jessica.
Sep 13, 08:19 PM
Linkin Park A Thousand Suns
http://metalwarez.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Linkin-Park-A-Thousand-Suns-2010.jpg
Only one song kicks ass and it's called "Wretches And kings" It's going to be a hit in da clubs. I said it first! :D
Do you ever leave your basement? How will you know if it is a hit? :p
http://metalwarez.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Linkin-Park-A-Thousand-Suns-2010.jpg
Only one song kicks ass and it's called "Wretches And kings" It's going to be a hit in da clubs. I said it first! :D
Do you ever leave your basement? How will you know if it is a hit? :p
Lennholm
Apr 22, 08:23 AM
282522
Looks completely different to me. ;)
How are they different? They are both round with a 3D look and have a triangle with the same alignment and angles in the middle. They even perform the same function, to start playback of media content. Are you really going to nitpick about the colors? That's not different enough, Apple should definetely sue.
Looks completely different to me. ;)
How are they different? They are both round with a 3D look and have a triangle with the same alignment and angles in the middle. They even perform the same function, to start playback of media content. Are you really going to nitpick about the colors? That's not different enough, Apple should definetely sue.
Brien
Mar 16, 11:16 PM
Wow, things sure are crazy. Good luck to those who still need one. I was kicking myself for ordering after it had slipped to 2 weeks, but now that it's at 5 weeks I feel a bit better. :D
ROFL! No one in their right mind is going to swap an AT&T for a Verizon model when the GSM models are in such short supply.
Also, though I know none of them read Macrumors, I'd like to sneak a moment of catharsis by sending out a big karmic f_ck you to all the scalpers who stood in line on Friday and bought out all the GSM models to ship and sell them overseas.
Anyway, off to order my GSM version online, and then to enjoy my Verizon white 32GB at work while I'm not drafting contracts & wills.
Yeah. That seems to be the case across the country. Makes you wonder what percentage of iPads left the country on Friday...
ROFL! No one in their right mind is going to swap an AT&T for a Verizon model when the GSM models are in such short supply.
Also, though I know none of them read Macrumors, I'd like to sneak a moment of catharsis by sending out a big karmic f_ck you to all the scalpers who stood in line on Friday and bought out all the GSM models to ship and sell them overseas.
Anyway, off to order my GSM version online, and then to enjoy my Verizon white 32GB at work while I'm not drafting contracts & wills.
Yeah. That seems to be the case across the country. Makes you wonder what percentage of iPads left the country on Friday...

atari1356
Oct 24, 07:45 AM
From the press release:
"up to 39 percent faster than the previous 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro"
Really? I'd like to see those benchmarks... nice that they finally added FW800 back into the 15" model.
"up to 39 percent faster than the previous 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro"
Really? I'd like to see those benchmarks... nice that they finally added FW800 back into the 15" model.
lshaner
Apr 26, 12:32 PM
Whoever has been saying that any of the future Mobile Me + Cloud stuff would be free is probably just projecting wishful thinking anyway.
Apple's Cloud is a natural extension of Mobile Me, but I don't have any fantasies that any of it will be free -- and as an Apple Stockholder, I would be upset if Apple was spending all that money "out of the goodness of their hearts" ... they need to continue to GROW and that means the costs should not only be recovered, but would hopefully be a source of at least a little margin.
Apple's Cloud is a natural extension of Mobile Me, but I don't have any fantasies that any of it will be free -- and as an Apple Stockholder, I would be upset if Apple was spending all that money "out of the goodness of their hearts" ... they need to continue to GROW and that means the costs should not only be recovered, but would hopefully be a source of at least a little margin.
SiliconAddict
Jul 21, 11:53 AM
Yah know the interesting thing? Until now you had to compare Apple against the entire industry. e.g. Apple vs. (Dell+gateway+Sony+HP+Toshiba+Comcrap+Alienware+Falcon Computers+etx.)
Now that Apple can run Windows Oranges to oranges can be compared. Until you start talking about OS's in which case you are back to talking Apples to Oranges.
Apple migration to Intel has created a disturbance in the force.
PS- I do Dell warrantee work. I can't tell you how many people cock there head when I pull out my MBP to look at laptop pull apart manuals. And even more who start asking questions when they see I'm running Windows. Heheh. I feel like PT Barnum. :)
is this 4.8% for the quarter or 4.8% total market share? if the former, nice, but no big deal; if the latter then very big deal.
I don't even need to look at the article to know its total. Apple doesn't have the manufacturing and distribution channels to increase their market share by 4% in a quarter. Hell I don't think Dell has that kind of force either.
Now that Apple can run Windows Oranges to oranges can be compared. Until you start talking about OS's in which case you are back to talking Apples to Oranges.
Apple migration to Intel has created a disturbance in the force.
PS- I do Dell warrantee work. I can't tell you how many people cock there head when I pull out my MBP to look at laptop pull apart manuals. And even more who start asking questions when they see I'm running Windows. Heheh. I feel like PT Barnum. :)
is this 4.8% for the quarter or 4.8% total market share? if the former, nice, but no big deal; if the latter then very big deal.
I don't even need to look at the article to know its total. Apple doesn't have the manufacturing and distribution channels to increase their market share by 4% in a quarter. Hell I don't think Dell has that kind of force either.
Patriks7
Apr 2, 03:42 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/5579935080_db002ab73f_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/patriksvitek/5579935080/)
cmaier
Apr 21, 10:53 PM
How so? (not saying you're wrong, I'm genuinely curious)
Several reasons. It's very fast - Mannheim is about a year, and Dusseldorf about two. You can't raise invalidity of the patent as a defense. You have to very early in the case explain your theory of non-infringement, etc. The system works very differently than the U.S.
Several reasons. It's very fast - Mannheim is about a year, and Dusseldorf about two. You can't raise invalidity of the patent as a defense. You have to very early in the case explain your theory of non-infringement, etc. The system works very differently than the U.S.
chrismacguy
Nov 4, 06:10 PM
More RAM for my Mac Pro as well as 2 * 500GB HDDs to fill up some of its internal bays, as well as a Snowboarder and just to keep my vintage Mac collection going, Id love a PowerMac G5 with a nice 22/23" ADC Cinema Display... (this also includes my 18th Birthday presents since Im at Uni, so wont be getting my presents for a little while)
There ya go, theres my Christmas Wishlist.
There ya go, theres my Christmas Wishlist.
WhiteShadow
Aug 15, 10:16 PM
top secret can also mean surprise. they didn't show us all the things they mentioned are improved.
Edmoil12
Apr 21, 08:29 PM
If you're alluding to the theory that Apple took it out to 'differentiate' it from the macbook pro's, I still don't get that concept.
I mean, if you want to differentiate your higher end products from the lower end ones, you ADD features to the higher end one. You DON'T remove features that were once standard for years on the lower end machine.
***It's like if Ford all the sudden removed air conditioning on all but their high end cars - saying that's a 'luxary' feature for their high end vehicles. We'd ALL cry BULL.....!!! Same thing has happened with the MBA.
I definitely disagree with you there. Many companies will remove features to differentiate their product lineups, and provide an incentive to buy high end products. Think Intel, could add hyperthreading and turbo boost to every processor they make for a relatively small cost, but they don't and disable features so they can market you an i7 or i5 instead of a 'lowly' i3. Think auto makers, many will offer a bigger engine along with many low cost trim upgrades as a 'sport' package. They could include all of those minor upgrades in the lower models, but they don't because it creates a stronger incentive to pay for an upgrade.
With Apple, the biggest reason the macbook air doesn't have a backlit keyboard or 4GB of ram is to save costs to keep their margins up. Also it creates an incentive for people to buy a more expensive macbook pro, or pay $100 extra for the 4GB of ram. Plus, it gives them another selling feature if they decide to bring it back later. Remember when apple removed the buttons from the iPod shuffle, only to promote how great they are when they brought them back?
