iJays
May 4, 03:33 AM
double posting. sorry
Lixivial
Aug 15, 12:03 PM
Ahem... Time Machine!
I believe icerabbit was referring to a feature to restore an item to its original location once putting it in the trash. Windows has this feature in the recycle bin and it's a handy little feature.
This isn't to do with Time Machine as the user has not yet deleted the item from the Trash and the system.
I believe icerabbit was referring to a feature to restore an item to its original location once putting it in the trash. Windows has this feature in the recycle bin and it's a handy little feature.
This isn't to do with Time Machine as the user has not yet deleted the item from the Trash and the system.

MacNut
May 2, 02:25 AM
No way that's real.I don't see why not.
He was supposedly thrown overboard at sea.
He was supposedly thrown overboard at sea.
Eriden
Mar 16, 09:14 AM
Good luck to the SCP people.
Still waiting at Brea to find out if I'm the third biggest chump here for waking up as early as I did, or if I'm "winning" to plagiarise from Jedi-master Sheen
Still waiting at Brea to find out if I'm the third biggest chump here for waking up as early as I did, or if I'm "winning" to plagiarise from Jedi-master Sheen
witness
Nov 21, 03:27 AM
I am a VS2005 c# developer (Compact Framework) and in the process of switching to Mac.
I am currently working exclusivly on a Dell PC, and toying with the idea of throwing away that ugly piece of plastic, and getting a shiny new mac book pro.
Now here is the thing : how do i keep the great performance i currently have on my Dell ? (bootcamp is out of the question since I do not want to keep booting my machine to check emails etc...)
Will VMWare cut it ? I head some discussion on the poor performace Parallels has when it comes to disk access (compiling is disk intensive).
Any thoughts ? did any one here try it ?
I've been doing full time C# development on Intel Macs (iMac, MacBook and MacBook Pro) for about 6 months now. I use Parallels (only because vmware is not available yet) and have no performance problems. Visual studio is not graphically intensive, which is probably the only area where virtual environments suffer these days.
There are a few quirks that you'll have to work around, such as the F9-F12 keys being mapped in OS X, so if you use these keys for debugging then you'll probably want to remap them, but that's not a big deal, but generally the experience is very good. And of course you can tab between Windows and OS X so that you can have your email and other stuff where it works best and only development stuff in Windows.
I am currently working exclusivly on a Dell PC, and toying with the idea of throwing away that ugly piece of plastic, and getting a shiny new mac book pro.
Now here is the thing : how do i keep the great performance i currently have on my Dell ? (bootcamp is out of the question since I do not want to keep booting my machine to check emails etc...)
Will VMWare cut it ? I head some discussion on the poor performace Parallels has when it comes to disk access (compiling is disk intensive).
Any thoughts ? did any one here try it ?
I've been doing full time C# development on Intel Macs (iMac, MacBook and MacBook Pro) for about 6 months now. I use Parallels (only because vmware is not available yet) and have no performance problems. Visual studio is not graphically intensive, which is probably the only area where virtual environments suffer these days.
There are a few quirks that you'll have to work around, such as the F9-F12 keys being mapped in OS X, so if you use these keys for debugging then you'll probably want to remap them, but that's not a big deal, but generally the experience is very good. And of course you can tab between Windows and OS X so that you can have your email and other stuff where it works best and only development stuff in Windows.
appleguy123
Apr 28, 10:27 PM
Intell, why did you make me commit suicide? I was just starting to feel that my life was going somewhere... :(
Stella
Jul 28, 10:51 AM
If you hated DRM would you switch to a Zune? It is common sense. MS is doing the same thing that Apple is. And people already hate the iPod...
DRM is a evil necessity - and one that isn't going to go away - we must live with
I would be able to use more than one music store... and from my point of view - is a great benefit. If one music store doesn't have the music I want to buy - maybe another does?
( And please, don't tell me to burn -> rip - its slow and unconvenient )
DRM is a evil necessity - and one that isn't going to go away - we must live with
I would be able to use more than one music store... and from my point of view - is a great benefit. If one music store doesn't have the music I want to buy - maybe another does?
( And please, don't tell me to burn -> rip - its slow and unconvenient )

oldwatery
Apr 22, 04:18 PM
I'm confused :confused:
I thought the latest rumor was for the 5 to retain the form factor of the 4 with no redesign till the 6 next year.
