interconnect
Mar 31, 06:36 PM
I hope to GOD this doesn't actually make it to the final product. This is so unbelievably ugly I can't even take it. One of the reasons I love OS X is because of how cohesive it is. Most of the apps follow the interface guidelines which makes it feel unified and not the cobbled together mess that is Windows. To me, this just looks cheesy. It works for iOS but not for the Mac imo.
MacProCpo
Nov 24, 10:31 PM
By "small render farm", I mean small! It's made up of 6 Dell GX270, running P4 2.4ghz single core, with my MP as the Que controller (Ubuntu via Parallels). But they should working out pretty good for continuous folding for the time being. I'm building 5 dual processor, dual core Xeon servers (all 2.66ghz) to replace the Dells but that won't happen until the end of December (i'm getting ready to move from Japan back to the States in two weeks and I have most of my stuff packed up). Once I get settled back in the States and have the new servers running, I should be able to commit some good firepower towards the team effort.
know-it-all5
Jul 11, 04:00 PM
In all seriousness the photo shown looks like a microsoft type design. the truth is as much as i love all the ipods, apple is a little behind. there are loads of companies with products out there that out do the apple ipod gen5.
If you look at the photo of the microsoft player you can see that there are many companies that have come up with stuff almost identical. look at the creative zen for example. they are really similar in design.
I'd say to all the companies "watch out for apple", because apple mmust have something big up their sleeve to compete in the longrun. A good track record won't save apple forever.
I want to add that i love my mini, my nano, and i intend to buy a next gen video when it comes out.
These comments are all proving one thing... Windows is bearly competing with the companies that are barely competing with apple. Apple will blow everyone away with upcoming ipods! YOU ALL JUST WAIT! IT WILL BE AMAZING!!!!!
If you look at the photo of the microsoft player you can see that there are many companies that have come up with stuff almost identical. look at the creative zen for example. they are really similar in design.
I'd say to all the companies "watch out for apple", because apple mmust have something big up their sleeve to compete in the longrun. A good track record won't save apple forever.
I want to add that i love my mini, my nano, and i intend to buy a next gen video when it comes out.
These comments are all proving one thing... Windows is bearly competing with the companies that are barely competing with apple. Apple will blow everyone away with upcoming ipods! YOU ALL JUST WAIT! IT WILL BE AMAZING!!!!!
Sounds Good
Apr 21, 01:44 PM
According to CNET, the new Air will be released around June with a Sandy Bridge ULV Core i5 2537M chip 1.4 GHz that can turbo to 2.3 GHz. So for .17 GHz upgrade we are sacrificing around 30% graphic power?
Which would be better for video editing -- the current MBA or the upcoming Sandy Bridge MBA? (just family videos, nothing hardcore)
Which would be better for video editing -- the current MBA or the upcoming Sandy Bridge MBA? (just family videos, nothing hardcore)
maclaptop
Apr 22, 09:37 AM
QImage (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/17/southpark_scientology.jpg)
Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Steve Jobs at their finest.
Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Steve Jobs at their finest.
whooleytoo
Apr 13, 02:24 PM
Not a single analyst has explained WHY this would be better for Apple than simply selling more Apple TVs. They just say it like it makes sense and expect us to believe them.
I'm sorry, but that's not good enough.
WHY would Apple want to take on shipments of large, expensive packages?
WHY would Apple want to limit their market for a new product to people who want an entirely new TV?
WHY do you think Apple cares more about what logo is on the back of the TV that by what software is showing up on the screen?
And WHY isn't the Apple TV good enough for the goal of getting the iOS and iTunes worlds into the living room?
I think the changes to the latest Apple TV is a sign of where Apple wants to be headed. The next Apple TV will be even smaller and come free when you buy a Mac, iPad, or iPhone. Wait and see! Just like giving e-mail away helps Google's ecosystem, so does getting Apple TVs into people's houses help Apple's ecosystem.
Selling some $2,000 TV doesn't help with that.
I'd agree that it doesn't make much sense. But that doesn't mean I think Apple will never do it! Apple (i.e. Jobs?) are obsessed with controlling the entire user-experience, and as such might love to add their own HDTV to complete the solution.
There's a lot of potential to add a lot more integration between TV and Mac/PC. Typically this has just been "PC as a video/audio source for the TV", but you could add on-screen notifications/messages even while watching other sources (such as cable), far better TV-based browsers, faster & better looking TV-guides etc.
Yes there is a lot of competition out there, but Apple are quite good at taking on a "commodity" low-margin market and adding value to it and thriving. And I'd love to see the design they come up with.
I'm sorry, but that's not good enough.
WHY would Apple want to take on shipments of large, expensive packages?
WHY would Apple want to limit their market for a new product to people who want an entirely new TV?
WHY do you think Apple cares more about what logo is on the back of the TV that by what software is showing up on the screen?
And WHY isn't the Apple TV good enough for the goal of getting the iOS and iTunes worlds into the living room?
I think the changes to the latest Apple TV is a sign of where Apple wants to be headed. The next Apple TV will be even smaller and come free when you buy a Mac, iPad, or iPhone. Wait and see! Just like giving e-mail away helps Google's ecosystem, so does getting Apple TVs into people's houses help Apple's ecosystem.
Selling some $2,000 TV doesn't help with that.
I'd agree that it doesn't make much sense. But that doesn't mean I think Apple will never do it! Apple (i.e. Jobs?) are obsessed with controlling the entire user-experience, and as such might love to add their own HDTV to complete the solution.
There's a lot of potential to add a lot more integration between TV and Mac/PC. Typically this has just been "PC as a video/audio source for the TV", but you could add on-screen notifications/messages even while watching other sources (such as cable), far better TV-based browsers, faster & better looking TV-guides etc.
Yes there is a lot of competition out there, but Apple are quite good at taking on a "commodity" low-margin market and adding value to it and thriving. And I'd love to see the design they come up with.
StealthGhost
Mar 17, 12:50 AM
Was at Brea this morning and it was pretty good. They received about 50 or so iPads with a lot of 16GB Black Wifi. I'd recommend getting there no later than 5:30 if you want to be in the top 15. First person in line arrived at 4:30 today. Insane.
Also, last word of advice on Brea, make sure you get INTO the mall. Find an employee entrance to enter through. The line starts AT THE APPLE STORE! Not outside the mall. Good luck.
Lastly, don't plan on picking one up at Best Buy. There is a huge list to get them already and Best Buy will not have inventory for quite some time.
Ouch that is early. I could probably make it an hour before they open but not 5 lol. Don't know if it would even be worth it at that point. Maybe a week from now?
Also, last word of advice on Brea, make sure you get INTO the mall. Find an employee entrance to enter through. The line starts AT THE APPLE STORE! Not outside the mall. Good luck.
Lastly, don't plan on picking one up at Best Buy. There is a huge list to get them already and Best Buy will not have inventory for quite some time.
Ouch that is early. I could probably make it an hour before they open but not 5 lol. Don't know if it would even be worth it at that point. Maybe a week from now?
barkomatic
Apr 11, 01:07 PM
Good sign, maybe I'll be able to buy a consumer external hard drive with Thunderbolt by fall.

weckart
Apr 14, 01:20 PM
Another pointless 666MB download for probably less than 1MB of actual update. Can Apple learn to patch its products more efficiently?
robeddie
Apr 22, 07:00 AM
Wow, are you this much of a jerk in person?
Absolutely! But only when it's warranted.
Absolutely! But only when it's warranted.
eljanitor
Mar 3, 07:44 PM
Sure we are all making jokes about Sheen and his antics. Lets not forget 2 other notable comedians that were huge drug users that showed warning signs, Chris Farley and John Belushi. Sheen is in huge denial and will most likely kill himself at some point.
It's really just sad that he's doing this, and that nobody is trying to stop him, from self destructing. Regardless of what he says or does and how comical all of this may seem to the whole world it's really a terrible thing to watch.
He's completely lost his mind and his kids now. The longer he keeps this up the more he may loose. If this was your best friend or a good family member you would try to stop them from doing this and get them the help they need.
Anyone else who did something like this would end up in jail, or a mental ward and would never work again. He's put many people out of work, and he thinks that he deserves to get paid for all the episodes he's not going to make? His justifications for wanting money are obviously for his expensive drug habit, and lifestyle.
We've lost many good actors and entertainers to drugs and to overindulgence. Not to mention this is what we're bombarded with on a daily basis in music videos, and pop TV. This is the end result of that party lifestyle. It's sad to see, and it's just not funny. I feel really bad for him.
It would be nice if his family would round him up and get him some help before something truly terrible happens.
It's really just sad that he's doing this, and that nobody is trying to stop him, from self destructing. Regardless of what he says or does and how comical all of this may seem to the whole world it's really a terrible thing to watch.
He's completely lost his mind and his kids now. The longer he keeps this up the more he may loose. If this was your best friend or a good family member you would try to stop them from doing this and get them the help they need.
Anyone else who did something like this would end up in jail, or a mental ward and would never work again. He's put many people out of work, and he thinks that he deserves to get paid for all the episodes he's not going to make? His justifications for wanting money are obviously for his expensive drug habit, and lifestyle.
We've lost many good actors and entertainers to drugs and to overindulgence. Not to mention this is what we're bombarded with on a daily basis in music videos, and pop TV. This is the end result of that party lifestyle. It's sad to see, and it's just not funny. I feel really bad for him.
It would be nice if his family would round him up and get him some help before something truly terrible happens.
3rd Doctor
Mar 31, 12:23 PM
April fools...
macrumormonger
Apr 9, 03:13 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5029/5601830981_e99a6b6cb8_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dailymatador/5601830981/in/set-72157626333628501)
Camera Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 35 mm
ISO Speed 100
Camera Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1600)
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 35 mm
ISO Speed 100
redAPPLE
Dec 29, 02:56 PM
Indeed...
http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/donna-simpson.jpg
i hear a chair screaming for help.
http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/donna-simpson.jpg
i hear a chair screaming for help.
MrCrowbar
Jul 24, 08:44 PM
Sounds cool to me. I guess all those people worried about fungerprints on the potencially touch screen iPod are psyched about this. So it is a touchscrenn you don't actually touch? This could really work out if done right. I wonder if you can still control your iPod in your pocked without having to look at it though... the iPod remote will come in handy if not :)
TimUSCA
Apr 13, 03:21 PM
Id love to see a new standard for "HD". 1440p would be nice...but current media would have to catch up. That said, I dont think Apple could make a cost effective television. Sorry, but theyd sell a 42inch TV for 2000.000 easy.
The reason the cinema display is so expensive is due to the insanely high pixel density and it being LED backlit. It's max resolution is 2560 by 1440.
An Apple Television would only need to be 1080 across and LCD/Plasma.
HUGE difference in price.
The reason the cinema display is so expensive is due to the insanely high pixel density and it being LED backlit. It's max resolution is 2560 by 1440.
An Apple Television would only need to be 1080 across and LCD/Plasma.
HUGE difference in price.
xbuddycorex
Apr 22, 06:15 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
I love it, don't know how I feel about a chrome back though.
I love it, don't know how I feel about a chrome back though.
dethmaShine
Apr 12, 10:27 AM
The 2 things that convinced me:
1) The use of 'and...and...and' a lot. Stammering: A hallmark of sarcasm.
2) He then responded to one of my comments with a very thoughtful post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12377088&postcount=26). Hardly the type of thing and actual Android-Troll would write.
I was pretty sure based on #1 (do people really not know the stammering thing? I guess not!), but #2 was enough to make me certain.
:D
Cheers.
1) The use of 'and...and...and' a lot. Stammering: A hallmark of sarcasm.
2) He then responded to one of my comments with a very thoughtful post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12377088&postcount=26). Hardly the type of thing and actual Android-Troll would write.
I was pretty sure based on #1 (do people really not know the stammering thing? I guess not!), but #2 was enough to make me certain.
:D
Cheers.
pmd
May 2, 08:50 PM
[SIZE=1]
Also iMacs are still shipping in 24hrs on the apple website, a good sign that the new iMacs are not coming just yet.
Well, that could be interpreted as:
If you order an iMac now, it will ship tomorrow. It just might be a newer model than the one you were expecting! :D
Also iMacs are still shipping in 24hrs on the apple website, a good sign that the new iMacs are not coming just yet.
Well, that could be interpreted as:
If you order an iMac now, it will ship tomorrow. It just might be a newer model than the one you were expecting! :D
southernpaws
Apr 22, 02:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
skunk
Apr 24, 07:17 PM
anyone born with a penisHow about someone with a penis and breasts?
Btrthnezr3
Jan 26, 10:27 AM
http://www.subway.co.uk/userfiles/menu/chicken-tikka_8ce5.jpg
Oh gawd...that looks awesome! Yummy!
Oh gawd...that looks awesome! Yummy!
JohnK.O
Jul 24, 03:21 PM
well this is lovely news, but will the new MM solve the continuously gunked up scroll ball??
xPismo
Nov 3, 10:47 AM
<Darth Vader voice> Impressive.... </voice>
Great to see another virtual machine app for osx/intel. I can't wait to get my hands on one and try all this new fun stuff out! I feel so left out.
...i'd install avid in parallels. ... more features quicker.
OMG! Avid in a virtual machine? I doubt, and I know I'm old and cranky, that Avid will ever work convincingly in a VM environment. Bootcamp hopefully one day.
Great to see another virtual machine app for osx/intel. I can't wait to get my hands on one and try all this new fun stuff out! I feel so left out.
...i'd install avid in parallels. ... more features quicker.
OMG! Avid in a virtual machine? I doubt, and I know I'm old and cranky, that Avid will ever work convincingly in a VM environment. Bootcamp hopefully one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment