roadbloc
Apr 22, 07:16 AM
Record-breaking quarters and the position as the trend-setter in consumer tech.
These legal skirmishes haven't and won't result in any major untoward changes to Apple products. We all know this already.
Are you seriously suggesting that Apple is beyond the law because of record breaking quarters? :rolleyes:
These legal skirmishes haven't and won't result in any major untoward changes to Apple products. We all know this already.
Are you seriously suggesting that Apple is beyond the law because of record breaking quarters? :rolleyes:
eddx
Jul 24, 02:24 PM
How much do you think this will cost? I would love to get one for my new laptop but I think it could be priced a little too high for a lot of us.
Good news, long time coming! lol
Good news, long time coming! lol
*LTD*
Apr 14, 06:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
You guys don't have one?
I've been tweeting from my ix.Mac.MarketingName 4 for months
You win the thread. ;)
You guys don't have one?
I've been tweeting from my ix.Mac.MarketingName 4 for months
You win the thread. ;)
andrewsd
Apr 22, 09:48 AM
That's completely fine with me. LTE speeds aren't really LTE speeds anyway. Even Verizon which does have the fastest LTE falls short of at least 50% of the actual LTE speeds. It's all false advertising anyway :)

Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez

gomez,justin bieber a

Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez

Bieber and Gomez were seen

Selena Gomez Bashes Justin

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez

when did justin bieber and

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez

Justin said that Selena Gomez

Would Justin Bieber Date Miley

Justin Bieber Selena Gomez

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez

Justin Bieber has broken a

Selena Joins Justin for his
Stella
Jul 21, 11:32 AM
Pure sobbery, and imo, its ugly.
If joe pc-user becomes joe mac-user, then macs wont be fun anymore :(
It's hard to be an elitist mac user if you're no longer in the minority...
If joe pc-user becomes joe mac-user, then macs wont be fun anymore :(
It's hard to be an elitist mac user if you're no longer in the minority...
bigjnyc
Apr 12, 11:21 AM
The iPhone 4 will be a year and a few months old by September. I guess Apple can afford to wait simply because the iPhone brand has a good deal of market power, but it's still strange because their competition will be head over heels ahead of them. I hope iOS 5 is out before fall.
Thats a good point, with the Android platform releasing a new phone every 3 days on every network and with every phone manufacturer possible, This doesnt really make good business sense for Apple.
Thats a good point, with the Android platform releasing a new phone every 3 days on every network and with every phone manufacturer possible, This doesnt really make good business sense for Apple.
Devie
May 3, 08:34 AM
Awesome upgrade, glad to see they're hitting up the GPU for once.
But now my iMac is out dated, which obviously means its useless.
Now Apple, please upgrade the Mac Mini Server, with thunderbolt.
But now my iMac is out dated, which obviously means its useless.
Now Apple, please upgrade the Mac Mini Server, with thunderbolt.
TimeArrow
Apr 14, 01:22 PM
Can anyone else confirm this? How about on iPad?
Doubt it. If the 4-finger gesture is enabled in 4.3.2, apple cant wait to announce it.
Doubt it. If the 4-finger gesture is enabled in 4.3.2, apple cant wait to announce it.
Randyrat
Apr 25, 08:20 PM
Getting my first Mac with this refresh! Saved enough several months ago, but kept an eye on the buyers guide on this forum. Hopefully my wait will have been worth it!
LightSpeed1
Apr 28, 09:06 PM
As time moves forward, well start to see a lot of this.
Mystikal
Mar 15, 08:33 AM
Line at the Spectrum is now at about 20 people.
Fashion Island slowly growing. If you're thinking of coming down you may as well. Were friendly :).
Fashion Island slowly growing. If you're thinking of coming down you may as well. Were friendly :).
astewart
Nov 5, 12:50 AM
The "Install VMWare Tools" botton is miss labled. It does not install them. What it does is replace your CDROM with an image file. Try thse steps:
1) click "Install VMWare Tools"
2) Go inside your guest OS and look at the CDROM drive.
3) From Inside the OS install what you find on the CDROM.
4) Re-boot the guest OS.
Thanks Chris,
What the problem was is that I had installed WindowsXP from and .iso image, so after the installation and everything was up and running, the D Drive "D:\" was still that .iso. I had to change the D drive to the actual DVD-ROM and the restart. Once that was done I had no problems installing the VMWare Tools.
:o
1) click "Install VMWare Tools"
2) Go inside your guest OS and look at the CDROM drive.
3) From Inside the OS install what you find on the CDROM.
4) Re-boot the guest OS.
Thanks Chris,
What the problem was is that I had installed WindowsXP from and .iso image, so after the installation and everything was up and running, the D Drive "D:\" was still that .iso. I had to change the D drive to the actual DVD-ROM and the restart. Once that was done I had no problems installing the VMWare Tools.
:o
Happybunny
Oct 21, 08:00 AM
Here in the Netherlands we have Sinterklaas, he comes to us first by steamship, and then on a white horse. It is that important that the TV shows him arriving direct, plus tens of thousands are on the quayside. I hope to be there this year in Harderwijk on the 13th November with my grand children.
Gifts are given on the 5th December
I forgot to say what I want the Sinterklaas to bring me, Well Hayden Panettiere baby oil and a large bed::p
Gifts are given on the 5th December
I forgot to say what I want the Sinterklaas to bring me, Well Hayden Panettiere baby oil and a large bed::p
lazyrighteye
Oct 24, 08:55 AM
What are peeps' opinion on the screen options?
I have never used glossy. Looks alright, in person. Not sure how it would be for everyday use tho...
Otherwise, nice update.
I have never used glossy. Looks alright, in person. Not sure how it would be for everyday use tho...
Otherwise, nice update.
hulugu
Dec 1, 03:37 PM
So many Mac users are completely ignorant and oblivious to the fact that their Mac is, contrary to popular belief, not that secure in some respects. Many Mac zealots and apologists will tout how bullet-proof OS X is, how it's nothing like Windows, how it's amazingly secure - well, it isn't in some cases.
Yep, Artie MacStrawman (http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/?p=664), I hate that guy.
Apple's response is, I think, much more important than the MOKB finding a handful of vulnerabilities in OSX, if they address the problem quickly and respond accordingly with a good Security Update, than I think we can still be relatively assured that OSX is safe. We'll also have to see how quickly various black-hats respond to Vista.
Yep, Artie MacStrawman (http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/?p=664), I hate that guy.
Apple's response is, I think, much more important than the MOKB finding a handful of vulnerabilities in OSX, if they address the problem quickly and respond accordingly with a good Security Update, than I think we can still be relatively assured that OSX is safe. We'll also have to see how quickly various black-hats respond to Vista.
MacQuest
Oct 18, 06:34 PM
As always, the iPod is Apple's real cash cow.
Too bad for those of us who wish they would divert a little more of their attention to their computer line..
Yeah. Gawd knows Apple hasn't done a thing with it's Mac line-up this year. :rolleyes:
Wow, amazing how emotional people always get whenever I make a statement that could sound slightly anti-iPod... I know you love your iPod and all (I am very fond of mine myself), but over the last few years Apple has been focusing a dispropotional amount of energy into their cute little gadget which has massively boosted their profits. For those of us that don't salivate over all things iPod, I think this is too bad.
That is all.
Do you even understand yourself?
You're first comment was more anti-Mac than anti-iPod.
Count the amount of things Apple has done to it's Mac line-up this year compared to it's iPod line-up, and then come back and tell us that Apple hasn't focused on it's computers this year WAY more than the iPod line-up.
Think before you post.
Es todo.
Too bad for those of us who wish they would divert a little more of their attention to their computer line..
Yeah. Gawd knows Apple hasn't done a thing with it's Mac line-up this year. :rolleyes:
Wow, amazing how emotional people always get whenever I make a statement that could sound slightly anti-iPod... I know you love your iPod and all (I am very fond of mine myself), but over the last few years Apple has been focusing a dispropotional amount of energy into their cute little gadget which has massively boosted their profits. For those of us that don't salivate over all things iPod, I think this is too bad.
That is all.
Do you even understand yourself?
You're first comment was more anti-Mac than anti-iPod.
Count the amount of things Apple has done to it's Mac line-up this year compared to it's iPod line-up, and then come back and tell us that Apple hasn't focused on it's computers this year WAY more than the iPod line-up.
Think before you post.
Es todo.
dornoforpyros
Jul 24, 11:43 PM
pfft, I don't wanna hover my fingers above the iPod...I wanna use my brain!
JRM PowerPod
Jul 11, 08:19 PM
If Microsoft try to undercut the iPod in price. Steve will get revenge. He will start bundling all new macs with his pirated version of Windows XP Pro and Office Pro. hehe cop that Bill
SuperCachetes
Dec 31, 10:48 PM
...God, not religion...
I'll be honest: I don't know what the heck that even means.
...I read every post and I understood them all...
No. You didn't. I am not judging her, and there are many here who aren't. I merely want all people to be accountable for their impact on society. For example, you are probably more healthy than I am. That's awesome. I truly hope you have the ability to pay lower insurance premiums than me. Why would I begrudge you that - I outweigh you by 50 lbs, and smoked for 25 years. But I'll tell you one thing - I run 15 miles a week now, trying to reclaim every last smidgen of lung capacity I can find. And, I've dropped 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks. And all just because I know I should. Think of how great it would be if there was financial incentive, to boot!
...my argument is not that she isn't a liability. It's that no one here has a right to decide where the line is between what lifestyle is so selfish that it is your personal concern.
Please stop assuming there is a "line." It can be a sliding scale. "Healthiness" can be measured with a variety of metrics (BMI, blood pressure, blood chemistry, etc) and there is no reason that numbers compared to numbers have to be judgmental. It doesn't have to be "healthy" vs. "unhealthy." That said, countless government agencies and private groups have decided what qualifies as "obese." The info is out there. People blow it off because there are no repercussions, no liability one way or the other.
I would argue that accepting a lifestyle that has a much higher likelihood of illness or death doesn't necessarily mean mental illness. What about adventure seekers? Is climbing Everest a sign of mental illness? The likelihood of dying is high, and honestly, some would say that you have to be crazy to do it, but people still praise the behavior, and don't label the person with a mental illness.
Agreed.
Guys, it really is possible that she just LOVES food. I've met people like that. They are great chefs and are very over weight because they love food. Not because they have some kind of mental deficiency.
I really LOVE alcohol. I have been known to drink three bottles of wine, a half-bottle of whiskey, or a twelve-pack of beer in an evening. I don't do it to get drunk, I just really like the stuff. Are you cool with chipping in for my liver transplant? :cool:
I'll be honest: I don't know what the heck that even means.
...I read every post and I understood them all...
No. You didn't. I am not judging her, and there are many here who aren't. I merely want all people to be accountable for their impact on society. For example, you are probably more healthy than I am. That's awesome. I truly hope you have the ability to pay lower insurance premiums than me. Why would I begrudge you that - I outweigh you by 50 lbs, and smoked for 25 years. But I'll tell you one thing - I run 15 miles a week now, trying to reclaim every last smidgen of lung capacity I can find. And, I've dropped 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks. And all just because I know I should. Think of how great it would be if there was financial incentive, to boot!
...my argument is not that she isn't a liability. It's that no one here has a right to decide where the line is between what lifestyle is so selfish that it is your personal concern.
Please stop assuming there is a "line." It can be a sliding scale. "Healthiness" can be measured with a variety of metrics (BMI, blood pressure, blood chemistry, etc) and there is no reason that numbers compared to numbers have to be judgmental. It doesn't have to be "healthy" vs. "unhealthy." That said, countless government agencies and private groups have decided what qualifies as "obese." The info is out there. People blow it off because there are no repercussions, no liability one way or the other.
I would argue that accepting a lifestyle that has a much higher likelihood of illness or death doesn't necessarily mean mental illness. What about adventure seekers? Is climbing Everest a sign of mental illness? The likelihood of dying is high, and honestly, some would say that you have to be crazy to do it, but people still praise the behavior, and don't label the person with a mental illness.
Agreed.
Guys, it really is possible that she just LOVES food. I've met people like that. They are great chefs and are very over weight because they love food. Not because they have some kind of mental deficiency.
I really LOVE alcohol. I have been known to drink three bottles of wine, a half-bottle of whiskey, or a twelve-pack of beer in an evening. I don't do it to get drunk, I just really like the stuff. Are you cool with chipping in for my liver transplant? :cool:
chrmjenkins
Apr 26, 05:53 PM
AT&T's HSPA+ can pull down 21 MB theoretically. 4x faster than HSPA 7.2.
The theoretical never actually happen though. That's why I'd take a superior network standard with a lower frequency, and thus better building penetration, any day.
The theoretical never actually happen though. That's why I'd take a superior network standard with a lower frequency, and thus better building penetration, any day.
SiliconAddict
Nov 5, 12:56 AM
So let me get this straight: You keep reinstalling the demo of Parallels, thereby ripping off the company and not supporting it to make it the best product it can be and keep the company in business, and then you have the gall to come out in public and say as such, and then on top of that you have the even greater gall to say it sucks?
Oh yeah, your opinions mean a lot to us now, that's for sure.
Not.
I'll reiterate: something is wrong with your computer, and now I can see why.
bb
No I've been waiting for VM to get their butt in gear to launch Workstation. Parallels was simply a work around, a crappy one at that, until I could get VMWare. There is simply no way in heck I'm spending $80 on a piece of software that can crash my system. And before someone tells me to use Bootcamp. Yah right. Advanced Power Management does not work right under Bootcamp even with the latest version. When Parallels starts making a product that
1. Doesn't crash\freeze my system
2. Doesn't require me to force quite the application once every couple of weeks because the progress bar when I'm suspending a session has stalled.
3. Doesn't have sharing between folders that takes a good 5 seconds to parse the files and doesn't drop a file mapping in your file explorer.
4. Doesn't have the world's crappiest networking passthrough. I can't count how many times I've gone from one network to another to another and had it get confused telling me I might have limited network connectivity. So I need to repair the connection.
Parallels sucks but until now its been the only REAL game in town. Boo hoo I'm not paying for an app that IMHO is half baked to begin with. :rolleyes: At least I'm not outright going in search of a seral number and pirating the thing. Again its a tide me over until VM gets their butt in gear and releases this thing.
Oh yeah, your opinions mean a lot to us now, that's for sure.
Not.
I'll reiterate: something is wrong with your computer, and now I can see why.
bb
No I've been waiting for VM to get their butt in gear to launch Workstation. Parallels was simply a work around, a crappy one at that, until I could get VMWare. There is simply no way in heck I'm spending $80 on a piece of software that can crash my system. And before someone tells me to use Bootcamp. Yah right. Advanced Power Management does not work right under Bootcamp even with the latest version. When Parallels starts making a product that
1. Doesn't crash\freeze my system
2. Doesn't require me to force quite the application once every couple of weeks because the progress bar when I'm suspending a session has stalled.
3. Doesn't have sharing between folders that takes a good 5 seconds to parse the files and doesn't drop a file mapping in your file explorer.
4. Doesn't have the world's crappiest networking passthrough. I can't count how many times I've gone from one network to another to another and had it get confused telling me I might have limited network connectivity. So I need to repair the connection.
Parallels sucks but until now its been the only REAL game in town. Boo hoo I'm not paying for an app that IMHO is half baked to begin with. :rolleyes: At least I'm not outright going in search of a seral number and pirating the thing. Again its a tide me over until VM gets their butt in gear and releases this thing.
Reach9
May 2, 12:50 AM
Nah - probably in Heaven with his 70 virgins on the magic mother-of-pearl bed where not even the angels can see what he's doing...
I thought it was 72? :eek: i wonder if he has insurance there.
I thought it was 72? :eek: i wonder if he has insurance there.
Intell
Apr 26, 04:26 PM
chrmjenkis awoke with a start. A foul stench filled his nose. He looked around at something that was akin to garbage compactor 3263827. Sadly it was lacking Lois dressed as a princess. "What is that smell?" he asked appleguy312. Appleguy213 was walking around flipped switches and spinning a wheel. "What you smell is the fetid remains of the wolves past destructions. Quickly, grab your towel."
"Blah Blah Blah Blah!!!" announced a local PA system speaker. "What did they say?" asked a confused chrmjenkins.
"Come here." said appleguy123 as he grabbed chrmjenkins head and proceeded to cram a German speaking fish into his ear. Instantly the "blahs" became words. "There are intruders in the wash room!" the voice said. At which point a bunch of wolves ran in a took appleguy321 and chrmjenkins to the bridge.
"Welcome, I'm captain Bicardi and I'm going to play you some flute music." He then proceeded to play Queen. appleguy132, having no desire to hear such a multination of good music, broke free of the double sided sticky tape holding him down and tackled the Number 2 Worf. Plutonius, the only human on the bridge, stepped forward to detain appleguy231. But instead he got a swift punt to the head and stopped living.
chrmjenkins and appleguy321 both where gassed and removed from the bridge.
Plutonius was just a villager. Specials send me your PMs. You have 24 hours. If I get all PMs before 24 hours, the night will be cut short.
"Blah Blah Blah Blah!!!" announced a local PA system speaker. "What did they say?" asked a confused chrmjenkins.
"Come here." said appleguy123 as he grabbed chrmjenkins head and proceeded to cram a German speaking fish into his ear. Instantly the "blahs" became words. "There are intruders in the wash room!" the voice said. At which point a bunch of wolves ran in a took appleguy321 and chrmjenkins to the bridge.
"Welcome, I'm captain Bicardi and I'm going to play you some flute music." He then proceeded to play Queen. appleguy132, having no desire to hear such a multination of good music, broke free of the double sided sticky tape holding him down and tackled the Number 2 Worf. Plutonius, the only human on the bridge, stepped forward to detain appleguy231. But instead he got a swift punt to the head and stopped living.
chrmjenkins and appleguy321 both where gassed and removed from the bridge.
Plutonius was just a villager. Specials send me your PMs. You have 24 hours. If I get all PMs before 24 hours, the night will be cut short.
Moonjumper
Apr 14, 11:04 AM
It has gone now, but I found it interesting that it was listing this for my Universal iOS game TiltStorm. It has touch and accelerometer control options, so it wouldn't be suitable as is for a touch control Mac. It is also a portrait orientated game, so isn't going to fill a widescreen monitor.
I think there will be much tighter iOS - OS X integration with Lion. I wonder if it will mean it can run iOS apps, possibly in a virtual environment, with an iOS device acting as the controller. All it would need is an Apple app on the device. The Mac sends the screen image to the device so that you can see where to touch, etc. And gets the control inputs in return.
There would be several benefits. You can run the app at a larger size on the Mac screen. Older devices could possibly run apps at full speed as the bulk of the work is offloaded to the Mac. And you could access all apps in your App Store library while in wi-fi range.
I think there will be much tighter iOS - OS X integration with Lion. I wonder if it will mean it can run iOS apps, possibly in a virtual environment, with an iOS device acting as the controller. All it would need is an Apple app on the device. The Mac sends the screen image to the device so that you can see where to touch, etc. And gets the control inputs in return.
There would be several benefits. You can run the app at a larger size on the Mac screen. Older devices could possibly run apps at full speed as the bulk of the work is offloaded to the Mac. And you could access all apps in your App Store library while in wi-fi range.
No comments:
Post a Comment