M. Malone
Oct 24, 02:05 AM
this is OG stiff one
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/jonathaniliff/macbookproOG.jpg
it appears you forgot about that light that dims and brightens when the machine sleeps :D
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/jonathaniliff/macbookproOG.jpg
it appears you forgot about that light that dims and brightens when the machine sleeps :D
toddybody
Mar 24, 01:44 PM
You mean we may finally be able to buy a current gen video card at a comparable price to their windows counterparts?! Am I dreaming? I must be dreaming.. right?
Would be nice:) IDK, the more I think about owning a Pro...Id be better off making a monster hackintosh on 1155 mATX platform (i7 2600k), HD 6970, SSD...the works. In an all aluminum Lian Li case. Now thats my kind of Pro;)
Would be nice:) IDK, the more I think about owning a Pro...Id be better off making a monster hackintosh on 1155 mATX platform (i7 2600k), HD 6970, SSD...the works. In an all aluminum Lian Li case. Now thats my kind of Pro;)
kelving525
Oct 13, 09:24 PM
I just received the Belkin Grip Vue (Tint) from belkin.com. It's structurally exactly the same as the Grip Vue cases from Best Buy, without the extremely bright and obnoxious colors. The (Tint) is translucent, so you can see your iPod logo thru the back. But it's slightly frosted on the inside, so you get NO watermarking, and it makes the back look really nice. I got the black one, which is basically a really dark smoke color. Really subtle and nice case.
One very noticeable improvement over the Best Buy Grip Vues is that the volume buttons are way easier to press. I have been using my Best Buy Grip Vue for a week, and the buttons have broken in a little and have become easier. But the buttons on the Grip Vue (Tint) right out of the box are easier to press. Maybe the clearer material is just inherently a little bit softer.

JUSTIN BIEBER#39;S BOOK COVER!

In Justin Bieber#39;s edition of

Justin Bieber

Debut ook cover thats

O primeiro livro de Justin

The ook titled, quot;Justin

Justin Bieber#39;s Book Cover

by ronnie bloom ook cover

Justin-ieber-justin biebers

of Justin Bieber#39;s book

justin bieber book photoshoot.

Justin Bieber#39;s cover book :

Justin Bieber has a memoir

Pop heart-throb Justin Bieber

justin bieber taylor swift

+justin+ieber+story+ook
One very noticeable improvement over the Best Buy Grip Vues is that the volume buttons are way easier to press. I have been using my Best Buy Grip Vue for a week, and the buttons have broken in a little and have become easier. But the buttons on the Grip Vue (Tint) right out of the box are easier to press. Maybe the clearer material is just inherently a little bit softer.
torn
Sep 24, 11:01 AM
It's already been released. Best Buy has been selling them for more than a week now.
Could you please give me the link? I can't find it on bestbuy's online store.
Could you please give me the link? I can't find it on bestbuy's online store.
lordonuthin
Feb 23, 08:19 PM
ok. now do you have the 2.66 or 2.26 mac pro octo?
2.66
for the i7, what most people do is run linux in a VM and do the bigadv units while also doing gpu units. but i wouldn't do this unless you're running at least around 3.3 ghz. i'm running around 3.6 ghz i think, and i have 2 gpu's going on mine. it slows down the bigadv units, but the gpu's make up for it.
I'm not going to go to all that trouble, VM's seem like kind of a pain.
how are you trying to overclock now? just in the bios? that's basically just how i do it - in the bios. but that will depend on your motherboard
I've just tried it in bios without much luck.
2.66
for the i7, what most people do is run linux in a VM and do the bigadv units while also doing gpu units. but i wouldn't do this unless you're running at least around 3.3 ghz. i'm running around 3.6 ghz i think, and i have 2 gpu's going on mine. it slows down the bigadv units, but the gpu's make up for it.
I'm not going to go to all that trouble, VM's seem like kind of a pain.
how are you trying to overclock now? just in the bios? that's basically just how i do it - in the bios. but that will depend on your motherboard
I've just tried it in bios without much luck.
Consultant
Mar 25, 03:59 PM
Great news. And so thin!
iPad 1 does not support HDMI out, so I'm assuming no, it doesn't work.
Exactly.
iPad 1 does not support HDMI out, so I'm assuming no, it doesn't work.
Exactly.
seenew
Aug 7, 03:43 AM
Are there going to be static downloads of the event? I mean, one I can save to view later? I hate streams, so badly.
ingenious
Mar 27, 06:45 PM
reasons your wrong
1. he didnt make up a word of it
2. apple made safari before ms pulled ie
3.the ipod has a long time to go their not going to just say screw it when its selling
4.ITMS is making them money after the record companies are paid back for the use of the songs every cent is profit
5. less than 20 people have signed your petition and do you really think its going to get apple to change their entire strategyi can see it now steve jobs sees our online pettion and immediatly calls a meating "i just had an appihany some kid said to make a cheap computer that hooks up to your tv weve been completely wrong all theese yearsapple is now only going to make web tv type systems and nothing else my god what have i been doing"
for once someone agrees with me ;)
1. he didnt make up a word of it
2. apple made safari before ms pulled ie
3.the ipod has a long time to go their not going to just say screw it when its selling
4.ITMS is making them money after the record companies are paid back for the use of the songs every cent is profit
5. less than 20 people have signed your petition and do you really think its going to get apple to change their entire strategyi can see it now steve jobs sees our online pettion and immediatly calls a meating "i just had an appihany some kid said to make a cheap computer that hooks up to your tv weve been completely wrong all theese yearsapple is now only going to make web tv type systems and nothing else my god what have i been doing"
for once someone agrees with me ;)
Lord Blackadder
Mar 7, 01:34 PM
All this said, I've never needed any additive myself, car is never garaged, and has never failed to start as of yet.
A neighbor of mine drives a ratty looking 4th generation Jetta TDI. She has it on an engine block heater, not sure what she does to prevent gelling but it works just fine, and we've had sustained temperatures well below -10F.
So while it may require steps to be taken to prevent fuel gelling, diesels will run just fine at very low temperatures.
Was only a young kid when that Focus was around.......
Anyway, when the current US Focus debuted back in 1999 I believe it was, it wasn't a bad car. In typical bad Ford fashion, it was left to rot on the vine. It got a heavy redesign/MCE for the 2008/9 MY I believe it was, but it was too late. The 2012 Focus is so much better. Although I prefer the Chevy Cruze.
My brother has a Mk1 3-door hatch Focus with the 2.0L Zetec four, and while I'm not a huge fan of the driving position I think is a great little car and miles ahead of what GM was making at the time. Unfortunately, Ford kept the Mk1 for sale in the US (with only facelifts) for way too long, and towards the end of its run it was pretty dated. The new one is a very nice car, and the arrival of the Fiesta really strengthens Ford's small-car lineup.
I imagine that Ford will be keeping an eye on GM's diesel Cruze (if it happens) to gauge popularity. A diesel Focus or Fiesta would be a good addition to the lineup. I may be wrong, but I think that Ford uses their own diesel engine in the European Focus.
A neighbor of mine drives a ratty looking 4th generation Jetta TDI. She has it on an engine block heater, not sure what she does to prevent gelling but it works just fine, and we've had sustained temperatures well below -10F.
So while it may require steps to be taken to prevent fuel gelling, diesels will run just fine at very low temperatures.
Was only a young kid when that Focus was around.......
Anyway, when the current US Focus debuted back in 1999 I believe it was, it wasn't a bad car. In typical bad Ford fashion, it was left to rot on the vine. It got a heavy redesign/MCE for the 2008/9 MY I believe it was, but it was too late. The 2012 Focus is so much better. Although I prefer the Chevy Cruze.
My brother has a Mk1 3-door hatch Focus with the 2.0L Zetec four, and while I'm not a huge fan of the driving position I think is a great little car and miles ahead of what GM was making at the time. Unfortunately, Ford kept the Mk1 for sale in the US (with only facelifts) for way too long, and towards the end of its run it was pretty dated. The new one is a very nice car, and the arrival of the Fiesta really strengthens Ford's small-car lineup.
I imagine that Ford will be keeping an eye on GM's diesel Cruze (if it happens) to gauge popularity. A diesel Focus or Fiesta would be a good addition to the lineup. I may be wrong, but I think that Ford uses their own diesel engine in the European Focus.
iMikeT
Sep 6, 04:12 PM
Better than nothing.

