Dr.Gargoyle
Jul 28, 08:15 AM
This news will hopefully inspire Apple to make the next generation iPods even more amazing. However, I don't see MS as the biggest threat to the iPod. I am much more concerned about mp3 cellphones with 4Gb flash (see e.g. SonyEricsson).
Apple needs come up with a revolutionary device that integrates an iPod with a cellphone and possibly even a GPS, in order to keep their mp3 marketshare.
Apple needs come up with a revolutionary device that integrates an iPod with a cellphone and possibly even a GPS, in order to keep their mp3 marketshare.
odedia
Jul 25, 01:30 AM
Laser tracking is excellent. I use the Logitech MX1000 and it's perfect.
However, the real problem with the mighty mouse is not the technology, it's the materials. The plastic is too "sticky" to work with, so when moving the mouse the feeling is not smooth. They should change the substances to allow a better flow of the mouse on a given surface.
However, the real problem with the mighty mouse is not the technology, it's the materials. The plastic is too "sticky" to work with, so when moving the mouse the feeling is not smooth. They should change the substances to allow a better flow of the mouse on a given surface.
MacFly123
Sep 29, 11:54 PM
ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC AT&T!!! :eek: :rolleyes:
deloreanz
Mar 16, 09:57 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
About 40 in line now at SCP.
About 40 in line now at SCP.
acidfast7
Oct 31, 11:30 AM
Either...
This (http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Manhattan-Office-Espresso-High-back-Chair/4015748/product.html?rcmndsrc=2):
http://kttns.org/ogrmy
or
This (http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Manhattan-Espresso-Office-Chair/3097391/product.html?rcmndsrc=2):
http://kttns.org/nwvl
Which one is better?
Nothing else really.
Why don't you pick up the real Eames Aluminum Management chair?
I bought one for the office and it's extremely nice and comfortable. It's def a show-stopper when people enter.
This (http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Manhattan-Office-Espresso-High-back-Chair/4015748/product.html?rcmndsrc=2):
http://kttns.org/ogrmy
or
This (http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Manhattan-Espresso-Office-Chair/3097391/product.html?rcmndsrc=2):
http://kttns.org/nwvl
Which one is better?
Nothing else really.
Why don't you pick up the real Eames Aluminum Management chair?
I bought one for the office and it's extremely nice and comfortable. It's def a show-stopper when people enter.
wyatt23
Aug 15, 04:27 PM
i think everything about the leopard looks amazing. i cannot wait for someone to waste a few hundred on vista super duper ultimate media server edition. and os x will still be the next best thing
odedia
Jul 10, 01:46 PM
Maybe they'll even offer ground-breaking features like bi-directional text editing :rolleyes:
Seriously, if Apple wants to compete in the word processing field, they need to start addressing people around the world, not just those who they consider guranteed target audience.
Seriously, if Apple wants to compete in the word processing field, they need to start addressing people around the world, not just those who they consider guranteed target audience.
Doylem
Apr 11, 02:43 PM
The Duddon Valley, this afternoon...
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6042/daleend.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6042/daleend.jpg
KnightWRX
Apr 22, 11:38 AM
Bash is under the GPL license - not GNU. Never has been GNU see source link -> http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-106/
BTW - No part of MacOSX is distributed under GNU licensing...
Uh ? GNU is a project, not a license. GNU stands for GNU's Not Unix. It includes things like the GNU Libc, Bash, Emacs, a full OpenSTEP implementation known as GNUStep and various fileutils. It also includes licensing, like the GPL for instance.
This GNU project that includes amongst many things Bash and the GPL license were launched by the Free Software Foundation and Richard M. Stallman as part of the man's vision of software freedom.
Don't correct me if you aren't at least going to provide factual and true information. Again, I know what I meant and I know this stuff as I've been dabbling in it for the last 12 years if not more.
Here are some links you might find interesting if you really want to learn about this stuff, none of these will be on Apple.com (please don't use Apple.com to prove points about Free Software) :
GNU GPL : http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
List of GNU projects : http://directory.fsf.org/GNU/ (notice Bash)
An explanation of the GNU project : http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu.html
So to correct your post which attempted to correct mine : Bash is a GNU sub-project that is licensed under the GPL. Thank you, I knew all of that already. And technically, you're quite wrong, every GPL package that Apple ships is under GNU licensing since the GPL is a GNU project license.
BTW - No part of MacOSX is distributed under GNU licensing...
Uh ? GNU is a project, not a license. GNU stands for GNU's Not Unix. It includes things like the GNU Libc, Bash, Emacs, a full OpenSTEP implementation known as GNUStep and various fileutils. It also includes licensing, like the GPL for instance.