If apple thinks that the savings they get by removing the backlit keyboard are greater than the lost customers/profits from removing it, then they are better off.
I mean, if you want to differentiate your higher end products from the lower end ones, you ADD features to the higher end one. You DON'T remove features that were once standard for years on the lower end machine.
***It's like if Ford all the sudden removed air conditioning on all but their high end cars - saying that's a 'luxary' feature for their high end vehicles. We'd ALL cry BULL.....!!! Same thing has happened with the MBA.
I definitely disagree with you there. Many companies will remove features to differentiate their product lineups, and provide an incentive to buy high end products. Think Intel, could add hyperthreading and turbo boost to every processor they make for a relatively small cost, but they don't and disable features so they can market you an i7 or i5 instead of a 'lowly' i3. Think auto makers, many will offer a bigger engine along with many low cost trim upgrades as a 'sport' package. They could include all of those minor upgrades in the lower models, but they don't because it creates a stronger incentive to pay for an upgrade.
With Apple, the biggest reason the macbook air doesn't have a backlit keyboard or 4GB of ram is to save costs to keep their margins up. Also it creates an incentive for people to buy a more expensive macbook pro, or pay $100 extra for the 4GB of ram. Plus, it gives them another selling feature if they decide to bring it back later. Remember when apple removed the buttons from the iPod shuffle, only to promote how great they are when they brought them back?
If apple thinks that the savings they get by removing the backlit keyboard are greater than the lost customers/profits from removing it, then they are better off.
jav6454
Apr 26, 11:17 PM
I'll make the assumption that I'm going to lose the vote so I'll get some last analysis in while I can.
Make note of the people who voted for me.
Jav - Still not sure if he voted for me to silence me or because he was still mad at me for the last game. He is acting (voting) the same way he did last game.
Based on the above info, UCF is the best probability of getting a WW tomorrow. If UCF is a WW, then it's most likely that either Nies or Eldiablojoe is the other one.
Hardly voting same way as last time. Also, I'm voting against you for previously stated reasons. When the game started I got my PM which was also sent to you. Because of that (me wanting to feel special it was a unique own PM) I vote for you this game.
However people didn't get the joke. As per silencing you, meh... Could care less since I am no wolf, not that I can prove that in any way or form.
Make note of the people who voted for me.
Jav - Still not sure if he voted for me to silence me or because he was still mad at me for the last game. He is acting (voting) the same way he did last game.
Based on the above info, UCF is the best probability of getting a WW tomorrow. If UCF is a WW, then it's most likely that either Nies or Eldiablojoe is the other one.
Hardly voting same way as last time. Also, I'm voting against you for previously stated reasons. When the game started I got my PM which was also sent to you. Because of that (me wanting to feel special it was a unique own PM) I vote for you this game.
However people didn't get the joke. As per silencing you, meh... Could care less since I am no wolf, not that I can prove that in any way or form.
SeanZy
Mar 16, 11:09 AM
I just posted this so if no one has a trade for me I may do it.
Check with me later
You live around Brea I assume?
I could ask him if he may be willing to pay a premium. Nothing too much but possibly. I know I would but I cannot speak on his behalf. But I guarantee you he would buy it from you today.
if you dont mind messaging me your phone # and I can give you his / mine as well.
Check with me later
You live around Brea I assume?
I could ask him if he may be willing to pay a premium. Nothing too much but possibly. I know I would but I cannot speak on his behalf. But I guarantee you he would buy it from you today.
if you dont mind messaging me your phone # and I can give you his / mine as well.
whooleytoo
Jul 25, 11:10 AM
But I think the biggest advantage is that it would be very very simple to adjust the interface to dial phonenumbers, type text messages, and so on. In other words: the iPhone would be within handreach, and it would not require dozens of buttons added to interface (eg via a dock connector like the FM radio) I believe this was planned for 2006
Very interesting, I hadn't considered this. It would still obviously lack tactile feedback, but then again the buttons on my current phone are so tiny they're not the easiest to use either.
