JRM PowerPod
Aug 6, 11:19 PM
Or when there are multiple threads analyzing a photograph of a banner with dozens of icons on it, and nobody notices the photo also shows (the same) two covered banners. :)
Don't be like that, i noticed it.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2677363#post2677363
But that doesn't mean everyone isnt going nuts, because they are. This is worse than any build up to an Apple event i've ever remembered
Don't be like that, i noticed it.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2677363#post2677363
But that doesn't mean everyone isnt going nuts, because they are. This is worse than any build up to an Apple event i've ever remembered
joepunk
Apr 7, 06:50 PM
But popular culture keeps it at the forefront.
I couldn't agree more. I think what few people realize is that in almost all aspects, WWII was not so much the Second World War, as a continuation of WWI. I
For the US it was definitely our first bright and shining moment on the international stage and it has gained mythological status.
Off Topic from Lybia. In some way I think WWII (or parts of it) has become a bit too mythological. Oh, and I am personally getting tired of hearing "The Greatest Generation" line getting used all the time by prominent figures in the country.
Back On Topic.
I couldn't agree more. I think what few people realize is that in almost all aspects, WWII was not so much the Second World War, as a continuation of WWI. I
For the US it was definitely our first bright and shining moment on the international stage and it has gained mythological status.
Off Topic from Lybia. In some way I think WWII (or parts of it) has become a bit too mythological. Oh, and I am personally getting tired of hearing "The Greatest Generation" line getting used all the time by prominent figures in the country.
Back On Topic.
Bonsai1214
Sep 20, 08:04 PM
yeah, i bought a griffin reveal, but if switcheasy comes out with a nude, i might have to buy that to.. jesus, i'm spending money like crazy this year.. :eek: i just hope i can return or get my invisibleshield refunded. Zagg's customer service is horrible...
aaps59
Feb 8, 08:26 AM
http://www.jimmirehman.com/charger/Blackedout.jpg
2008 Dodge Charger SE
http://www.jimmirehman.com/charger/Signaturev1.jpg
Thats an epic Charger, I like em' for the stealth cop looks.
Charger Police Interceptor's FTW!
2008 Dodge Charger SE
http://www.jimmirehman.com/charger/Signaturev1.jpg
Thats an epic Charger, I like em' for the stealth cop looks.
Charger Police Interceptor's FTW!
QuarterSwede
Apr 10, 06:57 PM
And two-seaters?? :eek: Well, let's not go there.
Miata's are actually very good driving cars.
Miata's are actually very good driving cars.
Benjy91
Mar 28, 11:05 AM
you think? I suspect we'll see an announcement next year and a release in 2013 actually for the 360, the PS4 will probably be 2015. The 'WIIHD" or whatever it' called might be announced this year.........
Microsoft announced the Kinect would extend the life of the 360 by 5 years, and PS3 launched with the intention of a 10 year life span.
Microsoft announced the Kinect would extend the life of the 360 by 5 years, and PS3 launched with the intention of a 10 year life span.
Hilmi Hamidi
Feb 23, 09:26 AM
@iMark
Elegant setup. What speaker is that?
Elegant setup. What speaker is that?
twoodcc
Feb 8, 03:42 AM
congrats to lyzardking for 6 million points!
Snowcat001
Jun 22, 11:56 AM
Who wants to be touching a vertically standing screen all the time, that's tiring!
Maybe this is why we didn't see OS X 10.7 info because it might include support for this...
I was actually hoping to see a completely new mac Pro with new very high res screens and wireless trackpad.
Maybe this is why we didn't see OS X 10.7 info because it might include support for this...
I was actually hoping to see a completely new mac Pro with new very high res screens and wireless trackpad.
milo
Aug 29, 12:31 PM
ALL desktop machines......
Apple posted their 3rd Quarter 2006 financial results today.
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060719164004.shtml
That was before the Pro shipped, it's a safe bet since it's released desktop numbers have gone up. And that's just one quarter, I doubt desktop numbers have been on the decline for the last twelve months.
Apple posted their 3rd Quarter 2006 financial results today.
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/07/20060719164004.shtml
That was before the Pro shipped, it's a safe bet since it's released desktop numbers have gone up. And that's just one quarter, I doubt desktop numbers have been on the decline for the last twelve months.
MattDell
Sep 6, 08:34 PM
I do backup all of my ipod videos on DVD.
That brings up something that has really bugged me for a while. I think it is absurd that if you delete something you bought from Apple, you have to pay to get it back! If I buy a song, I should be buying a license to that song... not just one 'instance' of that particular song.
Apple keeps track of all the songs you buy anyway, so it's my opinion that you should be able to just "get another copy" if you have already purchased a song.
I think this would be especially great for movies. That way you won't have to eat up precious hard drive space. You could purchase your movie, download it, watch it, delete it, and then re-download the movie if you want to view it again.
-Matt
That brings up something that has really bugged me for a while. I think it is absurd that if you delete something you bought from Apple, you have to pay to get it back! If I buy a song, I should be buying a license to that song... not just one 'instance' of that particular song.
Apple keeps track of all the songs you buy anyway, so it's my opinion that you should be able to just "get another copy" if you have already purchased a song.
I think this would be especially great for movies. That way you won't have to eat up precious hard drive space. You could purchase your movie, download it, watch it, delete it, and then re-download the movie if you want to view it again.
-Matt
jonharris200
Jan 1, 07:18 PM
Whoa... apple.com homepage. :eek:
blybug
Jan 12, 06:30 PM
Thing is it would have to be cheap enough for a hospital to give out to all the doctors and such (I think we're using Epic now or something).
Well, not to be completely selfish, but I'm just talking about getting one for me. All the other doctors are on their own :rolleyes:
But yeah...a trimmed down OSX could still run a Citrix client, which is how I access EPIC directly from my Mac currently. Would be even smoother than VNC or Back to my Mac. However I anticipate that if there is a slim tablet style device that some kinda way it has to have some sort of screen sharing built in, that way even though it is thin (physically AND specification-wise), you can still do big things with it via your remote machine. I mean Leopard's Back to my Mac feature is just screaming to be officially on an iPhone and/or somewhat larger-screened device.
Maybe that's really what's "in the air"....your home/office computer (PC or Mac) and everything on it is now beamed to your tablet wirelessly. The AirBook is really little more than a WiFi screen.
Well, not to be completely selfish, but I'm just talking about getting one for me. All the other doctors are on their own :rolleyes:
But yeah...a trimmed down OSX could still run a Citrix client, which is how I access EPIC directly from my Mac currently. Would be even smoother than VNC or Back to my Mac. However I anticipate that if there is a slim tablet style device that some kinda way it has to have some sort of screen sharing built in, that way even though it is thin (physically AND specification-wise), you can still do big things with it via your remote machine. I mean Leopard's Back to my Mac feature is just screaming to be officially on an iPhone and/or somewhat larger-screened device.
Maybe that's really what's "in the air"....your home/office computer (PC or Mac) and everything on it is now beamed to your tablet wirelessly. The AirBook is really little more than a WiFi screen.
paulyras
Jan 11, 09:29 PM
First time I've seen USB called complicated :).
Ever used Windows 98? :D
Ever used Windows 98? :D

aquajet
Sep 6, 09:54 AM
Is it just me, or does the $599 mini *not* let you configure it with a DVD burner?
You're right and that sucks. :(
You're right and that sucks. :(
tablo13
Sep 21, 04:40 PM
I have the dermaSHOT case too, and I too find the top button a little hard to press. Kinda like I have to feel around for the button.
I also have a $1 one from China, not as thick as the Incipio, but the buttons feel good
Would you say the dermaSHOT is better?
Do you people know any good cheap(few bucks) TPU cases?
I also have a $1 one from China, not as thick as the Incipio, but the buttons feel good
Would you say the dermaSHOT is better?
Do you people know any good cheap(few bucks) TPU cases?
CyberBob859
Jun 23, 03:10 PM
Remember this design? Maybe they THOUGHT it was a touch enabled iMac, but just the iPad in a dock that looked like an iMac:
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/01/imac-dock3.jpg
Something like this could be feasible now that the iPad is out. Throw in the rumored MagicPad and the Magic Mouse, along with a slim keyboard, and voila, a touch enabled iMac-like computer.
Just a thought.
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/01/imac-dock3.jpg
Something like this could be feasible now that the iPad is out. Throw in the rumored MagicPad and the Magic Mouse, along with a slim keyboard, and voila, a touch enabled iMac-like computer.
Just a thought.
lyzardking
May 1, 07:19 PM
congrats to lyzardking for 7 million points!
i see your output is up! care to share what machines you got folding?
one 08 MP 2.8 dual quad
two 09 MP 2.26 dual quads
I finally got inCrease to push my key to F@H, although it looks like one (one of the newer PMs) isn't getting the bonus... I'll have to check when I get back.
I could never get the Console one to work right....
I just saw that my user name is/was being listed multiple times, I wonder if that has anything to do with it (I thought I wasn't getting any points from the console)
????
i see your output is up! care to share what machines you got folding?
one 08 MP 2.8 dual quad
two 09 MP 2.26 dual quads
I finally got inCrease to push my key to F@H, although it looks like one (one of the newer PMs) isn't getting the bonus... I'll have to check when I get back.
I could never get the Console one to work right....
I just saw that my user name is/was being listed multiple times, I wonder if that has anything to do with it (I thought I wasn't getting any points from the console)
????
petsy
Mar 24, 12:07 PM
Woulda been funnier if the conversation looked like this:
Q: Apple killing iPod?
Sent from my iPhone
A: We have no plans to
Sent from my HTC Hero
I'd like to see a new Classic though, preferably before summer. I'm out of space and there's 40+ gigs in my iTunes that I can't sync to my pod. Don't want to go the whole summer without an updated pod.
Q: Apple killing iPod?
Sent from my iPhone
A: We have no plans to
Sent from my HTC Hero
I'd like to see a new Classic though, preferably before summer. I'm out of space and there's 40+ gigs in my iTunes that I can't sync to my pod. Don't want to go the whole summer without an updated pod.
Cat-toy
Sep 21, 06:10 PM
Would you say the dermaSHOT is better?
Do you people know any good cheap(few bucks) TPU cases?
Well after using both for at least two days each I would have to say the dermaSHOT is overall a better case. It has a much more substantial feel to it, and has some nice styling to it. I also got used to the kinda squishy top button. Only real downfall to this case is that I email Insipio to inquire about any new colors planned, and they told me only one more color is planned for the near future "gold" something
The $1 case is not bad at all, pretty plane jane as far looks but I really like how the buttons feel. If you take your iPod in and out of you pocket often I would pick the dermaSHOT over the dollar case because my dollar case has a habit of falling off the sides of the iPod.
I am prob going to get two more $1 cases just for the color choices, and use these cases for my plane flights. The dermaSHOT will be my EDC :)
Do you people know any good cheap(few bucks) TPU cases?
Well after using both for at least two days each I would have to say the dermaSHOT is overall a better case. It has a much more substantial feel to it, and has some nice styling to it. I also got used to the kinda squishy top button. Only real downfall to this case is that I email Insipio to inquire about any new colors planned, and they told me only one more color is planned for the near future "gold" something
The $1 case is not bad at all, pretty plane jane as far looks but I really like how the buttons feel. If you take your iPod in and out of you pocket often I would pick the dermaSHOT over the dollar case because my dollar case has a habit of falling off the sides of the iPod.
I am prob going to get two more $1 cases just for the color choices, and use these cases for my plane flights. The dermaSHOT will be my EDC :)
Slix
Apr 3, 09:03 AM
I liked this ad. Very nice.
kjjnk
Apr 12, 09:17 PM
Wow, it looks absolutely stunning.
Krizoitz
Mar 19, 11:58 AM
Look, you don't have to call people names....
I just wanted to state that Apple should go on the Attack !! If it's a wombat then you should go and see Apple's situation outside of America.
In Australia (where Im from), the market is dead ! Most Apple Stores are large and if you ive in the Country - they don't exist. The rest of Asia is like that.
In Japan (where I live), alot of people have an Ipod but NOT a Macintosh...
Apple needs to push the market to get more...
I'm sorry that you felt insulted by the term, it wasn't meant to refer to you, just the petition idea.
I have read of the problems that Apple Australia is having os you may have a point there, but from all my contacts in Japan Apple seems to be doing spectacularly well there (and always has), the Ginza store opening is a prime-example.
Anyhow what you have to realize is that those of us in the U.S. have had to continously put up with this idea that Apple is dying in the media for a long time now, so we tend to be annoyed easier when things like this happens. At least for us, in Apple's main market it is doing great, so we really see no need to "save" Apple. Maybe a Save Apple Australia petition would help more, it sounds like the pricing is outta control.
I just wanted to state that Apple should go on the Attack !! If it's a wombat then you should go and see Apple's situation outside of America.
In Australia (where Im from), the market is dead ! Most Apple Stores are large and if you ive in the Country - they don't exist. The rest of Asia is like that.
In Japan (where I live), alot of people have an Ipod but NOT a Macintosh...
Apple needs to push the market to get more...
I'm sorry that you felt insulted by the term, it wasn't meant to refer to you, just the petition idea.
I have read of the problems that Apple Australia is having os you may have a point there, but from all my contacts in Japan Apple seems to be doing spectacularly well there (and always has), the Ginza store opening is a prime-example.
Anyhow what you have to realize is that those of us in the U.S. have had to continously put up with this idea that Apple is dying in the media for a long time now, so we tend to be annoyed easier when things like this happens. At least for us, in Apple's main market it is doing great, so we really see no need to "save" Apple. Maybe a Save Apple Australia petition would help more, it sounds like the pricing is outta control.
ahuman7341
Jul 19, 04:29 PM
Most critical applications to be out in september? wouldnt adobe fall into this category???
I was thinking the same things and didn't adobe say that their stuff would be out in md 2007?
I was thinking the same things and didn't adobe say that their stuff would be out in md 2007?
No comments:
Post a Comment