This GNU project that includes amongst many things Bash and the GPL license were launched by the Free Software Foundation and Richard M. Stallman as part of the man's vision of software freedom.
Don't correct me if you aren't at least going to provide factual and true information. Again, I know what I meant and I know this stuff as I've been dabbling in it for the last 12 years if not more.
Here are some links you might find interesting if you really want to learn about this stuff, none of these will be on Apple.com (please don't use Apple.com to prove points about Free Software) :
GNU GPL : http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
List of GNU projects : http://directory.fsf.org/GNU/ (notice Bash)
An explanation of the GNU project : http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu.html
So to correct your post which attempted to correct mine : Bash is a GNU sub-project that is licensed under the GPL. Thank you, I knew all of that already. And technically, you're quite wrong, every GPL package that Apple ships is under GNU licensing since the GPL is a GNU project license.

Extremus
May 3, 03:42 AM
Will the iMacs be released in all countries at the same time? I live in the Netherlands but I don't know wether to expect an iMac update this week or not.
I don't want to wait! Want to buy one nowwwwww!!:D
I don't want to wait! Want to buy one nowwwwww!!:D
Michaelgtrusa
Apr 21, 11:06 PM
Really?

bretm
Jun 6, 11:28 PM
There should be notification of the time limit you have when using the iTunes store app without having to enter your password, but I'm very sure it's not long though... Maybe if he had just an iPod this wouldn't have happened. Too many overly techy kids these days anyway.....
Perhaps she should lock her phone and this wouldn't be an issue. Mine is set to 1 min I think.
Perhaps she should lock her phone and this wouldn't be an issue. Mine is set to 1 min I think.
dethmaShine
Apr 17, 08:24 AM
Trackpads and touch screens are quite different input devices. Touch screen input requires that you actually "touch" what you want to manipulate. With a trackpad, you don't have quite the precision to precisely put your finger on an object on screen, since the object is not displayed on the track pad.
It just doesn't translate that well. Trackpads still very much require cursors, which iOS's UI lacks.
Then all you need is a cursor overlay; just how you operate in an iOS simulator.
It just doesn't translate that well. Trackpads still very much require cursors, which iOS's UI lacks.
Then all you need is a cursor overlay; just how you operate in an iOS simulator.
dgree03
Apr 28, 12:04 PM
Why do you keep comparing a single phone model to an entire platform used on 20 some devices?
Oh... that's right... it's all you can hang your hat on. Sorry... let's talk pummeled or badly beaten when any single Android phone outsells the iPhone.
Question should be, why does it matter how many android devices there are? There is still a one to one relationship, one customer buys-one device. Its android smartphones vs Apple Smartphones.
Oh... that's right... it's all you can hang your hat on. Sorry... let's talk pummeled or badly beaten when any single Android phone outsells the iPhone.
Question should be, why does it matter how many android devices there are? There is still a one to one relationship, one customer buys-one device. Its android smartphones vs Apple Smartphones.
Full of Win
Apr 24, 03:43 PM
Yeah... and based on sales, not surveys, the iPhone sure is hurting now given it just had it's best sales quarter ever. :rolleyes:
Win... why don't you get it? There is the iPhone and then there is everything else. Android is a good smart phone OS... IMO, the best alternative to the iPhone. But the reality is, people buy an iPhone because they want an iPhone. People buy an Android based phone because they want a phone and it's on sale this week.
Android is not going to slaughter the iPhone. It's a huge market out there and there will always be multiple alternatives for the OS's. If anything, the companies with the most worries are RIM and Microsoft. They continue to loose market share like crazy to Apple and Android based phones.
But please... If you want to fantasias about Android OS phones taking over the world, I'm sure there more people like you over on the Android forums that also have this twisted view. Besides, why does the iPhone worry you so much? It's great that it's there and it's great the Android is there too. The competition is making both solutions better.
There is a difference between sales and market share. Without a doubt, part of the appeal of android is cost - it's just cheaper to buy. However, it's not as simple as you suggest
People buy an Android based phone because they want a phone and it's on sale this week
Some people buy it so they can have a larger screen, some because they want a keyboard, some because they have specific hardware needs (e.g. The US Army), some because they do not want to live under of the heel of Steve Jobs twisted moral code. I could go on, but it's become the proverbial dead horse. Sure, Android has pitfalls in that it can run almost anything, but I would rather have the freedom to make a bad app choice than to live in the walled garden that iOS is becoming.
In short, the freedom to make choices, even bad ones, is superior to being spoon fed like a baby as Apple tends to do.
Win... why don't you get it? There is the iPhone and then there is everything else. Android is a good smart phone OS... IMO, the best alternative to the iPhone. But the reality is, people buy an iPhone because they want an iPhone. People buy an Android based phone because they want a phone and it's on sale this week.