I like what I see here and will definitely be a player for it when and if it materializes.
I don't like the 4's thick and heavy look at all so for me this is a step in the right direction.
I thought the latest rumor was for the 5 to retain the form factor of the 4 with no redesign till the 6 next year.
I like what I see here and will definitely be a player for it when and if it materializes.
I don't like the 4's thick and heavy look at all so for me this is a step in the right direction.
Macnoviz
Jul 12, 03:37 AM
I think Apple has most to fear from M$ in the price battle, an iPod copy that costs significantly less would probably catch on pretty fast, of course, the popularity of the iPod brand is still larger than XBox.
Although I doubt that the design will be quite as dull as that picture
I'm thinking it will be more organic, like the XBox 360, with some curved shapes maybe.
Although I doubt that the design will be quite as dull as that picture
I'm thinking it will be more organic, like the XBox 360, with some curved shapes maybe.
KoukiFC3S
Mar 16, 01:28 AM
Had no luck today. I'll be going back Thursday.

AppleScruff1
Apr 23, 12:18 PM
You're reaching pretty hard there. Apple makes consumer electronics that I enjoy using everyday. They're creating new markets and innovating existing ones. I don't understand how you can think that enjoying that is a bad thing.
I don't think that enjoying the products is a bad thing at all. I think I provide a good analogy. I never head a non investing bragging about how much money the electric company makes or how happy they were that their health insurance company had a record year. I just find it strange.
I don't think that enjoying the products is a bad thing at all. I think I provide a good analogy. I never head a non investing bragging about how much money the electric company makes or how happy they were that their health insurance company had a record year. I just find it strange.
bushido
Apr 12, 06:32 PM
I heard the iphone 5 is delayed because the HTC Sensation has sent Apple back to the drawing board.
lmao love it and so true + they need some time to spin the numbers in their favor for the keynote somehow
lmao love it and so true + they need some time to spin the numbers in their favor for the keynote somehow
ctdonath
Apr 13, 03:45 PM
It would sport of course Airplay and Retinal on a 60" model in other words 4K TV for the masses. :-P
This.
Think long and hard about whatever complaint/excuse people have about TVs. Think about whatever technical explanation is required for use.
Think about how to get rid of it.
Resolution, framerate, bit rate, and color depth so high the actual figures are irrelevant.
Wiring irrelevant (save only power). Either wireless, or "anything goes".
Effortless 3D (glasses-less, lenticular, and/or head tracking).
Minimal, intuitive interface (barely-there remote, or iPad like).
Not saying it would be all or any of these.
Saying it will be a "why didn't we think of, or do, that" obvious step.
And just insufficient enough to keep the haters happy.
This.
Think long and hard about whatever complaint/excuse people have about TVs. Think about whatever technical explanation is required for use.
Think about how to get rid of it.
Resolution, framerate, bit rate, and color depth so high the actual figures are irrelevant.
Wiring irrelevant (save only power). Either wireless, or "anything goes".
Effortless 3D (glasses-less, lenticular, and/or head tracking).
Minimal, intuitive interface (barely-there remote, or iPad like).
Not saying it would be all or any of these.
Saying it will be a "why didn't we think of, or do, that" obvious step.
And just insufficient enough to keep the haters happy.
maclaptop
Apr 28, 10:48 PM
Great pictures.
Proof positive that Apple did modify the phone but not the antenna. How do I know that?
Because you've all convinced me that Steve The Great, is never wrong.
Oh crap! Did I just say that? LOL
Proof positive that Apple did modify the phone but not the antenna. How do I know that?
Because you've all convinced me that Steve The Great, is never wrong.
Oh crap! Did I just say that? LOL
Mystikal
Mar 14, 12:42 PM
Hahaha so true. Though the Brea employees are all pretty cool, and helpful! At least that's been my experience. Much more so than the Boston store.
Has anyone reserved with BestBuy and got any notification. Also, excuse my laziness, but does anyone know if the BestBuy reservation system is transferable between stores? (I.e. I'm leaving back to Boston on Sunday and don't want to get screwed if I reserve out here. Again lazy I know :p)
I'm not sure. I'm going to be reserving at best buy in a few hours. If they have iPads, yay. If not at least I have $100 down.
Has anyone reserved with BestBuy and got any notification. Also, excuse my laziness, but does anyone know if the BestBuy reservation system is transferable between stores? (I.e. I'm leaving back to Boston on Sunday and don't want to get screwed if I reserve out here. Again lazy I know :p)
I'm not sure. I'm going to be reserving at best buy in a few hours. If they have iPads, yay. If not at least I have $100 down.
solvs
Jul 22, 12:37 AM
looks like he's love'n the bunny:D
No, that's this guy (http://www.lebonze.co.uk/playground/bunnylove.htm).
No, that's this guy (http://www.lebonze.co.uk/playground/bunnylove.htm).

MichalM.Mac
May 3, 08:12 AM
(Apple called it 5750) : 2010 iMac
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5850.23069.0.html
Vs.
2011 iMac
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6970M.43077.0.html
Interesting :-)
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5850.23069.0.html
Vs.
2011 iMac
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6970M.43077.0.html
Interesting :-)
AppleScruff1
Apr 28, 02:49 PM
Actually it is because a 2 year old iPhone is better than any Android device out there.
We all know the iPhone 4 is streets ahead of any other smartphone, but the 3GS provides a superior experience as well. It is not about spec sheets, it is about performance, software, reliability and the rest.
Only in the minds of the mindless.
We all know the iPhone 4 is streets ahead of any other smartphone, but the 3GS provides a superior experience as well. It is not about spec sheets, it is about performance, software, reliability and the rest.
Only in the minds of the mindless.
Spyriadon
Apr 24, 07:14 PM
Id love to know why this is page one....
briankeith513
Apr 18, 10:40 PM
Correct. Xcode is the Mac OSX development platorm, so naturally it only runs on Macs.
Ok, well, that's cool. I found a very quick and simple way to enable multi-touch gestures on a pc, without Xcode or jailbreak:
http://www.icopybot.com/blog/enable-multitouch-gestures-on-ipad-without-jailbreaking.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uktPleZ8O8Q
Ok, well, that's cool. I found a very quick and simple way to enable multi-touch gestures on a pc, without Xcode or jailbreak:
http://www.icopybot.com/blog/enable-multitouch-gestures-on-ipad-without-jailbreaking.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uktPleZ8O8Q
ProfessorApple
Apr 28, 12:29 PM
They can always try.
Please can we have some rumors abour iOS5 maybe?
Nice!
Please can we have some rumors abour iOS5 maybe?
Nice!
daneoni
May 1, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04a3trBs6Y
Thank you!
Once again, The Internet > 'major' news sites
Thank you!
Once again, The Internet > 'major' news sites
SiliconAddict
Aug 15, 03:06 PM
Purchase spare battery? Nice Apple nice. :rolleyes: It may be a legit option, god knows its somewhat a PITA to find on apple's site, but still. I don't want to hear anyone complaining about MS's in OS ads.
arogge
Jun 8, 08:18 AM
You really believe that failing to log out should be a $1000 mistake? For an app they'll never use? What if the app cost $10,000? $100,000? $1 million?
You'd still need a credit card linked to the account. If I tried to charge a $1,000 app over iTunes, the purchase would be declined. The person must first make a decision to authorize a purchase that is considered to be large, then link that credit card to iTunes, and then to secure that information or not.
If I leave $1,000 in cash on the street in front of my house, should I blame the government for not helping me when that money gets taken? Of course not, because it's my fault for leaving something valuable and recognizable where I knew that it could be taken.
Likewise, if you cracked my iTunes account password and tried to run up some big charges, you wouldn't get very far. I take the responsibility of reducing my risk by not leaving a large line of credit available where a simple mishandling of my electronic account information could result in a detrimental financial liability.
You'd still need a credit card linked to the account. If I tried to charge a $1,000 app over iTunes, the purchase would be declined. The person must first make a decision to authorize a purchase that is considered to be large, then link that credit card to iTunes, and then to secure that information or not.
If I leave $1,000 in cash on the street in front of my house, should I blame the government for not helping me when that money gets taken? Of course not, because it's my fault for leaving something valuable and recognizable where I knew that it could be taken.
Likewise, if you cracked my iTunes account password and tried to run up some big charges, you wouldn't get very far. I take the responsibility of reducing my risk by not leaving a large line of credit available where a simple mishandling of my electronic account information could result in a detrimental financial liability.
No comments:
Post a Comment