Very interesting, I hadn't considered this. It would still obviously lack tactile feedback, but then again the buttons on my current phone are so tiny they're not the easiest to use either.

Lesser Evets
May 4, 06:47 AM
I wonder if the iPhone and iPod will all release together in Aug-Oct every year. Makes sense since the iPod Touch, the major iPod, is just a castrated iPhone, so to speak.
nies
Apr 27, 08:20 PM
im gonna follow with ucfgrad and throw -aggie- out there
Mystikal
Mar 14, 01:51 AM
At 10:30 this morning Bristol had a few white Verizon pads and a few black 16GB WiFi pads. Neither was what I was looking for. I went to MV, Spectrum, Fashion Isalnd, called Brea and Cerritos - all sold out. I am going back to Bristol for opening time tomorrow.
--Sean
Bristol Apple store? Ill be going to Best Buy (Tustin / the District / Costa Mesa, either of those) to reserve an iPad tomorrow. If they happen to have one, ill get a black 16gb WiFi. Ill probably call each store before I go though. Either way, Ill have one by the end of the week it seems.
And if that doesnt work, Ill try the Apple stores (Irvine and Fashion Island and South Coast.)
Then if I am totally empty handed Ill just expand outside of the OC if I have to.
--Sean
Bristol Apple store? Ill be going to Best Buy (Tustin / the District / Costa Mesa, either of those) to reserve an iPad tomorrow. If they happen to have one, ill get a black 16gb WiFi. Ill probably call each store before I go though. Either way, Ill have one by the end of the week it seems.
And if that doesnt work, Ill try the Apple stores (Irvine and Fashion Island and South Coast.)
Then if I am totally empty handed Ill just expand outside of the OC if I have to.
martingc
Apr 14, 01:46 PM
Why did you buy XCode, all you needed to have done was go to developers.apple.com and sign up for a free Dev account, once there, just download the older version (3.2.5) and install. The older version works fine and will enable the Gestures.
Yes I do have Xcode installed and also I hace an Apple dev account, but I've had it for long and gestures were not enabled on the previous updates to my iPad. If nobody else can confirm gestures on their iPads then what you say might be the case, but I still cant understand why they were not enabled on the previous updates.
Yes I do have Xcode installed and also I hace an Apple dev account, but I've had it for long and gestures were not enabled on the previous updates to my iPad. If nobody else can confirm gestures on their iPads then what you say might be the case, but I still cant understand why they were not enabled on the previous updates.

jaigo
Oct 24, 09:13 AM
I could care less about playing games on my mbp, so the videocard is MORE than enough for my needs. Playing a FPS on a notebook = :confused:
heisetax
Jul 10, 10:34 AM
Lets hope it doesnt end up costing as much as MS Office....:eek:
At $79 a year it will probably be 5 years before the program moves to a commonly useful level where it may have the ability to replace MS Office. The very casual Word Processor user will not have to wait very long, maybe Pages 3 or Pages 4. With the 5 X $79 = $395 we move into the price range of the non-educational price of MS Office. But for the heavy Office user, 5 years may not be long enough.
Apple would used to calculate the Real Total Cost of Ownership for Macs. They would include after purchase service & support costs. We need to do the same for iWork. iWork is not a simple $79 program useless you wait for the version you want, purchase it & then add no updates that have a purchase price. If you want a slimmed down program purchase now, but have few features to give few benefits. If you want a more complete program just wait for the 5th or 6th upgrade. But this way you have no program to use for another 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years. Anything else requires multiplying the $79 by by a 2, 4, 5 or even larger number to get the true cost of iWork.
Bill the TaxMan
At $79 a year it will probably be 5 years before the program moves to a commonly useful level where it may have the ability to replace MS Office. The very casual Word Processor user will not have to wait very long, maybe Pages 3 or Pages 4. With the 5 X $79 = $395 we move into the price range of the non-educational price of MS Office. But for the heavy Office user, 5 years may not be long enough.
Apple would used to calculate the Real Total Cost of Ownership for Macs. They would include after purchase service & support costs. We need to do the same for iWork. iWork is not a simple $79 program useless you wait for the version you want, purchase it & then add no updates that have a purchase price. If you want a slimmed down program purchase now, but have few features to give few benefits. If you want a more complete program just wait for the 5th or 6th upgrade. But this way you have no program to use for another 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years. Anything else requires multiplying the $79 by by a 2, 4, 5 or even larger number to get the true cost of iWork.
Bill the TaxMan
blackburn
Apr 22, 06:21 AM
3.. 2.. 1.. FIGHT (ding ding)
We are buying apple products and or samsung products so they can toss the money in lawyers instead of r&d. Somebody really toke the Gene Simmons approach: "Make sure there are no incursions. Be litigious. Sue everybody. Take their homes, their cars. Don't let anybody cross that line.".
We are buying apple products and or samsung products so they can toss the money in lawyers instead of r&d. Somebody really toke the Gene Simmons approach: "Make sure there are no incursions. Be litigious. Sue everybody. Take their homes, their cars. Don't let anybody cross that line.".
SkippyThorson
Apr 13, 03:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
Will it be a cinema display with receiver?
That's absolute rubbish. How could you ever make a statement like that?
OBVIOUSLY, it'll be a cinema display, with a built in AppleTV and receiver. :)
Seriously, this is the one Apple product I'd have no interest in. I've always been an advocate of "Why get a good monitor when you can hook up to a nicer HD TV"... but... Apple would easily make this a 2 grand adventure which I would never drop my money on.
Will it be a cinema display with receiver?
That's absolute rubbish. How could you ever make a statement like that?
OBVIOUSLY, it'll be a cinema display, with a built in AppleTV and receiver. :)
Seriously, this is the one Apple product I'd have no interest in. I've always been an advocate of "Why get a good monitor when you can hook up to a nicer HD TV"... but... Apple would easily make this a 2 grand adventure which I would never drop my money on.
SchneiderMan
Sep 15, 09:14 PM
Iv'e had both good and bad luck with Hitachi, Seagate and WD. Currently installing the Seagate Momentus XT 500GB drive :D So far it's silent! All my Hitachi's have been clicking. Although last year I purchased a Seagate drive and it clicked very badly so..
lordonuthin
Oct 28, 06:24 PM
Nice. Those amd machines add up since you have so many. How do you deal with heat?
The heat is an issue, for now I can open windows and use fans but by next summer I will have to do something about it. I'm actually contemplating cutting a hole in the basement floor (concrete) and digging down several feet to place a tubing coil that could be used to cool the cpu's directly with water blocks. That would require a manifold to distribute the coolant to all of the cpu's and possibly gpu's. That might be cheaper electric wise but would take money and time to implement. Wait a sec, I just realized I already have a hole in the floor for the sump, hmmmm. Anyway I have some time to contemplate the possibilities, and I can do all of the work myself. I know some folks in the heating/cooling business that could help design a system so I will maybe talk with them at some point. Another possibility is a small window ac just for the computer room or moving everything to the basement where it is cooler anyway... but damp in the spring. Lots of possibilities - Google is my friend :D
The heat is an issue, for now I can open windows and use fans but by next summer I will have to do something about it. I'm actually contemplating cutting a hole in the basement floor (concrete) and digging down several feet to place a tubing coil that could be used to cool the cpu's directly with water blocks. That would require a manifold to distribute the coolant to all of the cpu's and possibly gpu's. That might be cheaper electric wise but would take money and time to implement. Wait a sec, I just realized I already have a hole in the floor for the sump, hmmmm. Anyway I have some time to contemplate the possibilities, and I can do all of the work myself. I know some folks in the heating/cooling business that could help design a system so I will maybe talk with them at some point. Another possibility is a small window ac just for the computer room or moving everything to the basement where it is cooler anyway... but damp in the spring. Lots of possibilities - Google is my friend :D
No comments:
Post a Comment