutrients (vitamins, minerals).
So you're saying these people have abnormally low "Calories out". It still comes down to that very simple equation. These people first have to fix their calories out, get their metabolism back straight, then they can fix their calories in.
It is that easy to lose weight. People don't know this very simple and basic concept, they think "Fat/Sugar" has to do with weight, which is completely false. "Low Saturated Fat!" on a box of cookies means squat if the cookies are 170 calories for 3 vs 180 calories for 3 of the same cookies with normal saturated fat. You still can't eat the whole box in one sitting and think "hey, it's low fat, I can't gain weight from this".
You'd be surprised how many people think this way.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but the question that runs through my mind is: if it's so easy, why do people struggle with it? Why are there entire industries built around people that struggle with losing weight on their own?
People struggle because like someone pointed out, they lack willpower and I'll add that they lack education. Calorie control is the only way to lose weight. There's seriously no other way, since weight is based off of calories and calories alone. To lose weight, you need a calorie deficiency. To be more precise, 3500 calories = 1 lbs, each way. So you need to create a calorie deficiency of 3500 calories before you lose 1 lbs. My metabolic rate is around 1740, that's what I burn each day without lifting a finger. Add in my normal routine, and I'm around the magic 2000 calorie diet. Let's not add in my gym routine. So to lose 1 lbs in 7 days, I need to go on a 1500 calorie diet per day. That's going to give me a deficiency of 500 per day, times 7 days, 1 lbs lost.
There's entire industries because they profit from it. Some people like to buy "instant" solutions. 1 lbs in 7 days ? Bah humbug, too long, I have 100 to lose! There's no instant solutions to weight loss, quite the contrary, the entire weight loss industry makes money by keeping people fat and coming back for miracle cures. Their proposed plans of "1 shake/bar for breakfeast, same for lunch and a balanced diner" is awful. First, it should be the opposite, a good breakfeast and then their bars/shakes for lunch and diner. Breakfeast is where you get your day's energy. Second, that's not calorie control since it doesn't explain that it is trying to create a calorie deficit. So people just still overeat, they compensate the calories they didn't eat at breakfeast/lunch with a huge "balanced" diner.
I'm going to just assume you are young and have time on your hands. Because when I was young and had time staying trim was quite easy., Let's talk when you're in your 30's and are a busy professional :rolleyes:
I'm 32, work 35 hours per week in IT (sitting down on my ass), am on call with tons of pages coming in once every 2 weeks. I have a girlfriend, a mortgage and a dog.
Again, staying trim has nothing to do with having time or being busy or not. If you spend less calories, eat less calories. Balance your calories in to your calories out and you'll stay trim. Sure it means doing a bit more research into what you're eating, but that's not impossible. It also means listening to your body. Feeling "stuffed" means you overate. You should never feel full or stuffed. A donut is not faster to mow down than an Apple. It's not more filling either. It's tons more calories though.
You made an assumption about me and you were wrong. You should look at yourself and what you are or aren't doing that is making you fat, not make up excuses.
look. I'm not trying to make excuses. I'm not THAT out of shape. I do bikram yoga 4 times per week and walk a lot. I just can't be as extensive about it as I was in my youthful years. I'm very healthy but I do need to drop 20ish lbs. per doctors orders. I've completely cut out any sugar drinks other than water and a few organic smoothies and an occaional glass of wine here and there. But at my age and with my busy schedule it's just not as easy as it was when I was 25. Not an excuse, just a simple fact.
But again, it's just because you don't understand your caloric need for a day and you either overeat or eat just the right amount to maintain your weight. You don't even need to exercise to create a calorie deficiency. I think you're the perfect example of what I'm talking about, you don't understand the very basic concept, which has nothing to do with time spent, but rather food ingested.
People need to get it out of their heads that it is about exercise. It's 10% working out, 90% food. Get your nutrition right and you won't need to exercise a day in your life. If you want to get fit however, make sure to balance your nutrition around your added caloric need to not drop weight too fast or at all if your goal is maintaining.
No, I'm 100% right. Weight control is about calories. End of story. Calories in < Calories out and you lose weight. Opposite and you gain weight. There's no more or less here, that is the very basic premise. You want to discuss specifics that affect calories in/calories out, but that's flawed. Teach people the base first, and let them balance themselves out. You can very easily test your metabolic rate.
However, many supersize people have participated in crash diets, drugs and other questionable regimens over the years in search of quick-fix thinness. Doing so can, after a while, sabotage the body's normal metabolic rate and endocrine output, making it much harder for these people to find the balance in their caloric equation without depriving themselves of needed micronutrients (vitamins, minerals).
So you're saying these people have abnormally low "Calories out". It still comes down to that very simple equation. These people first have to fix their calories out, get their metabolism back straight, then they can fix their calories in.
It is that easy to lose weight. People don't know this very simple and basic concept, they think "Fat/Sugar" has to do with weight, which is completely false. "Low Saturated Fat!" on a box of cookies means squat if the cookies are 170 calories for 3 vs 180 calories for 3 of the same cookies with normal saturated fat. You still can't eat the whole box in one sitting and think "hey, it's low fat, I can't gain weight from this".
You'd be surprised how many people think this way.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but the question that runs through my mind is: if it's so easy, why do people struggle with it? Why are there entire industries built around people that struggle with losing weight on their own?
People struggle because like someone pointed out, they lack willpower and I'll add that they lack education. Calorie control is the only way to lose weight. There's seriously no other way, since weight is based off of calories and calories alone. To lose weight, you need a calorie deficiency. To be more precise, 3500 calories = 1 lbs, each way. So you need to create a calorie deficiency of 3500 calories before you lose 1 lbs. My metabolic rate is around 1740, that's what I burn each day without lifting a finger. Add in my normal routine, and I'm around the magic 2000 calorie diet. Let's not add in my gym routine. So to lose 1 lbs in 7 days, I need to go on a 1500 calorie diet per day. That's going to give me a deficiency of 500 per day, times 7 days, 1 lbs lost.
There's entire industries because they profit from it. Some people like to buy "instant" solutions. 1 lbs in 7 days ? Bah humbug, too long, I have 100 to lose! There's no instant solutions to weight loss, quite the contrary, the entire weight loss industry makes money by keeping people fat and coming back for miracle cures. Their proposed plans of "1 shake/bar for breakfeast, same for lunch and a balanced diner" is awful. First, it should be the opposite, a good breakfeast and then their bars/shakes for lunch and diner. Breakfeast is where you get your day's energy. Second, that's not calorie control since it doesn't explain that it is trying to create a calorie deficit. So people just still overeat, they compensate the calories they didn't eat at breakfeast/lunch with a huge "balanced" diner.
I'm going to just assume you are young and have time on your hands. Because when I was young and had time staying trim was quite easy., Let's talk when you're in your 30's and are a busy professional :rolleyes:
I'm 32, work 35 hours per week in IT (sitting down on my ass), am on call with tons of pages coming in once every 2 weeks. I have a girlfriend, a mortgage and a dog.
Again, staying trim has nothing to do with having time or being busy or not. If you spend less calories, eat less calories. Balance your calories in to your calories out and you'll stay trim. Sure it means doing a bit more research into what you're eating, but that's not impossible. It also means listening to your body. Feeling "stuffed" means you overate. You should never feel full or stuffed. A donut is not faster to mow down than an Apple. It's not more filling either. It's tons more calories though.
You made an assumption about me and you were wrong. You should look at yourself and what you are or aren't doing that is making you fat, not make up excuses.
look. I'm not trying to make excuses. I'm not THAT out of shape. I do bikram yoga 4 times per week and walk a lot. I just can't be as extensive about it as I was in my youthful years. I'm very healthy but I do need to drop 20ish lbs. per doctors orders. I've completely cut out any sugar drinks other than water and a few organic smoothies and an occaional glass of wine here and there. But at my age and with my busy schedule it's just not as easy as it was when I was 25. Not an excuse, just a simple fact.
But again, it's just because you don't understand your caloric need for a day and you either overeat or eat just the right amount to maintain your weight. You don't even need to exercise to create a calorie deficiency. I think you're the perfect example of what I'm talking about, you don't understand the very basic concept, which has nothing to do with time spent, but rather food ingested.
People need to get it out of their heads that it is about exercise. It's 10% working out, 90% food. Get your nutrition right and you won't need to exercise a day in your life. If you want to get fit however, make sure to balance your nutrition around your added caloric need to not drop weight too fast or at all if your goal is maintaining.
DurnkPorduction
Apr 22, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately, as expected.
It's almost always design over functionality at Apple.
But we got used to it. :)
It's almost always design over functionality at Apple.
But we got used to it. :)
Plutonius
Apr 26, 04:02 PM
Fixed :)
By saving yourself, you hurt the village :eek: .
By saving yourself, you hurt the village :eek: .
twilson
Oct 23, 09:55 AM
The more "interesting" restriction I saw (and mentioned in the other thread) was the "don't use DRM in a VM" restriction even with business or ultimate. :eek: :rolleyes:
B
Of course not, the DRM would then be transferrable. Which given the lack of DRM license backups, I think that is what most people will do.
B
Of course not, the DRM would then be transferrable. Which given the lack of DRM license backups, I think that is what most people will do.
Spooner83
Apr 26, 12:30 PM
wow, this is awful, ****ing capitalists apple. This is why I'll use soundcloud and NOT apple cloud.
gkhaldi
Oct 24, 09:32 AM
I basically ordered a machien and don't know what to expect from perf increase. I have a MBPRO core duo @ 2 GHz. What speedbump can expect on this new C2D @ 2.33 GHz?
AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 24, 03:22 PM
Using Apple.com prices for comparison, current Mighty Mouse is $49 and Bluetooth Mouse is $59.
I would like to see the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse at $59 or even better a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mighty Mouse Combo for $99.
Ditto - if the mouse is 70 dollars, there's no way I'll pay for it (I'm still surprised I forked over the 50 dollars for the last Mighty Mouse...)
My guess? They lower the price of the wired Mighty Mouse a bit, discontinue the other bluetooth mouse, and replace it with a bluetooth Mighty Mouse for 50-60 dollars. My hope? They offer a bundle, with both the wireless keyboard + mouse for 99 dollars or less.
I would like to see the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse at $59 or even better a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mighty Mouse Combo for $99.
Ditto - if the mouse is 70 dollars, there's no way I'll pay for it (I'm still surprised I forked over the 50 dollars for the last Mighty Mouse...)
My guess? They lower the price of the wired Mighty Mouse a bit, discontinue the other bluetooth mouse, and replace it with a bluetooth Mighty Mouse for 50-60 dollars. My hope? They offer a bundle, with both the wireless keyboard + mouse for 99 dollars or less.
chrmjenkins
Apr 22, 02:03 PM
That's typical Apple. Intel chipset does not support USB 3.0? No USB 3.0 for Apple fans!
It's not built into the current Intel platform standards. That doesn't mean it doesn't support it. Most of Intel's reference boards even include it.
NVIDIA GPUs do not work with SandyBridge? Stick with outdated C2D CPUs for years.
Nvidia GPUs work fine with the Sandy Bridge platform. The problem was that they were not licensed to make chipsets for intel processors past the Montevina platform.
What's more important - CPU/chip or case? In case of Apple, the case always wins. Apple is all about image. Once designed, the case should stay unchanged for many years. Apple will wait until somebody designs a "suitable" chip. Is not it kind of backward?
Apple is using the same CPUs as everyone else, for which their enclosures are extremely competitive in terms of dimensions.
Then we hear excuses from Apple fans why Apple could not use separate USB 3.0 controller. This would require redesign of the motherboard - Wow! Think of it - redesigning a motherboard! Some companies redesign tens of motherboards every year but Apple? No way. Now iPhone users will be stuck with outdated technology for a year or two and they will be feeding us all kinds of excuses why LTE can not be used in iPhone. Just ridiculous.
There's no question that two radio chips would have caused the tiny logic board inside the iPhone 4 to grow. That means the battery gets smaller or they make some other sort of sacrifice which potentially changes the housing. Too much work to release the same iPhone on a different network, especially since apple wouldn't want to sacrifice battery life.
Since apple has to design to the greatest common denominator, I doubt they'd increase the size of the phone given the number of outspoken size critics on this forum.
It's not built into the current Intel platform standards. That doesn't mean it doesn't support it. Most of Intel's reference boards even include it.
NVIDIA GPUs do not work with SandyBridge? Stick with outdated C2D CPUs for years.
Nvidia GPUs work fine with the Sandy Bridge platform. The problem was that they were not licensed to make chipsets for intel processors past the Montevina platform.
What's more important - CPU/chip or case? In case of Apple, the case always wins. Apple is all about image. Once designed, the case should stay unchanged for many years. Apple will wait until somebody designs a "suitable" chip. Is not it kind of backward?
Apple is using the same CPUs as everyone else, for which their enclosures are extremely competitive in terms of dimensions.
Then we hear excuses from Apple fans why Apple could not use separate USB 3.0 controller. This would require redesign of the motherboard - Wow! Think of it - redesigning a motherboard! Some companies redesign tens of motherboards every year but Apple? No way. Now iPhone users will be stuck with outdated technology for a year or two and they will be feeding us all kinds of excuses why LTE can not be used in iPhone. Just ridiculous.
There's no question that two radio chips would have caused the tiny logic board inside the iPhone 4 to grow. That means the battery gets smaller or they make some other sort of sacrifice which potentially changes the housing. Too much work to release the same iPhone on a different network, especially since apple wouldn't want to sacrifice battery life.
Since apple has to design to the greatest common denominator, I doubt they'd increase the size of the phone given the number of outspoken size critics on this forum.
bluebomberman
Jul 12, 02:31 PM
Snowy-
Any professional copy shop should be able to take your sequential, 5.5" x 8.5" size pages and turn it into a booklet with binding in the middle. My understanding is that they have super-expensive machines that can do that without much effort.
I don't think you need to futz around with a non-sequential layout unless you plan to print this out yourself without the use of fancy $40,000+ copiers.
Any professional copy shop should be able to take your sequential, 5.5" x 8.5" size pages and turn it into a booklet with binding in the middle. My understanding is that they have super-expensive machines that can do that without much effort.
I don't think you need to futz around with a non-sequential layout unless you plan to print this out yourself without the use of fancy $40,000+ copiers.
chilipie
May 2, 03:40 AM
It seems like his hideout was found through careful analysis rather than by having anyone imprisoned, coerced or tortured. Perhaps there's a lesson to be learnt from all this.
No comments:
Post a Comment