The Sheck
Sep 18, 01:27 AM
So, the ipod touch 4G is my first iOS device, and I had a bunch of problems putting on the screen protector when I bought the Dermashot. So much in fact, that I ruined the protector. Not seeing any others for sale on the site, I emailed their customer service to inquire when they'd be on sale. They said "soon," but in the meantime they sent me two FREE ones! Love their customer support and the case looks great on mine. :D
kalisphoenix
Jan 2, 09:47 PM
I certainly hope not. Sun may not produce the glamourous stuff, but it is exceedingly great at inventing and innovating on the back-end and they're open with it. Apple buying Sun wouldn't make them any more innovative, but I can see Apple's culture of secrecy and proprietary control killing much of what Sun does.
Apple's proprietary attitude may or may not help it on the consumer desktop, but it wouldn't be successful everywhere.
Not to mention the NeXTSTEP vs. Apple, Cocoa vs. Carbon schism. Those two philosophies have not learned to work together as well as I would have hoped. Introducing a third, profoundly different culture could be disastrous.
Apple: Computers for home users and schools.
NeXT: Computers for developers and researchers.
Sun: Computers for government and corporations.
I can't even imagine what Sun's influence on the hardware and software would be. It'd be positive, I'm sure -- a lot of geniuses at Sun -- but all of the other factors inside the companies and cultures could never be predicted.
Apple's proprietary attitude may or may not help it on the consumer desktop, but it wouldn't be successful everywhere.
Not to mention the NeXTSTEP vs. Apple, Cocoa vs. Carbon schism. Those two philosophies have not learned to work together as well as I would have hoped. Introducing a third, profoundly different culture could be disastrous.
Apple: Computers for home users and schools.
NeXT: Computers for developers and researchers.
Sun: Computers for government and corporations.
I can't even imagine what Sun's influence on the hardware and software would be. It'd be positive, I'm sure -- a lot of geniuses at Sun -- but all of the other factors inside the companies and cultures could never be predicted.

macmunch
Jul 19, 06:45 PM
Thats very cool !
I see high chance to even better Results ...
1. Look for People which wait for the Mac Pro (its me and at least 3-4 of my friends, 2 of them Switchers)
2. iPod no major new features (New model will boost Sales)
3. More Stores ---> more People who learn about Macs and try them out (50% new to mac in stores) ----> Here is much Space in Europe ecspecially in Germany !!! Every 11 or 12 PC user knows Mac or OS X, some know Apple cause of the iPod ....
4. The Good old guys which wait for Revision 2 of a Mac :D
bye
I see high chance to even better Results ...
1. Look for People which wait for the Mac Pro (its me and at least 3-4 of my friends, 2 of them Switchers)
2. iPod no major new features (New model will boost Sales)
3. More Stores ---> more People who learn about Macs and try them out (50% new to mac in stores) ----> Here is much Space in Europe ecspecially in Germany !!! Every 11 or 12 PC user knows Mac or OS X, some know Apple cause of the iPod ....
4. The Good old guys which wait for Revision 2 of a Mac :D
bye
longsilver
Sep 5, 08:43 AM
UK and Ireland stores are still up so now I'm beginning to think they'll announce a Mac Mini AirPort hybrid with DVR capabilities, a huge HD, and input-output and on-the-fly hardware decoding for every video feed you can think of and it'll retail at $50...
...but it'll only work in the US.
Dang it :mad:
:D
...but it'll only work in the US.
Dang it :mad:
:D
timmyOtool
Apr 4, 04:04 PM
I think the cut throat P.C. market will implode on it's self sometime in the future and Apple should stay out of that market. With that said I do hope that Apple can improve the consumer line up. $800 for an emac would be good if it had better specs. All the ilife apps should run well on all macs period. A better adveritising stratigy wouldn't hurt either. Let people know about osx, after all that is their best product imho. Apple is not going to die, but there is always room for improvement.
Digital Dude
Jun 22, 03:09 PM
I don’t feel this should be a ‘Page 2’ topic in that it makes more sense as to why Apple is dragging its feet on a replacement of their 30-inch desktop display.
As for a new MacPro, I think Apple couldn't care less about professional designers anymore. It's now all about bubblegum social interaction with 16-year old bee-bopping mall kids.
As for a new MacPro, I think Apple couldn't care less about professional designers anymore. It's now all about bubblegum social interaction with 16-year old bee-bopping mall kids.
Lukeit
Mar 31, 08:39 AM
Set desktop picture doesn't work any longer... anyone with the same issue has a way to fix it?
BTW: iCal is horrible... what on earth is going on in Apple's mind?
BTW: iCal is horrible... what on earth is going on in Apple's mind?

iJohnHenry
Mar 20, 06:41 PM
Please quantify that. Homeopathy might make you feel better about your cold, but if you're persuaded to rely on it rather than chemotherapy to cure your cancer, you'll be in for a shock.
Lots of little good placebo outcomes outweighed by pretty serious consequences I'd bet.
Hang about for a moment. I think you have struck on something brilliant.
We let them trust God to cure them, from a disease He has allowed them to acquire, and there will be less of 'them', in the long run.
I like this line of thinking. Mother Nature would be amused.
Lots of little good placebo outcomes outweighed by pretty serious consequences I'd bet.
Hang about for a moment. I think you have struck on something brilliant.
We let them trust God to cure them, from a disease He has allowed them to acquire, and there will be less of 'them', in the long run.
I like this line of thinking. Mother Nature would be amused.
techweenie
Apr 3, 01:30 PM
The trolls are out in force today. They seem to be taking cues from the political world where Google is apparently broken. 40% of the population cannot -- or will not -- independently verify claims, and a whole ecosystem has grown up to help insulate them from reality.
Yes, Mr. Al Coholic, iPads do have multiple applications. Your apparent belief that all applications must be promoted in every ad is at best impractical.
If you were able to understand the subtle message of this new ad I wouldn't have to explain to you that this positions the iPad against other tablets with *some* applications and *some* technical spec advantages by saying it's all about the user experience.
The very first brochure we did for the Apple II did the same thing with the headline "Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication." How many companies are still operating with the same philosophy 30+ years later?
Yes, Mr. Al Coholic, iPads do have multiple applications. Your apparent belief that all applications must be promoted in every ad is at best impractical.
If you were able to understand the subtle message of this new ad I wouldn't have to explain to you that this positions the iPad against other tablets with *some* applications and *some* technical spec advantages by saying it's all about the user experience.
The very first brochure we did for the Apple II did the same thing with the headline "Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication." How many companies are still operating with the same philosophy 30+ years later?
Linito
Aug 25, 01:02 PM
Hope the new mac minis have a new face... since the change to intel it's been all pretty much the same, the macbook pro and the mac pro are almost identical to the old ones:(
Come on apple get CREATIVE:p
Come on apple get CREATIVE:p
haysoos123
Apr 13, 02:07 AM
+1 here. Every time I've tried to use iMovie for a "quick" edit it always ends in disasters like this. In my case, I was trying to move some music around and time my edits with the music. It was really infuriating trying to do this in iMovie compared to how fast I could have done it in FCP. I guess we'll have wait till Apple posts more info or we get it in our hands to really tell if it can be run like the current FCP.
True, but why try to use iMovie for a quick edit in the first place? It's not really made for you, and its basic workflow is certainly not made for you. You should use what you can use, even for your home movies. Just because FCP is more advanced doesn't mean you can't also use it for very simple things.
Count me as excited for this release. As far as I know, they haven't said they would remove key features, but these updates to 64-bit and core usage enhancements have been overdue. For all you guys claiming it's "not pro" ... have you used it? How do you know that from these few details?
We don't know anything about the Suite offerings, so any bitching on that front is premature. I hope they keep Color and make a great update to Motion. The smoother color controls inside FCP will be a boon for basic things... like you need it to look presentable for cut reviews. Color is great to have around for the integrated post houses and for indies, but we have to remember that FCP is an editing program first and foremost. I will continue to take my bigger projects in for color timing on daVincis with great colorists. But for my lower-budget stuff where that's not in the cards, I hope they throw us a bone.
True, but why try to use iMovie for a quick edit in the first place? It's not really made for you, and its basic workflow is certainly not made for you. You should use what you can use, even for your home movies. Just because FCP is more advanced doesn't mean you can't also use it for very simple things.
Count me as excited for this release. As far as I know, they haven't said they would remove key features, but these updates to 64-bit and core usage enhancements have been overdue. For all you guys claiming it's "not pro" ... have you used it? How do you know that from these few details?
We don't know anything about the Suite offerings, so any bitching on that front is premature. I hope they keep Color and make a great update to Motion. The smoother color controls inside FCP will be a boon for basic things... like you need it to look presentable for cut reviews. Color is great to have around for the integrated post houses and for indies, but we have to remember that FCP is an editing program first and foremost. I will continue to take my bigger projects in for color timing on daVincis with great colorists. But for my lower-budget stuff where that's not in the cards, I hope they throw us a bone.
vincenz
Feb 20, 03:31 PM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4189/p1000762s.jpg
Who's the gal? ;)
Who's the gal? ;)
Doctor Q
Oct 4, 07:16 PM
Congrats, twoodcc! Your computer is da man!

pyramid6
Apr 26, 02:35 PM
...
It was.
I believe they have filed for a trademark, but the USPTO has not issued it.
Microsoft, and now Amazon, are opposing the issuing of the trademark. If it is issued to Apple, Apple will most likely prevail against Amazon. If they are not issued the trademark, everyone will have an "App Store".
It was.
I believe they have filed for a trademark, but the USPTO has not issued it.
Microsoft, and now Amazon, are opposing the issuing of the trademark. If it is issued to Apple, Apple will most likely prevail against Amazon. If they are not issued the trademark, everyone will have an "App Store".
Calbretto
Apr 20, 10:28 AM
I simply can't wait for the refresh. I am ready for my first iMac... and my first home Mac. :) I use a Mac Pro G5 at work that is a few years old but an awesome machine. My home use for a Mac is less demanding than at work so I figure an iMac would be fine for my needs.
firestarter
Apr 12, 09:39 PM
Yeah BETA sounds like we won't be getting it for a while :(
Ground up rewrite = a whole load of bugs.
It'll be interesting to see how many shops use this for production work when it's finally released.
Ground up rewrite = a whole load of bugs.
It'll be interesting to see how many shops use this for production work when it's finally released.
paulsalter
May 4, 02:07 AM
Edited
mduser63
Nov 30, 07:57 AM
With a hard disk in it. iTV will not require a computer - will give you internet access on your TV. Dock the iPod, and allow you to buy directly movies, songs & content. I.e. without streaming. Direct download through a Wifi intenet connection. Could even have the ability to stream from the internet - I.e. cable, etc.. coupled with a DVR for recording. Would be amazing if it could do all of the above.
As stated in some interview with Bob Iger that I read somewhere, the iTV will have an internal hard drive. I also have it from someone at Apple that it will have a hard disk, although they didn't tell me anything else that we don't already know and were very cautious about revealing too much.
As stated in some interview with Bob Iger that I read somewhere, the iTV will have an internal hard drive. I also have it from someone at Apple that it will have a hard disk, although they didn't tell me anything else that we don't already know and were very cautious about revealing too much.
tablo13
Sep 17, 08:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
Do you suggest any cheap good quality silicon cases on eBay other than the one above?
Do you suggest any cheap good quality silicon cases on eBay other than the one above?
fwoppers
Sep 29, 11:20 PM
Well, I ended up grabbing a Vue, in the lime green flavor. I actually kinda like the color (and it's the only one BestBuy had in stock when I went, heh).
Fits snug, feels good and strong, I like it. Not terribly hard to get in and out.
Fits snug, feels good and strong, I like it. Not terribly hard to get in and out.
TangoCharlie
Aug 25, 05:27 AM
What the @*!& is Labour Day? Something to do with Tony Blair?
No, that would be New Labour Day. Labour Day is May 1st. :) :confused:
No, that would be New Labour Day. Labour Day is May 1st. :) :confused:
Queso
Jul 19, 04:47 PM
Interesting comment from the conference call is that only 39% of Apple sales are now international. That was 50% not too long ago.
Based on that, the rise in Mac sales is almost exlusively US-based. If they can repeat that success in Japan, Europe etc., we could be looking at a lot more Mac sales every quarter.
Based on that, the rise in Mac sales is almost exlusively US-based. If they can repeat that success in Japan, Europe etc., we could be looking at a lot more Mac sales every quarter.
Stella
Jan 12, 08:07 AM
If this machine is truly is what the rumour suggests then what is the point?
A thinner MacBook that doesn't have any CD drives?
There has got to be some information that is missing.
Cool name though!
A thinner MacBook that doesn't have any CD drives?
There has got to be some information that is missing.
Cool name though!
HiRez
Apr 12, 10:05 PM
Wow, looks pretty awesome. Nothing about improved typography though? Booooo.
No comments:
Post a Comment