Built
Apr 2, 07:59 PM
Oh dear. How is Stevie going to sleep at night knowing that one potential customer is still on the fence...:rolleyes:
Frankly, they don't give two animal-faecal-secretions about whether you buy it or not.
While you may think your sarcasm-laden post witty, the fact remains that you have not stated any kind of revelation.
They do not care about ONE consumer...but they certainly are going to care about the thousands of units that are being returned and exchanged in hopes of finding one good unit.
I would tell you to review the iPad forum but I have a feeling that message would be lost on somebody so insistent on keeping their head in the sand.
Frankly, they don't give two animal-faecal-secretions about whether you buy it or not.
While you may think your sarcasm-laden post witty, the fact remains that you have not stated any kind of revelation.
They do not care about ONE consumer...but they certainly are going to care about the thousands of units that are being returned and exchanged in hopes of finding one good unit.
I would tell you to review the iPad forum but I have a feeling that message would be lost on somebody so insistent on keeping their head in the sand.

Blue Velvet
Mar 22, 12:11 PM
Yeah, but homosexuality is a choice.
Are you serious?
Are you serious?
puma1552
Jan 5, 08:53 AM
Avoid that BMW like the plague.
German + high miles = no way
Been there, done that, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Shame on me.
I'd rather take my chances with an old pile of an American car, because at least it will be cheaper to fix constantly.
Old BMWs are great if you like $1000 surprises. For the price you'll pay in repairs, you could have a car 2.5 times more expensive with a regular, planned, budgeted payment.
German + high miles = no way
Been there, done that, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Shame on me.
I'd rather take my chances with an old pile of an American car, because at least it will be cheaper to fix constantly.
Old BMWs are great if you like $1000 surprises. For the price you'll pay in repairs, you could have a car 2.5 times more expensive with a regular, planned, budgeted payment.
donfishinghocke
Jan 10, 12:11 PM
My 2010 Evo X. Soo fast, and so fun!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4711634981_96255bab85_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4712302914_e3b47c2054_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4711634981_96255bab85_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4712302914_e3b47c2054_b.jpg
Counterfit
Apr 19, 02:51 AM
Read Apple's own statement and tell me where it says their computers are for everyone: *cough*Macintosh, the computer for the rest of us :D

poppe
Sep 1, 12:37 PM
Man, if they can fit something better than a ATI Radeon X1600 XT or whatever nVidia equivalent, that would be awesome.
If they do release a 23-inch iMac, I'm wondering if that's big enough for more user upgrades. Processor replacements, adding a PCI or replacing a GPU, etc. I mean, if there's space for it, I would certainly like an all-in-one iMac that has upgradable features that make it almost Mac Pro like. The only damper on the non-Mac Pro desktops and laptops is your upgrade paths are limited.
I don't think they'll ever make the iMac very upgradable. While iMac and Mac Pro users tend to be a different type, I still think if they leave to much room for the iMac to grow at a bargain, then there will be no reason for a Mac Pro.
If they do release a 23-inch iMac, I'm wondering if that's big enough for more user upgrades. Processor replacements, adding a PCI or replacing a GPU, etc. I mean, if there's space for it, I would certainly like an all-in-one iMac that has upgradable features that make it almost Mac Pro like. The only damper on the non-Mac Pro desktops and laptops is your upgrade paths are limited.
I don't think they'll ever make the iMac very upgradable. While iMac and Mac Pro users tend to be a different type, I still think if they leave to much room for the iMac to grow at a bargain, then there will be no reason for a Mac Pro.
aznguyen316
Sep 14, 06:29 AM
^ cool thanks for the green pics. I like that color. I couldn't find those cases at either of my nearest BB's although online showed in stock.. hmm.
twoodcc
Oct 5, 02:22 PM
thanks. when it gets colder here, i'll start doing the bigadv units again. then the points should really add up. if they keep the units going.
way to go dude!
hey, congrats to you for 6 million!!
way to go dude!
hey, congrats to you for 6 million!!
mwayne85
Apr 19, 11:00 AM
Not expecting a huge update here other than Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt, and 6XXX series AMD graphics.
CFreymarc
Apr 2, 08:21 PM
I really like this ad. Maybe this will be the new direction of Apple's marketing?
Apple was one of the first to proclaim that technology is a means to your jobs and not the job itself. The world uses tools that engineers make for a purpose and not having the hotted box out there.
To use the automotive analogy, we are out of the muscle car era and moving into a market where functionality overrides hardcore specs. This also makes the jobs of an engineer much more difficult since customer demands are now more intangible.
Apple was one of the first to proclaim that technology is a means to your jobs and not the job itself. The world uses tools that engineers make for a purpose and not having the hotted box out there.
To use the automotive analogy, we are out of the muscle car era and moving into a market where functionality overrides hardcore specs. This also makes the jobs of an engineer much more difficult since customer demands are now more intangible.
TelegraphRoad
Sep 14, 09:24 PM
I subscribed to their magazine for about 10 years. I bought into the whole thing ... raffle, website subscription, donations ... the whole bit. I finally got smart after being burned on riding mowers, washing machines, hotels, hand-held vacuums and most other crap. I religiously purchased their recommendations, except for cars since I worked in that business and they were too biased against some brands. I found their recommendations so unreliable, that I started shopping from the bottom of this. Anyway, I can't recommend them and perhaps we can get publicity for making that statement.

liketom
Jul 19, 05:03 PM
The great numbers shown today just prove that this is the perfect moment to bury MS once and for all in the OS war...OS X is by far the best system, and Longsight is still more than 6 months away...Microsoft is doomed.
Apple has had a better OS IMO for years and i wish i'd switched much sooner then i did -
LongShight i think you mean Vista will be here next year and will be a big cash cow for Microsoft - will it work as well as Mac OS ? no,will it be better ? no ...but people will buy it and still get viruses and spyware
and whilst there are doing that i will still keep buying Mac's and adding to there Quarterly Profits :D
Well, he clearly dismissed all current MP3/Phone integration setups and said that they're not just sitting around. It's no outright admission, but I'd say that's pretty revealing -- if he was refering to iTunes on a phone, I feel like he would've had a talking point ready for it. This seemed more like a "er, I just backed myself into this sentence" type thing.
true - after posting i thought this too - well maybe, but i'll not get my hopes up like the Powerbook G5 thing;)
Apple has had a better OS IMO for years and i wish i'd switched much sooner then i did -
LongShight i think you mean Vista will be here next year and will be a big cash cow for Microsoft - will it work as well as Mac OS ? no,will it be better ? no ...but people will buy it and still get viruses and spyware
and whilst there are doing that i will still keep buying Mac's and adding to there Quarterly Profits :D
Well, he clearly dismissed all current MP3/Phone integration setups and said that they're not just sitting around. It's no outright admission, but I'd say that's pretty revealing -- if he was refering to iTunes on a phone, I feel like he would've had a talking point ready for it. This seemed more like a "er, I just backed myself into this sentence" type thing.
true - after posting i thought this too - well maybe, but i'll not get my hopes up like the Powerbook G5 thing;)
SiliconAddict
Aug 24, 11:16 PM
People and their meroms :rolleyes: Anyone would think the messiah is coming :eek:
Imagine Steve Jobs announcing the G6. Its about on par to that. I don't think people realize what Core 2 is going to do for laptops. Faster performance at the same or lower power consumption that is found in the MBP? Yah what's not to like. I just wish my MBP was ZIF socketed. :( Oh well.
Imagine Steve Jobs announcing the G6. Its about on par to that. I don't think people realize what Core 2 is going to do for laptops. Faster performance at the same or lower power consumption that is found in the MBP? Yah what's not to like. I just wish my MBP was ZIF socketed. :( Oh well.
cityathrt
Sep 11, 11:02 PM
Gelaskins has just posted their iPt4 cases, unfortunately, they're not covering the bottom dock area and the top buttons area. :( Invisible shield here I come..
daneoni
Jan 5, 06:10 AM
I dont get why people are saying we will get updates to MacBook Pros/iMacs, what will they be updated with?. The Core 2 Duo chips are still the newest chips from intel. Santa Rosa is yet to debut.
I dont see any updates to them im afraid at MWSF. Maybe we'll see the ultrathin MBP but i highly doubt it...
I dont see any updates to them im afraid at MWSF. Maybe we'll see the ultrathin MBP but i highly doubt it...

Stella
Jul 18, 06:38 AM
Waste of time. Two reasons:
- Several hours of downloads
- Available in the states only
Apple still haven't rolled out videos to the rest of the world yet ( for what ever reason , i.e., licensing. Apple seem to be dragging their heels regarding getting licenses. It shouldn't take this long ).
- Several hours of downloads
- Available in the states only
Apple still haven't rolled out videos to the rest of the world yet ( for what ever reason , i.e., licensing. Apple seem to be dragging their heels regarding getting licenses. It shouldn't take this long ).
bigandy
Nov 29, 04:54 PM
Living room, car, blah blah blah.
Nobody has yet delivered a truly GOOD streaming media solution for my hot air balloon. Are you listening Apple???!!!!! :mad:
they always have to miss some huge market opportunity, don't they.
bastards.
Nobody has yet delivered a truly GOOD streaming media solution for my hot air balloon. Are you listening Apple???!!!!! :mad:
they always have to miss some huge market opportunity, don't they.
bastards.
Object-X
Sep 1, 12:08 PM
hopefully it's going to look like this:
56364
I agree, I want an iMac like computer with the aluminum housing; looks better on my desk! ;)
At any rate, hopefully the form factor will be thinner. I can see the 17" eventually being relegated to eMac status.
56364
I agree, I want an iMac like computer with the aluminum housing; looks better on my desk! ;)
At any rate, hopefully the form factor will be thinner. I can see the 17" eventually being relegated to eMac status.
