MarximusMG
Apr 22, 09:27 AM
Exactly what I've been expecting. Will be nearing the end of my contract by the time the first LTE iPhone is released.
ghostlyorb
Apr 16, 07:05 AM
I hope this OS is to be bought & downloaded through the App Store and updates come through the generic "software update".
I think it will be on the App Store.. and via a physical disk. I have friends who don't have fast enough internet to even play xboxlive.. and have a high-speed limit of like 500MBs a day. So yeah.
I think it will be on the App Store.. and via a physical disk. I have friends who don't have fast enough internet to even play xboxlive.. and have a high-speed limit of like 500MBs a day. So yeah.
Chalkperson
Apr 28, 05:13 PM
Wonder if the Apple bumpers fit?
Most likely, they are a loose fit, plus Apple makes them...LOL
Most likely, they are a loose fit, plus Apple makes them...LOL
bobber205
May 1, 10:40 PM
Looking forward to the movie version. ;)
CDCC
Apr 22, 10:53 PM
Apples got to be thrilled, they got just what they wanted. A good dose of conflict and confrontation.
I truly believe Steve is addicted to chaos.
Gee, is that why their stock goes up 10 points at the end of every quarter?
I'll take the dose of conflict and confrontation with my Apple stock.
And how is your Samsung and MS stock doing?
Enough said!
I truly believe Steve is addicted to chaos.
Gee, is that why their stock goes up 10 points at the end of every quarter?
I'll take the dose of conflict and confrontation with my Apple stock.
And how is your Samsung and MS stock doing?
Enough said!
rikscha
Mar 31, 10:59 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Alerts for birthday entries? Is it finally being implemented?
Alerts for birthday entries? Is it finally being implemented?

c0ry138
May 4, 09:55 AM
I wonder why they've moved it to a later date?
I would have to say its because apple was in production fixing the Iphone 4 for 8 months just to get the white one in stores and i would have to say that put them behind on production of a new phone.
I would have to say its because apple was in production fixing the Iphone 4 for 8 months just to get the white one in stores and i would have to say that put them behind on production of a new phone.
appleguy123
Apr 28, 11:48 AM
Is Intel in the pacific time zone, or have I missed a deadline change?
yellow
Dec 1, 03:49 PM
Hmm. I'm running a 17" MacBook Pro with 10.4.8 and when I checked under both Ethernet and Airport Appletalk was not enabled. On this machine I have never set it one way or the other.
/Applications/Utilites/Directory Access.app/ -> AppleTalk is checked.
/Applications/Utilites/Directory Access.app/ -> AppleTalk is checked.
G4DP
Apr 1, 04:54 AM
Unfortunately this is the chintzy sort of rubbish that the iSheep love. So it's probably here for good.
Nice one Arn with the April fool's stuff.
Nice one Arn with the April fool's stuff.
Corban987
Apr 26, 07:27 AM
I agree more vertical space and matte option. I'm really not a fan of these cinema screens. I find them annoying when just plain web surfing. I'd rather buy a old used 24" iMac with a matte screen. Come on Apple I've got $1,800 ready for you don't let me down.
I love the larger screens, You do realise you can resize your browser window so its the size of the 24inch screen, the 27 inch has higher resolution when you resize the window to 24 inch it will be the same reslution as it would be on the 24 inch and the same size!
I don't understand why so many complain that the 27 inch is so big when resizing is so simple. I can have 2 things open side by side!
I think Matte would be good, but you can just go buy a film and apply it quite easily so thats not a show stopper for me, however I have read it can lose some clarity so a factory applied option would be better.
http://www.radtech.us/Products/ClearCal-Displays.aspx
and
http://www.photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=AppleiMac&Product_Code=MXH-3420-01K
I love the larger screens, You do realise you can resize your browser window so its the size of the 24inch screen, the 27 inch has higher resolution when you resize the window to 24 inch it will be the same reslution as it would be on the 24 inch and the same size!
I don't understand why so many complain that the 27 inch is so big when resizing is so simple. I can have 2 things open side by side!
I think Matte would be good, but you can just go buy a film and apply it quite easily so thats not a show stopper for me, however I have read it can lose some clarity so a factory applied option would be better.
http://www.radtech.us/Products/ClearCal-Displays.aspx
and
http://www.photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=AppleiMac&Product_Code=MXH-3420-01K
hayesk
Mar 31, 08:40 PM
That's terrible. I use a computer because I don't want to use paper. And I don't want to see paper on my computer screen. Bone-heads. Need to get rid of these old paper-centric fogies at Apple.
Really? I use the a computer because it is easier to enter, store, and edit information. Not because I don't want it to look like paper. The less "high-tech" a computer looks, the better, in my opinion. It makes it more friendly and approachable.
I'd like to see some testing done on whether these "like the real thing" UIs help. This leads to every window looking different, and while that may sound awful, it might be easier to see the window you want out of a see of windows. It also leads to the app being more approachable.
As for the distraction argument, full screen mode is supposed to eliminate that, so if iCal is in the background, you'll never see it. There's also the Hide function in every app.
Really? I use the a computer because it is easier to enter, store, and edit information. Not because I don't want it to look like paper. The less "high-tech" a computer looks, the better, in my opinion. It makes it more friendly and approachable.
I'd like to see some testing done on whether these "like the real thing" UIs help. This leads to every window looking different, and while that may sound awful, it might be easier to see the window you want out of a see of windows. It also leads to the app being more approachable.
As for the distraction argument, full screen mode is supposed to eliminate that, so if iCal is in the background, you'll never see it. There's also the Hide function in every app.
viperGTS
Apr 14, 04:12 PM
When is the Verizon iPhone going to get the 4.3 love?
It aint love, i can tell you that.
It aint love, i can tell you that.
Erwin-Br
Apr 15, 03:42 PM
The "view" buttons in finder changed back to the old style.
281496
Best news ever. I hope they roll it back in other menu's as well.
281496
Best news ever. I hope they roll it back in other menu's as well.
seanpholman
Mar 16, 09:52 AM
Looks like I will skip today since I still have to drop my daughter off at school. How big is the line at SCP?
--Sean
--Sean
arjaosx
Apr 13, 03:19 PM
Pls look at post #94. Numbers speak for themselves and they tell me Apple won't get into TV business. Who's going to pay 2k every 2 - 3 years for a TV?
You might have inside sources at Apple, because you seem to be too sure that it will cost 2K and would only last for 2 - 3 years.
I remember people not wanting an iPad when the rumors broke out. Same thing.
You might have inside sources at Apple, because you seem to be too sure that it will cost 2K and would only last for 2 - 3 years.
I remember people not wanting an iPad when the rumors broke out. Same thing.
IJ Reilly
Jan 30, 02:00 PM
Actually, the US Dollar is declining due to the Fed interest rate cuts.
Congress controls spending, not the President.
More to do with paranoid, small-time, inexperienced investors, than anything else.
Now here's some interesting theories. The dollar started its decline long before the Fed began lowering interest rates. In fact it has stabilized and gained back some since. Actually, the president submits budgets to Congress. Finally, when the market swings wildly as it has recently, look to the behavior of large institutional investors. They are the controllers of large blocks of shares. What they decide moves markets, not small-time investors. They're just along for the ride, for the most part.
Congress controls spending, not the President.
More to do with paranoid, small-time, inexperienced investors, than anything else.
Now here's some interesting theories. The dollar started its decline long before the Fed began lowering interest rates. In fact it has stabilized and gained back some since. Actually, the president submits budgets to Congress. Finally, when the market swings wildly as it has recently, look to the behavior of large institutional investors. They are the controllers of large blocks of shares. What they decide moves markets, not small-time investors. They're just along for the ride, for the most part.

commander.data
May 3, 08:54 AM
Woohoo! About ****ing time Apple offered a decent GPU again. The last time the iMac had a GPU capable of playing modern games was 2007 with the 8800GS.
The 8800GS was actually the 8800M GTS, the second-highest model GPU in nVidia's mobile lineup at the time. The HD5750M in the previous iMac was actually a HD5850M or the second-highest model GPU in ATI's mobile lineup at that time. So Apple hasn't been skimping up to now on top-end options. Admittedly, the HD6970M is notable because it's actually the top-end mobile GPU, so we have climbed up a rung in the ladder.
The 8800GS was actually the 8800M GTS, the second-highest model GPU in nVidia's mobile lineup at the time. The HD5750M in the previous iMac was actually a HD5850M or the second-highest model GPU in ATI's mobile lineup at that time. So Apple hasn't been skimping up to now on top-end options. Admittedly, the HD6970M is notable because it's actually the top-end mobile GPU, so we have climbed up a rung in the ladder.
MacRumors
Apr 15, 01:13 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/15/apple-releases-update-to-mac-os-x-lion-developer-preview-2/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/15/140957-lion_dev_preview_2_update.jpg
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/15/140957-lion_dev_preview_2_update.jpg
mc68k
Oct 30, 01:33 AM
cool thats probably it then, the -16.
the processor trick is with the dev tools. there's a prefpane where u can turn off individual cores, and turn off hyperthreading. too bad there's not a dev tool for overclocking ;)
the processor trick is with the dev tools. there's a prefpane where u can turn off individual cores, and turn off hyperthreading. too bad there's not a dev tool for overclocking ;)
cantthinkofone
Apr 24, 12:19 PM
That is a dude not a girl.
Hard to believe everybody just stood around and let those girls assault him like that. As far as the seizure....that looks fake as all get out. I have seen a person have a seizure and it was no way near that violent.
Hard to believe everybody just stood around and let those girls assault him like that. As far as the seizure....that looks fake as all get out. I have seen a person have a seizure and it was no way near that violent.
Erwin-Br
Apr 22, 04:27 AM
This settles it:
http://www.emptyhouse.net/fileshuttle/samsungphone_21e9.jpg
http://www.emptyhouse.net/fileshuttle/samsungphone_21e9.jpg
akac
Nov 4, 01:20 AM
I should add that this is the one reason I'm interested in VMWare - native disk speed. I can partition my disk to XP and Mac ala Bootcamp and have VMWare use the partition natively for disk access.
twoodcc
Nov 27, 02:28 PM
Guys, need some help. I have 10 WU completed and I want to get bigadv going. I've read the setup how-to on F@H and am a little lost. Am I correct to say all I have to do to initiate bigadv is put the "-bigadv" string in my parameter block in the smp client control window?
are you running the console version? most people around here usually run that (i think) in terminal. that's what i do. and i'd advise that for you as well. that way, you just add "-bigadv" in the terminal command.
but i think you can do it in the other version as well. basically yes, all you need to add is "-bigadv"
are you running the console version? most people around here usually run that (i think) in terminal. that's what i do. and i'd advise that for you as well. that way, you just add "-bigadv" in the terminal command.
but i think you can do it in the other version as well. basically yes, all you need to add is "-bigadv"
No comments:
Post a Comment