
cmaier
Apr 22, 01:52 PM
So we agree that their lawsuit isn't "a specific claim against a specific model". ;)
No. They made specific claims against specific models. It's just that a few of the claims are against lines of products. But others are much more specific.
No. They made specific claims against specific models. It's just that a few of the claims are against lines of products. But others are much more specific.

G4DP
Apr 13, 02:49 PM
Agreed.
Why would anybody with limited know how about TV manufacturing go into that field?
USING somebody elses TV to display whatever makes much more sense.
I could see them coming in with a blockbuster smart projector device.
Now we are talking:-)
I mean they knew everything about Flash based music players and the mobile phone market didn't they?
They won't do it because the competition wouldn't give them scree at a decent rate. LG, or Sony are hardly going to turn around and give them screens at a rate which would mean competition to their own products.
Why would anybody with limited know how about TV manufacturing go into that field?
USING somebody elses TV to display whatever makes much more sense.
I could see them coming in with a blockbuster smart projector device.
Now we are talking:-)
I mean they knew everything about Flash based music players and the mobile phone market didn't they?
They won't do it because the competition wouldn't give them scree at a decent rate. LG, or Sony are hardly going to turn around and give them screens at a rate which would mean competition to their own products.

seanpholman
Mar 15, 10:12 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
Apparently South Coast Plaza is selling none today
Still waiting here at Fashion Island - crossing fingers!
How do you know? I don't want to waste a trip.
--Sean
Apparently South Coast Plaza is selling none today
Still waiting here at Fashion Island - crossing fingers!
How do you know? I don't want to waste a trip.
--Sean
maclaptop
Apr 22, 09:26 AM
QImage (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/17/southpark_scientology.jpg)
Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Steve Jobs at their finest.
Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Steve Jobs at their finest.
trainguy77
Oct 16, 03:26 PM
I wonder if I could get the GPU client running on my mac via darwine. Some people pulled it off with linux.

Otaillon
Feb 1, 03:05 PM
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgeoP-k35AfbketsLRQsd2k9X2rHC20RbodiSxMwlszwSc-odckPb8JLgWBsdEaLk-RZ4WrAV9lUilMdRx8vYcr-b_ayvvwh4U7hi9Tfo9pFHOvMoNa2vvbGKdLAT_5yAJgmsaicZN7DkA/s640/Black-Ops-First-Strike-Zombie-Ascension-Poster-570x693%20copy.jpg
lbro
Apr 18, 01:28 AM
Okay I'll play.
-aggie-
Apr 30, 10:14 PM
Which is why the real party begins after we know you are gone. When the kids are away, the adults will play. ;)
Lap dances FTW.
Lap dances FTW.

lordonuthin
Oct 20, 10:06 PM
Someone claim the got 43 mins frame time on the biadv with a core i860 and Linux, same CPU as the higher end iMac. That is the same as my 3Ghz 8 core Mac Pro. You think it is possible?
I think they were dreaming;) my i7 920 with ubuntu does normal frames in about 6 minutes, I think, I'm at work now so not absolutely sure but in that range. The mp is running normal frames at about 2 minutes.
I think they were dreaming;) my i7 920 with ubuntu does normal frames in about 6 minutes, I think, I'm at work now so not absolutely sure but in that range. The mp is running normal frames at about 2 minutes.

joshuarayer
Apr 15, 03:47 PM
Well Apple has used up all the "big cat" names like Tiger and Lion which means that either OS 11 is underway or they will be in the embarassing situation of having to use lesser cat names which imply "less".
Ocelot, Cheetah, Cougar, Fluffy, etc......:cool:
I for one am ready for OS 11.0 "Merlot"
They still have Tigon and Liger
Ocelot, Cheetah, Cougar, Fluffy, etc......:cool:
I for one am ready for OS 11.0 "Merlot"
They still have Tigon and Liger
addicted44
Apr 22, 04:25 PM
My favorite iPhone design was the first one. Bring back the aluminum and rounded sides. It's not comfortable to hold this iPhone 4 brick!
Currently using the original iPhone (don't ask...I lost an iPhone 4, and a 3GS, and thought it better to wait till iPhone 5 before springing a decent sum of money for a new one), the aluminum looks seriously dated.
Although, maybe it will look a lot sweeter if they made it iPod Touch thin...
Currently using the original iPhone (don't ask...I lost an iPhone 4, and a 3GS, and thought it better to wait till iPhone 5 before springing a decent sum of money for a new one), the aluminum looks seriously dated.
Although, maybe it will look a lot sweeter if they made it iPod Touch thin...
Xavier
Oct 23, 11:45 AM
What is this thing?
Its a bicycle roller, used like this:
http://citybicycleworks.com/images/library/site/calender_mar9_rollers_m.jpg
for training
Its a bicycle roller, used like this:
http://citybicycleworks.com/images/library/site/calender_mar9_rollers_m.jpg
for training