sauer228
Apr 19, 11:59 AM
Just in time for the back to school promo!
BenRoethig
Aug 29, 08:59 AM
Those speeds line up exactly with the T5000 series of Merom.
aiqw9182
Mar 24, 02:51 PM
So, without using the supplied windows CD/Driver I can simply plug n' play the 5870 intom my 2009 MacPro and it work?! Heck, if you have done it without issues, then I'm tempted.
Ask for some more info on the Mac Pro board (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1) or use the search function on MacRumors. My knowledge on it is fairly limited.
Ask for some more info on the Mac Pro board (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1) or use the search function on MacRumors. My knowledge on it is fairly limited.
FireStar
Oct 2, 09:44 PM
I ordered one of these from Ashopone last week (grey color). Does the gel case slide in and out of a pocket easily? The thing I hate about the silicone cases I have is that they are really sticking going in and out of pockets.
I don't have one but it looks like it would be fairly easy to slide in and out of your pocket. Maybe not the easiest, but probably easy enough.
I don't have one but it looks like it would be fairly easy to slide in and out of your pocket. Maybe not the easiest, but probably easy enough.
ILL Robinson
Jan 12, 10:55 AM
The most obvious reason behind the name MacBook Air for me is the removal of the wired Ethernet connector to the MacBook. There is two thing that prevent from making a very slim notebook: an optical drive and an ethernet connector (look at the ethernet connector on a MacBook, it take most of the height of the notebook).
So the MacBook Air would be the first Apple notebook having only a wireless connection...
And I agree that it will be made of aluminium...
FrenchMac
Name or no, I completely agree with this. If the word "Air" isn't part of a product (and given the ad hook, it most likely is) expect Jobs to repeatedly use "Air" throughout the keynote.
All aside, we should start a thread where people can boast if their Mac product speculations were correct or admit they were flat out wrong.
So the MacBook Air would be the first Apple notebook having only a wireless connection...
And I agree that it will be made of aluminium...
FrenchMac
Name or no, I completely agree with this. If the word "Air" isn't part of a product (and given the ad hook, it most likely is) expect Jobs to repeatedly use "Air" throughout the keynote.
All aside, we should start a thread where people can boast if their Mac product speculations were correct or admit they were flat out wrong.
iJohnHenry
Mar 20, 10:50 AM
I'm not smart enough to know what the right thing to do is in Libya. But it does make me roll my eyes to hear the CNN anchor talk about how Qaddafi is "thumbing his nose at America".
The propoganda machine is cranked-up and running. :rolleyes:
Let's go kill some badguys!
It's "the World", but American media pretend that the U.S. IS the World.
I actually think having troops is better.
Can we count on you to volunteer?
The propoganda machine is cranked-up and running. :rolleyes:
Let's go kill some badguys!
It's "the World", but American media pretend that the U.S. IS the World.
I actually think having troops is better.
Can we count on you to volunteer?
MacRumors
Oct 23, 06:39 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
MacGadget.de (German) (http://www.macgadget.de/) reports that MacBook Pro upgrades could take place as early as this week. Expected updates include Core 2 Duo upgrades as has long been expected as well as larger drives, FW800, and upgraded DVD drives.
Meanwhile, product checks (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2163) indicate that several European hardware distributers "ran dry" of MacBook and MacBook Pro inventory several weeks ago.
Rumors of MacBook Pro upgrades have been ongoing for weeks. The last MacRumors.com reported rumor from MacGadget.de comes from an iBook update prediction (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/10/20041015154040.shtml) in 2004. That rumor turned out to be true (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/10/20041019083450.shtml).
MacGadget.de (German) (http://www.macgadget.de/) reports that MacBook Pro upgrades could take place as early as this week. Expected updates include Core 2 Duo upgrades as has long been expected as well as larger drives, FW800, and upgraded DVD drives.
Meanwhile, product checks (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2163) indicate that several European hardware distributers "ran dry" of MacBook and MacBook Pro inventory several weeks ago.
Rumors of MacBook Pro upgrades have been ongoing for weeks. The last MacRumors.com reported rumor from MacGadget.de comes from an iBook update prediction (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/10/20041015154040.shtml) in 2004. That rumor turned out to be true (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/10/20041019083450.shtml).
motulist
Aug 7, 03:38 AM
OMG!!
Dat iz teh secks!!
I know! But this is special insider info I'm showing just to you, you can't let anyone else see it, you have to keep it a secret!
Dat iz teh secks!!
I know! But this is special insider info I'm showing just to you, you can't let anyone else see it, you have to keep it a secret!
mi5moav
Sep 7, 08:57 PM
We'll I guess you guys are right about getting a new streaming airport... looks like the wait time is back up from 24hours to 1-3 WEEKS WEEEEHOOOOOO!!!!!
citizenzen
Mar 27, 09:23 AM
Really? How shocking! Imagine, the US European Command, headed by an American! Next you'll be telling us that the US President is an American, too.
It's all rather academic isn't it?
Instead of a military action led by the U.S., it's a military action led by the alliance that's led by the U.S.
It's all rather academic isn't it?
Instead of a military action led by the U.S., it's a military action led by the alliance that's led by the U.S.
pmd
Nov 30, 07:50 AM
How do you record channel 105 from 5:30PM to 6:30PM on Friday? Damn...that would take forever with 4 buttons.
I assume you've not used a TiVo then? The TiVo interface allows you to set manual channel and time recordings with just up,down,left,right and select, which is exactly what the Apple Remote has. It works just fine.
But on the TiVo, you rarely need to make a recording like that - you just select the program in the guide.
I assume you've not used a TiVo then? The TiVo interface allows you to set manual channel and time recordings with just up,down,left,right and select, which is exactly what the Apple Remote has. It works just fine.
But on the TiVo, you rarely need to make a recording like that - you just select the program in the guide.
FireStar
Oct 22, 01:17 PM
Huh? iPhone 4 cases are all over the place.
I think he means iPod Touch 4G.....
I think he means iPod Touch 4G.....
Phil A.
Apr 11, 06:34 AM
Manual (stick) shift cars are rare today and I'm wondering how many people still know how to drive them. How did you learn and do you have a desire to own one?
As others have said, they are far from rare outside of the USA. Personally, I've driven several automatic cars (both over here in the UK and in the USA) and much prefer a manual gearbox: I like the better control and flexibility to change up when I want to rather than when the car thinks I should.
With a manual box, you don't have to think about "sport mode" or "economy mode" settings for gear changes: you just do it when you want to :)
The only time I think an auto works is on a diesel car / truck: Diesel engines have such a poor power range that with a manual you find yourself constantly changing gear just to keep the thing moving (I personally hate diesel cars with a passion but that's a different debate ;) )
As others have said, they are far from rare outside of the USA. Personally, I've driven several automatic cars (both over here in the UK and in the USA) and much prefer a manual gearbox: I like the better control and flexibility to change up when I want to rather than when the car thinks I should.
With a manual box, you don't have to think about "sport mode" or "economy mode" settings for gear changes: you just do it when you want to :)
The only time I think an auto works is on a diesel car / truck: Diesel engines have such a poor power range that with a manual you find yourself constantly changing gear just to keep the thing moving (I personally hate diesel cars with a passion but that's a different debate ;) )
GregA
Aug 24, 09:41 PM
I suspect we'll see slight case redesigns for Santa Rosa-based Macs. Santa Rosa will be the real Core 2 platform. This year's Meroms are a stopgap.Isn't everything a stop gap, in that sense? Just with sweet spots along the way :)
as well as include new WiFi and the "Robson" flash technology for fast-booting.I'll have to look up Robson... I imagine Boot Camp will work quite well if it only takes 10 seconds to switch from an active Mac to an active Windows machine...
as well as include new WiFi and the "Robson" flash technology for fast-booting.I'll have to look up Robson... I imagine Boot Camp will work quite well if it only takes 10 seconds to switch from an active Mac to an active Windows machine...
No comments:
Post a Comment