Thunderhawks
Mar 23, 07:44 AM
Totally necessary...You never know when you are going to want to listen to that random Engelbert Humperdinck song that's been stuck in your head
Please release me ............let me go...
Kind of fits for the classic:-)
Please release me ............let me go...
Kind of fits for the classic:-)
jav6454
Mar 24, 03:39 PM
Can anyone explain the nVidia hate?
Because they suck, and have put up subpar product offerings. Also, those products need a NUCLEAR REACTOR to power and burn houses quicker than gas does.
Because they suck, and have put up subpar product offerings. Also, those products need a NUCLEAR REACTOR to power and burn houses quicker than gas does.
babyj
Nov 30, 12:46 PM
The quoted price is $299 which nominally translates to £157 + Apple stiff a brit tax + Government screw yer countryman tax.
I'm expecting £199.
If you think the iTV will do everything that a media centre pc circa(£800) does then i want to know what you are smoking?
It'll be a highly focused 1st release ie, everything in the Sept presentation + RSS feeds rebranded as clever channels, delivering usual junk off YouTube and Google video.
Games, ichat, online imovie editing, they'll be in patch releases, when you buy iTV 2 or never, cos Steve thinks those things suck ass on a TV.
I'm not expecting iTV to do everything a Media Centre PC does, but it needs to be able to do what the Xbox 360 can when connected to a PC running Media Centre. Whether that means it has to connect to a Mac or do it stand alone doesn't matter, but it needs to compete with the Microsoft solution.
If you've got an old PC (or you buy a cheap 2nd hand PC) you can run Media Centre on then it only costs £80 for Media Centre, £200 for an Xbox and £50 for a TV card.
I'd of already gone with Microsoft but I want to be able to download video on to my iPod - the different video formats make that a pain in the arse at the moment.
I'm expecting £199.
If you think the iTV will do everything that a media centre pc circa(£800) does then i want to know what you are smoking?
It'll be a highly focused 1st release ie, everything in the Sept presentation + RSS feeds rebranded as clever channels, delivering usual junk off YouTube and Google video.
Games, ichat, online imovie editing, they'll be in patch releases, when you buy iTV 2 or never, cos Steve thinks those things suck ass on a TV.
I'm not expecting iTV to do everything a Media Centre PC does, but it needs to be able to do what the Xbox 360 can when connected to a PC running Media Centre. Whether that means it has to connect to a Mac or do it stand alone doesn't matter, but it needs to compete with the Microsoft solution.
If you've got an old PC (or you buy a cheap 2nd hand PC) you can run Media Centre on then it only costs £80 for Media Centre, £200 for an Xbox and £50 for a TV card.
I'd of already gone with Microsoft but I want to be able to download video on to my iPod - the different video formats make that a pain in the arse at the moment.
person135
Oct 30, 03:21 PM
well the thing is to me, the only really useful thing other than the actual case itself in the Colors case is the screen protector. I could always buy a separate screen protector right?
too bad no one has a review of the FlexGrip.
too bad no one has a review of the FlexGrip.
twoodcc
Jan 23, 03:44 PM
Our PPD has dropped 20% from the peak, I lost a big unit this week due to a reboot, same old annoying problem...
Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...
yeah i've noticed the team has been down. again, i believe the less we chat on this forum, the less members will fold. right now, if one of our top users goes down, our whole team does basically.
i think we need to be more involved on here, and more people will fold.
sorry to hear you lost a big unit. yeah gulftown and gpu3 will be great!
Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...
yeah i've noticed the team has been down. again, i believe the less we chat on this forum, the less members will fold. right now, if one of our top users goes down, our whole team does basically.
i think we need to be more involved on here, and more people will fold.
sorry to hear you lost a big unit. yeah gulftown and gpu3 will be great!
Speczorz
Sep 27, 05:25 PM
My dermashot case came in on Friday.. been using it since.
My initial thoughts - this case looks cheap and has a loose feel.
My thoughts now - the case has a nice style and even though it is not as snug as it should be, it fits fine. It has not fallen off at all and has a real nice feel too. However, the included screen protector was junk. Had way too many bubbles. Even after applying many times, that didn't help. I now like the grip of the case. I also like how the case comes up around the menu button.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with it. For $20 with free shipping, it was a decent deal. The case also comes with a little stand that holds the iPod horizontally (not vertically at all), so you can watch movies and not have to hold it. It's a nice little added feature.
Hope this helps others who are on the fence.. ;)
Bill
My initial thoughts - this case looks cheap and has a loose feel.
My thoughts now - the case has a nice style and even though it is not as snug as it should be, it fits fine. It has not fallen off at all and has a real nice feel too. However, the included screen protector was junk. Had way too many bubbles. Even after applying many times, that didn't help. I now like the grip of the case. I also like how the case comes up around the menu button.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with it. For $20 with free shipping, it was a decent deal. The case also comes with a little stand that holds the iPod horizontally (not vertically at all), so you can watch movies and not have to hold it. It's a nice little added feature.
Hope this helps others who are on the fence.. ;)
Bill
No comments:
Post a Comment