SilianRail
Apr 11, 01:30 PM
Are there any hard drives that can even unleash 1.25 GBps? :)
appleguy123
May 1, 09:15 PM
You mean I'm going to be killed off because the rest of the players are a bunch of deadbeats? Man, that sucks.:mad:
At least you'll set a record at your lynching...
At least you'll set a record at your lynching...

d_and_n5000
Jul 22, 10:00 AM
Few years? How about next month or TOMORROW?! :p
Maybe I was a bit conservative;)This time next year. I'm just saying not too fast becuase bad things happen when companies grow too fast. Can't keep up with demand, can't keep up with expansion, can't keep up with worker volume. Grow gradually, and Apple will have time to adjust to all of these.
Trust me, its for the better to just take it slow.
Maybe I was a bit conservative;)This time next year. I'm just saying not too fast becuase bad things happen when companies grow too fast. Can't keep up with demand, can't keep up with expansion, can't keep up with worker volume. Grow gradually, and Apple will have time to adjust to all of these.
Trust me, its for the better to just take it slow.

sparkomatic
Mar 11, 11:41 PM
The ballooning lines sucks. It happened at the Spectrum too. We were talking about how the line was getting wider the closer it got to 5pm. Obviously many people holding a place for others. It sucks but that's the way these things go.
It's interesting as it seems like the common theme here is that there weren't enough of the at&t models to go around. Someone in our line said that a local at&t store only had 10 iPads in stock for the line.
Pre-orders Apple! Pre-orders!
It's interesting as it seems like the common theme here is that there weren't enough of the at&t models to go around. Someone in our line said that a local at&t store only had 10 iPads in stock for the line.
Pre-orders Apple! Pre-orders!
CalBoy
Jan 26, 01:22 AM
The ticker is AAPL, and it's traded on Nasdaq, not NYSE.
Actually Nasdaq is an index, not a trading cite. The NYSE is an exchange (much like one we'd find in London, Tokyo, etc). What Apple is not listed under is the Dow 30 (commonly referred to only as "the Dow" or "Dow Jones Industrial Average"), which lists the 30 largest companies of the US based on industry and importance (current ones include WalMart, GE, CitiGroup, etc).
Actually Nasdaq is an index, not a trading cite. The NYSE is an exchange (much like one we'd find in London, Tokyo, etc). What Apple is not listed under is the Dow 30 (commonly referred to only as "the Dow" or "Dow Jones Industrial Average"), which lists the 30 largest companies of the US based on industry and importance (current ones include WalMart, GE, CitiGroup, etc).
bedifferent
Apr 15, 10:40 PM
Snow Lion? :rolleyes:
Funny fact: All the OS X names match to German tanks:
German tanks and OSX (http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-372797.html)
Apple Mac OS X Versions Named After German Tanks? (http://robertnyman.com/2009/09/02/apple-mac-os-x-versions-named-after-german-tanks/)
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
Tank: Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer Gepard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer_Gepard) (Gepard in German means Cheetah in English)
Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
Tank: Sd.Kfz. 234/2 “Puma” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Panzersp�hwagen#Sd.Kfz._234.2F2_.22Puma.22)
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Tanks: Jaguar 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_1) and Jaguar 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_2)
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
Tank: Panther (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank)
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Tanks: Tiger 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I) and Tiger 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II)
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Tanks: Leopard 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_1) and Leopard 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2)
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Haven’t found the corresponding tank yet, but I’m sure it exists…
Funny fact: All the OS X names match to German tanks:
German tanks and OSX (http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-372797.html)
Apple Mac OS X Versions Named After German Tanks? (http://robertnyman.com/2009/09/02/apple-mac-os-x-versions-named-after-german-tanks/)
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
Tank: Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer Gepard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer_Gepard) (Gepard in German means Cheetah in English)
Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
Tank: Sd.Kfz. 234/2 “Puma” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Panzersp�hwagen#Sd.Kfz._234.2F2_.22Puma.22)
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Tanks: Jaguar 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_1) and Jaguar 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_2)
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
Tank: Panther (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank)
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Tanks: Tiger 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I) and Tiger 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II)
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Tanks: Leopard 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_1) and Leopard 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2)
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Haven’t found the corresponding tank yet, but I’m sure it exists…
puma1552
Nov 15, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I don't get all the "OMG $250 on a jumper". Seriously, I assume you guys have never shopped in Burberry, Paul Smith, D&G etc...
That Panerai watch looks awesome.
:apple:
It's the fact that while well made, it's pretty much a waste of money because clothes are a consumable.
Unlike something like a nice watch that will last for years and years, a shirt loses it's form and fades a bit after 1-2 years, at which point it's pretty much junk.
That Panerai watch looks awesome.
:apple:
It's the fact that while well made, it's pretty much a waste of money because clothes are a consumable.
Unlike something like a nice watch that will last for years and years, a shirt loses it's form and fades a bit after 1-2 years, at which point it's pretty much junk.
firewood
Apr 23, 01:32 PM
Nope. I see every issue from the consumer perspective - as I should (being a consumer). Any other perspective would be an abomination (unless for those who hold tons of AAPL shares).
One only need to hold a few Apple shares for the value of those shares (or just the increase since the iPhone was introduced) to easily out-weigh the purchase price of most Apple products. Even a tiny percentage in some diversified fund in your or your parents 401K or IRA might add up to that.
As a consumer of a product for which I have additional expenses (for apps), I am concerned with the long term prospects of the company, so that that product will have long term support and a healthy upgrade path. Witness what happened to PalmPilots when the company couldn't keep up (all those PalmOS apps I purchased are now worthless).
One only need to hold a few Apple shares for the value of those shares (or just the increase since the iPhone was introduced) to easily out-weigh the purchase price of most Apple products. Even a tiny percentage in some diversified fund in your or your parents 401K or IRA might add up to that.
As a consumer of a product for which I have additional expenses (for apps), I am concerned with the long term prospects of the company, so that that product will have long term support and a healthy upgrade path. Witness what happened to PalmPilots when the company couldn't keep up (all those PalmOS apps I purchased are now worthless).
jav6454
Apr 29, 04:03 PM
At this point, most people would call an explanation necessary.
I don't have one at this point. Random people killed and so far only villagers dead. I have no idea on a wolf.
Now if that is suspicious to you, then go ahead and kill me. You'll be surprised at the result.
I don't have one at this point. Random people killed and so far only villagers dead. I have no idea on a wolf.
Now if that is suspicious to you, then go ahead and kill me. You'll be surprised at the result.
DRGN89
Apr 11, 01:40 PM
external GPU's!
gkarris
Mar 1, 10:12 AM
If this guy can generate that much viewership and money, it show you the state of television progamming... :eek:
840quadra
Dec 1, 02:42 PM
No one.. and stangely it's now ON by DEFAULT in all the MacTels I've received lately. No idea why.
I do, and so does anyone who has a classic environment of System 7 and earlier for classic compatibility reasons.
Granted you can use TCP/IP on some of these, however the reliability of such extensions on early versions of Classic leaves much to be desired. I however turn off Appletalk when I am away from my home network.
I do, and so does anyone who has a classic environment of System 7 and earlier for classic compatibility reasons.
Granted you can use TCP/IP on some of these, however the reliability of such extensions on early versions of Classic leaves much to be desired. I however turn off Appletalk when I am away from my home network.
No comments:
Post a Comment