Android is not going to slaughter the iPhone. It's a huge market out there and there will always be multiple alternatives for the OS's. If anything, the companies with the most worries are RIM and Microsoft. They continue to loose market share like crazy to Apple and Android based phones.
But please... If you want to fantasias about Android OS phones taking over the world, I'm sure there more people like you over on the Android forums that also have this twisted view. Besides, why does the iPhone worry you so much? It's great that it's there and it's great the Android is there too. The competition is making both solutions better.
There is a difference between sales and market share. Without a doubt, part of the appeal of android is cost - it's just cheaper to buy. However, it's not as simple as you suggest
People buy an Android based phone because they want a phone and it's on sale this week
Some people buy it so they can have a larger screen, some because they want a keyboard, some because they have specific hardware needs (e.g. The US Army), some because they do not want to live under of the heel of Steve Jobs twisted moral code. I could go on, but it's become the proverbial dead horse. Sure, Android has pitfalls in that it can run almost anything, but I would rather have the freedom to make a bad app choice than to live in the walled garden that iOS is becoming.
In short, the freedom to make choices, even bad ones, is superior to being spoon fed like a baby as Apple tends to do.
CFreymarc
Apr 1, 11:40 AM
Sold out in 8 hours??? What on earth is this? A Hannah Montana concert? Dang it, I was gonna go too :cool:
I doubt if Hannah Montana could fit this in her schedule. The sexual frustration of the audience she would feel going on stage at WWDC would keep her from singing.
I doubt if Hannah Montana could fit this in her schedule. The sexual frustration of the audience she would feel going on stage at WWDC would keep her from singing.
stroked
Apr 24, 06:15 PM
I understand from the news coverage that they attacked her after she used the woman's restroom.
Her transgender nature, and their reaction to that was absolutely central to this crime. If that isn't a hate crime, I don't know what is.
I wouldn't want that person in the same bathroom with my daughter.
Her transgender nature, and their reaction to that was absolutely central to this crime. If that isn't a hate crime, I don't know what is.
I wouldn't want that person in the same bathroom with my daughter.
FireStar
Nov 5, 08:18 AM
REALLY, need some jeans...
http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/1926984_1926998_523-4691_Rotor_jpg.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp
Ooh, and this shirt.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/mens/graphictees/nature/PRD~673469/Helix+Eagle+Tee.jsp
http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/1926984_1926998_523-4691_Rotor_jpg.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp
Ooh, and this shirt.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/mens/graphictees/nature/PRD~673469/Helix+Eagle+Tee.jsp
kryten3000
May 1, 10:58 PM
Am i the only who cannot access ANY video of the speech?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04a3trBs6Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04a3trBs6Y
CubusX
Sep 30, 02:35 PM
What happened to AT&T's campaign of "AT&T has the fewest dropped calls"??
False Advertising? I think so.
False Advertising? I think so.
kernkraft
Jun 6, 01:10 PM
$1000 worth of a beating he'd get if i were his parent. Luckily for kids, i hate them and would never have one. Ever.
Luckily for you, your parents didn't share your sentiment.
Luckily for you, your parents didn't share your sentiment.
supafly1703
Jul 28, 10:13 AM
I wonder if they have appropriated another $4 BILLION to blow in an effort to overtake a market leader a la XBox...
PBG4 Dude
Apr 22, 04:15 PM
That's gonna be sweet if apple comes out with that.
samcolak
Apr 22, 11:49 AM
I didn't read any Wikis. None of my links are to wikis. And again, you're wrong. GPL is a license. GNU is a project. The Foundation behind this project is the FSF, the Free Software Foundation.
The guy you quoted was me. You didn't correct me at all, you posted a ton of wrong information.
And licensing terminology ? I didn't even get it wrong. I said Bash was part of the GNU project, you said "No, Bash isn't GNU, it's GPL", which is both very wrong and quite misunderstands the terminology used by the FSF.
Look, you were wrong, drop it, you're only digging yourself deeper into your hole here.
Go look at Apple source repository for OSX 10.6 -> http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-106/ - states GPL LICENSE -> i said License -> GNU evolved into a foundation -> started off as a project.
Enjoy your day & easter ;)
The guy you quoted was me. You didn't correct me at all, you posted a ton of wrong information.
And licensing terminology ? I didn't even get it wrong. I said Bash was part of the GNU project, you said "No, Bash isn't GNU, it's GPL", which is both very wrong and quite misunderstands the terminology used by the FSF.
Look, you were wrong, drop it, you're only digging yourself deeper into your hole here.
Go look at Apple source repository for OSX 10.6 -> http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-106/ - states GPL LICENSE -> i said License -> GNU evolved into a foundation -> started off as a project.
Enjoy your day & easter ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment