crackpip
Jul 24, 08:54 PM
i wonder how you click, or make a selection. it would be pointless if you could scroll wothout touching the screen, but had to touch it in order to click on the scroll wheel.
Yeah, that is a good question. It would seem to be a very touchy thing to differentiate scrolling from clicking the buttons. Maybe they'll move back to the 3G interface with the separate buttons. It seems that it might feel a bit awkward to me to not receive any tactile feed back.
I'm excited to see what Apple comes up with.
crack "Bad Puns" pip
Yeah, that is a good question. It would seem to be a very touchy thing to differentiate scrolling from clicking the buttons. Maybe they'll move back to the 3G interface with the separate buttons. It seems that it might feel a bit awkward to me to not receive any tactile feed back.
I'm excited to see what Apple comes up with.
crack "Bad Puns" pip
Thares
Apr 25, 04:57 PM
Glad to see another PC Gamer + Mac User on the forums. One day my friend, we could perhaps game on our Macs...one day:( *soft weeping
Well, actually we can. You can play CoD 4, Civ5, Sims 3, World of WarCraft, Diablo II, WarCraft III, ...
Of course, that's not the majority of games. I plan to install Windows on the iMac I will purchase next week (or hopefully tomorow. ;)) for some gaming. I love GTA IV, for example.
I think more and more games will come out for Mac from time to time.
Personally, I like the symbiosis of Windows software and OS-X. PowerPoint '11 beats Keynote and Word is just fine. Anyway. I will get my new iMac after I'm back from my Sweden trip next week. =)
Cheers
Well, actually we can. You can play CoD 4, Civ5, Sims 3, World of WarCraft, Diablo II, WarCraft III, ...
Of course, that's not the majority of games. I plan to install Windows on the iMac I will purchase next week (or hopefully tomorow. ;)) for some gaming. I love GTA IV, for example.
I think more and more games will come out for Mac from time to time.
Personally, I like the symbiosis of Windows software and OS-X. PowerPoint '11 beats Keynote and Word is just fine. Anyway. I will get my new iMac after I'm back from my Sweden trip next week. =)
Cheers
dmr727
Jan 30, 12:43 PM
Jon Cryer has to be the most unhappy guy in the world right now.
Poor Duckie. I hope he socked a bunch of money away.
Poor Duckie. I hope he socked a bunch of money away.
bushido
Apr 24, 09:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
oops delete please ^^ stupid iphone
oops delete please ^^ stupid iphone
AppleScruff1
Apr 22, 11:37 AM
You really don't need LTE until Uncle Steve decides you do.
Marc-Mustang
Jul 21, 05:33 PM
Sorry guys. I was asking how much of Apple does Bill Gates actually own via stock, not the market share that Apple has. This info is very hard to find.
Blue Velvet
Feb 28, 01:49 PM
I'm not saying that I don't think he's abusing some serious drugs, but I think he has more control over what he's doing/saying than we think.
http://mediumlarge.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/sheen-morning-2.jpg?w=551&h=366
More Charlie Sheen cats here (http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/cats-quote-charlie-sheen/) and here. (http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/cats-quote-charlie-sheen-morning-news-edition/)
http://mediumlarge.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/sheen-morning-2.jpg?w=551&h=366
More Charlie Sheen cats here (http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/cats-quote-charlie-sheen/) and here. (http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/cats-quote-charlie-sheen-morning-news-edition/)
zen
Apr 19, 12:39 AM
For those experiencing the "device is not eligible for this build" error, the solution is up at the Apple support discussions. (https://discussions.apple.com/message/13386595?messageID=13386595)
Ammo
Apr 26, 10:42 AM
Not really. There are some markets where Verizon LTE is able to pull down over 10 MB/s, which T-mobile's HSPA+ and WiMax can't touch.
AT&T's HSPA+ can pull down 21 MB theoretically. 4x faster than HSPA 7.2.
AT&T's HSPA+ can pull down 21 MB theoretically. 4x faster than HSPA 7.2.
JAT
Apr 30, 10:57 AM
add to that AAC is not exactly a free. It has licencing cost to it. Mp3 is complete free and open.
Yes, and that matters to consumers....how?
Yes, and that matters to consumers....how?
rhett7660
Feb 25, 11:20 AM
As it is looking, looks like the show might be done period. Which just sucks. One of my favorite shows too! :mad:

ghostface147
Apr 28, 04:58 PM
This is what happens when Apple buys their white iPhones off the street in China. Keeping it real folks...keeping it real......
Thomas Veil
Mar 8, 05:59 AM
Why? Was it because of something he posted on Facebook? :DLOL!
In all seriousness...it'd be a hoot if they hired Emilio Estevez. Can you imagine the intra-family squabble that might set up?? :D
In all seriousness...it'd be a hoot if they hired Emilio Estevez. Can you imagine the intra-family squabble that might set up?? :D
Burgess07
Apr 15, 03:14 PM
The "view" buttons in finder changed back to the old style.
281496
281496
jettredmont
Oct 23, 10:42 AM
just to clear up the confusion, is this a legal or technical restriction? Can you still do this with the basic edition technically, but illegally. Or are there technical restrictions being applied?
No one will know that until they try installing Windows on a VM.
And, yes, the detection of a VM is simple, given a handful of VM vendors: just look for the VM "hardware" signatures they use. On activation, if any matching hardware is found, pop up a dialog stating "This license of Windows is not applicable to a virtual machine, such as <Parallels or VMWare or Virtual PC>. Activation failed. Please see www.microsoft.com/suckyoudry to enhance your license to allow activation on this virtual machine."
That is precisely what Activation is for: detecting invalid hardware (usually, hardware on which this copy of Windows was not activated, but in thi case also VM hardware) and stopping full use of the product on it. We can't say for certain that they will do this until it happens or someone from MS breaks the code of silence regarding this issue. But they certainly have the means to do it.
No one will know that until they try installing Windows on a VM.
And, yes, the detection of a VM is simple, given a handful of VM vendors: just look for the VM "hardware" signatures they use. On activation, if any matching hardware is found, pop up a dialog stating "This license of Windows is not applicable to a virtual machine, such as <Parallels or VMWare or Virtual PC>. Activation failed. Please see www.microsoft.com/suckyoudry to enhance your license to allow activation on this virtual machine."
That is precisely what Activation is for: detecting invalid hardware (usually, hardware on which this copy of Windows was not activated, but in thi case also VM hardware) and stopping full use of the product on it. We can't say for certain that they will do this until it happens or someone from MS breaks the code of silence regarding this issue. But they certainly have the means to do it.
LT1FirebirdSLP
May 4, 06:31 AM
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.........
...take anything an AT&T rep says at face value. This is coming from a type of representative, where in my battles earlier this year with AT&T attempting to get back to unlimited data, who told me there was nothing they could do but gave me advice on how to seamlessly switch to Verizon (including how to port my phone number and suggested I keep my AT&T account open until I switch to VZ).
While I fully believe this story did actually take place, I believe the rep has 'ZERO' credibility.
FYI: My later wrangling with corporate was a lot more pleasant and yielded me my Unlimited iPhone data plan back.
...take anything an AT&T rep says at face value. This is coming from a type of representative, where in my battles earlier this year with AT&T attempting to get back to unlimited data, who told me there was nothing they could do but gave me advice on how to seamlessly switch to Verizon (including how to port my phone number and suggested I keep my AT&T account open until I switch to VZ).
While I fully believe this story did actually take place, I believe the rep has 'ZERO' credibility.
FYI: My later wrangling with corporate was a lot more pleasant and yielded me my Unlimited iPhone data plan back.
ChristianJapan
May 4, 02:26 AM
Hope for LTE ...
citi
Apr 28, 04:22 PM
If this requires case manufacturers to make a case specifically for the white iPhone on both carriers, I wouldn't be surprised if they just said screw it, were not making one. Apple released the white iPhone because they said they would, I don't think enough will be sold where it makes sense for case makers.
Someone will make a case. Do you think these established companies want some newjack to come in and steal their entire market? Once you buy a case and like it, you typically stay with that company for your next one. Businesses would rather make money instead of making points.
Someone will make a case. Do you think these established companies want some newjack to come in and steal their entire market? Once you buy a case and like it, you typically stay with that company for your next one. Businesses would rather make money instead of making points.
kevin.rivers
Jul 28, 08:29 AM
Really depends on yoru defintion of success. Popularity wise it's been successful (360 is helped solely by the fact it's the only HD player out there right now) but as far as the stock holders and business men are concerned it's been a debacle - they've lost hundreds of millions of dollars in the XBox and have still yet to see a single positve quarter, financially speaking, since it's inception.
News Flash. The 360 does NOT play any HD. They are working on an add on HD DVD, but it is not out. Therefore no HD. So the sole thing that the 360 is helped by doesn't exist.
News Flash. The 360 does NOT play any HD. They are working on an add on HD DVD, but it is not out. Therefore no HD. So the sole thing that the 360 is helped by doesn't exist.
Legion93
May 1, 10:32 PM
Do we know where Chuck Norris was last week?
He travelled back in time.
He travelled back in time.
Mobius 1
May 3, 09:06 AM
how do i reclaim the normal clocked speed of the CPU and GPU?
u know apple underclock and things like that
u know apple underclock and things like that
kazmac
May 3, 08:03 AM
Wow, those are some BTO options once you get to the high end 21.5".
This is a very impressive upgrade. 16GB and 2 Drives in a 21.5" ? that's wonderful. This bodes very well for future Mac releases across the board. I really hope all of the kinks of the last 2 years are worked out.
Will watch very carefully > I'm really not wanting to get another iMac but I hope these kinds of upgrades will become common place. This would be the machine I'd get for work since video/web design etc. is becoming part of my duties, if my job 1) supported Mac use and 2) funded the darn thing.
C'mon Apple let's see these kinds of options for the Mac Mini (not everything but more RAM, two drives, separate GPU and thunderbolt would be sweet).
This is a very impressive upgrade. 16GB and 2 Drives in a 21.5" ? that's wonderful. This bodes very well for future Mac releases across the board. I really hope all of the kinks of the last 2 years are worked out.
Will watch very carefully > I'm really not wanting to get another iMac but I hope these kinds of upgrades will become common place. This would be the machine I'd get for work since video/web design etc. is becoming part of my duties, if my job 1) supported Mac use and 2) funded the darn thing.
C'mon Apple let's see these kinds of options for the Mac Mini (not everything but more RAM, two drives, separate GPU and thunderbolt would be sweet).
xbuddycorex
May 4, 01:50 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
I bet the AT&T rep got his information from MacRumors.
I bet the AT&T rep got his information from MacRumors.
gkhaldi
Oct 23, 12:31 PM
I've got a question for you guys. Any of you Mac users that also run Windows on a box somewhere:
Are any of you really going to upgrade to Vista when it comes out? or are you going to wait at least a year?
I refuse to spend another dime @ Micro$oft.
Are any of you really going to upgrade to Vista when it comes out? or are you going to wait at least a year?
I refuse to spend another dime @ Micro$oft.
No comments:
Post a Comment