ValSalva
Jun 23, 11:42 AM
"I don't want fingerprints on my screen!".... Well then don't run any apps that are touch enabled. Run any and all of your keyboard/mouse apps you want to all day long.
If it were only that easy. The real fear is that developers will mess up good apps by making touch necessary because they think that's what people want.
And... Have you ever been to a bar and seen those coin operated touch screen card game thingies? I worked at a bar for many years and I've seen people play them for hours at a time. It's not as bad as everyone fears.
Play and work are not the same.
I would like very much to see a mix of traditional OS X and iOS touch capabilities. I see kids software selling like mad. I've been working on a custom page layout app for a classifieds type of paper. Some touch for Drag-N-Drop operations in parts of it would be a welcome addition.
That's great. Apple would become the dumbed-down childrens computer company.
If it were only that easy. The real fear is that developers will mess up good apps by making touch necessary because they think that's what people want.
And... Have you ever been to a bar and seen those coin operated touch screen card game thingies? I worked at a bar for many years and I've seen people play them for hours at a time. It's not as bad as everyone fears.
Play and work are not the same.
I would like very much to see a mix of traditional OS X and iOS touch capabilities. I see kids software selling like mad. I've been working on a custom page layout app for a classifieds type of paper. Some touch for Drag-N-Drop operations in parts of it would be a welcome addition.
That's great. Apple would become the dumbed-down childrens computer company.
mrapplegate
Apr 1, 08:42 AM
Two *major* bugs:
1) TextEdit crashes on launch (tried trashing the prefs file - nothing)
2) cmd+left/right no longer goes to the start/end of the line :O wtf!
Anyone else experiencing these?
TextEdit launches fine for me.
cmd+left/right moves the cursor to the front or the end of the line.
Sorry, but looks like bug report time.
1) TextEdit crashes on launch (tried trashing the prefs file - nothing)
2) cmd+left/right no longer goes to the start/end of the line :O wtf!
Anyone else experiencing these?
TextEdit launches fine for me.
cmd+left/right moves the cursor to the front or the end of the line.
Sorry, but looks like bug report time.

arn
Sep 1, 11:50 AM
How reliable is MacOSXrumors?
In the past they haven't been particularly notable, but the Leopard reports seemed real, and so this one is given more credence. Obviously, we'll know more on Sept 12th. :)
arn
In the past they haven't been particularly notable, but the Leopard reports seemed real, and so this one is given more credence. Obviously, we'll know more on Sept 12th. :)
arn
n7vy
Feb 7, 04:08 PM
Here is a picture of my weekend ride:
http://qrp.net/012_12s.jpg
Gordon
http://qrp.net/012_12s.jpg
Gordon
dguisinger
Aug 7, 08:01 AM
One thing I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to see changed is the Network preference panel.
I HATE, HATE, HATE it!
On OSX clients its somewhat okay, but when you use OS X Server (yes, i know its the same) and you start setting up multi-homed boxes, using multiple ethernet connections, each with multiple IP addresses, it flippin sucks!
You have to keep hitting Duplicate adapter, and its 1 IP per virtual adapter!
Common Apple! 1 adapter, multiple IPs! Its easy, Microsoft lets you do it with a single click....you look at the adapter list, you know what port you are actually configuring! Damn UI idiots need to rethink that one
speaking of UI fixes, whats with Safari not scrolling the window when you are typing in a text box and the text box goes off the bottom of the window...grrrr
I HATE, HATE, HATE it!
On OSX clients its somewhat okay, but when you use OS X Server (yes, i know its the same) and you start setting up multi-homed boxes, using multiple ethernet connections, each with multiple IP addresses, it flippin sucks!
You have to keep hitting Duplicate adapter, and its 1 IP per virtual adapter!
Common Apple! 1 adapter, multiple IPs! Its easy, Microsoft lets you do it with a single click....you look at the adapter list, you know what port you are actually configuring! Damn UI idiots need to rethink that one
speaking of UI fixes, whats with Safari not scrolling the window when you are typing in a text box and the text box goes off the bottom of the window...grrrr
Built
Apr 3, 05:53 AM
The only thing worse than trolls in threads like this are posters (like yourself) who suffer from Yogi Bear Syndrome.
To say that "virtually every" iPad 2 has a backlight problem simply makes you look like an idiot. There's no way you can know this, and basing your assumption on the number of posts in a forum - be it Apple's or someone else's - just make you look foolish, especially considering most forums are populated by just a few people. The reality is that 99% of iPad 2 users probably don't even know that there is an iPad forum on the internet!
Case in point: count the number of times YOU'VE posted your BS here, and the 9 or 10 people who bothered to answer you. That's already taken up more than 4 pages by itself. Case rested. :rolleyes:
...So what does it say about YOU that you feel the NEED to respond. You sound like another one who needs to get out more.
To say that "virtually every" iPad 2 has a backlight problem simply makes you look like an idiot. There's no way you can know this, and basing your assumption on the number of posts in a forum - be it Apple's or someone else's - just make you look foolish, especially considering most forums are populated by just a few people. The reality is that 99% of iPad 2 users probably don't even know that there is an iPad forum on the internet!
Case in point: count the number of times YOU'VE posted your BS here, and the 9 or 10 people who bothered to answer you. That's already taken up more than 4 pages by itself. Case rested. :rolleyes:
...So what does it say about YOU that you feel the NEED to respond. You sound like another one who needs to get out more.
balamw
Sep 8, 03:58 PM
Airport Express still shows available within 24 hours, so looks like Extreme is getting updated but Express is not.
Or they have a decent inventory of Express units and just want to throw us off... :p
B
Or they have a decent inventory of Express units and just want to throw us off... :p
B
jemeinc
Apr 2, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=Doraemon]What are you talking about? iTMS not generating profit? Geez, check your facts!
Actually, while I couldn't disagree with iMac-Japan more, I have heard the itms doesn't actually make a profit on it's own... It's real purpose is to sell iPods, & break even on the sales of songs, or so I'm told...

selena gomez and demi lovato

pictures of selena gomez and

cause only Selena (Gomez) and

Selena Gomez in a Bikini with

on Selena Gomez#39;s Wizards

selena gomez in a ra.
.jpg)
From. selena gomez bikini

Selena Gomez Bikini is the

selena gomez bikini.

selena gomez bra.

selena gomez bikini 2011
Actually, while I couldn't disagree with iMac-Japan more, I have heard the itms doesn't actually make a profit on it's own... It's real purpose is to sell iPods, & break even on the sales of songs, or so I'm told...
MacVault
Aug 7, 06:25 AM
I'm hoping that Leopard is more of an increment than the last couple of OS X releases were. I'd still rather use Tiger than any other OS, but Apple really needs to address its UI inconsistencies and usability issues. For example, I think that printing and font management in OS X are much more complicated than they need to be...
In addition to printing and font management, how bout adding to the list networking access. The way one accesses networks in Windows seems much more straight forward, consistent, clean and intuitive in Windows XP than it does in OS X. That's my oppinion anyway. Maybe that's just me. Anyone else agree???
In addition to printing and font management, how bout adding to the list networking access. The way one accesses networks in Windows seems much more straight forward, consistent, clean and intuitive in Windows XP than it does in OS X. That's my oppinion anyway. Maybe that's just me. Anyone else agree???

cooljoe349
Jan 24, 09:57 AM
Is that the 2011 or 2010? How is it treating you so far? Looks amazing.
2010 and it's amazing. No problems at all.
2010 and it's amazing. No problems at all.

ChazUK
Apr 19, 11:02 AM
I think I'm well overdue an update to my old iMac. It'll be good to see another refresh.
Digital Dude
Mar 24, 02:03 PM
Ok, the sorta-kinda support of the cards listed means what? I have a 2009 MP but I'm not sure anyone knows the power supply rating. Likewise, this whole 'hakintosh' vernacular is confusing and suggest the cards are not really plug n' play out of the box.
musicpyrite
Apr 4, 05:18 PM
Never!!! Fight the Man!!!
Long live Apple and its 5% market share.
Long live Apple and its 5% market share.
hansolo669
Feb 20, 10:28 PM
It is time to drink the intel Kool-aid my friend
now not to start a ppc vs intel flame war. but if it serves his purposes just fine why would he switch? for example my MDD works amazingly well and if it had a better graphics card it would be my main machine; why? because when you run software that is optimized for ppc (and most pro apps still are) they are blazing fast. as far as i can recall i could run fcp at a speed that rivaled my 13 mbp (before its gfx card died). anyway don't take this personally :P just pointing out a fact.
(if this starts a flame war i will seriously smack myself XD :p)
now not to start a ppc vs intel flame war. but if it serves his purposes just fine why would he switch? for example my MDD works amazingly well and if it had a better graphics card it would be my main machine; why? because when you run software that is optimized for ppc (and most pro apps still are) they are blazing fast. as far as i can recall i could run fcp at a speed that rivaled my 13 mbp (before its gfx card died). anyway don't take this personally :P just pointing out a fact.
(if this starts a flame war i will seriously smack myself XD :p)
.jpg)
iSamurai
Apr 12, 10:21 PM
hmm... I've just edited a video for a uni project in After Effects... and having done another video in FCP before I thought these two programmes had similar interfaces though AE was much better though I do like FCP's automatic snapping when dragging video clips around.
As for this preview for the new FCPX, quite a few features I thought were great (especially audio clean up), but not so sure on the layout (similarity to iMovie) and compared to AE all the buttons and knobs are clearly allocated... But yeah I'm keen to give it a try.
As for this preview for the new FCPX, quite a few features I thought were great (especially audio clean up), but not so sure on the layout (similarity to iMovie) and compared to AE all the buttons and knobs are clearly allocated... But yeah I'm keen to give it a try.
*LTD*
Mar 25, 07:54 PM
So true.. I love all the bedroom coding and indie published stuff on iOS but to the big names in the industry iOS still just seems like a curiosity.. The prolonged trying to figure it all out / experimental phase is getting a little frustrating, though totally understandable. I wonder how long it'll be before we start getting more in the way of original content from the big IP holders. Original content that serves as a full game rather than a tech demo or proof of concept. They really should be savvy to the limitations of the devices by now.
There are very good, high-quality full games on the App Store. Are you under the impression that the "big titles" are all previews and proofs-of-concept?
We're moving way past the experimental phase. You need to sample some of the heavier-hitting titles.
There are very good, high-quality full games on the App Store. Are you under the impression that the "big titles" are all previews and proofs-of-concept?
We're moving way past the experimental phase. You need to sample some of the heavier-hitting titles.
DELLsFan
Sep 29, 06:08 PM
Right, and what Apple has proposed doing is very reasonable. They have a product that works well for the majority of users. It's the highest-rated phone CR tested. For a few people, there is an issue. All summer long Apple has allowed everyone, those with the issue and all of those with no problems, to have a free case. Now they are saying you've had plenty of time to get your free case, now we will just give it to those who, you know, actually need one. Just let us know, and you get the bumper free. How on earth is that hard?
Meanwhile they are going to alter the design of the phone so that even this issue will go away for future models.
What does CR want? A total recall? For what? Most people have no issue, there is no danger, the few people who have the issue get a free solution, what would be the point of doing it any other way?
Auto manufacturers publicize the issue, make a solution possible, but it's up to the car's owner to approach the dealership to get that free solution. CR sez this is a good thing.
Apple publicizes the issue, makes a solution possible, but it's up to the phone's owner to approach Apple to get that free solution. CR sez this is unacceptable.
All other phone manufacturers get ignored.
Hypocrisy.
Maybe ...
For me, the way Apple handled this issue from the VERY beginning was disappointing. The reception issue was laughed away, ignored, then addressed as something else (the software "fix" for signal strength). Eventually, they reported this was a problem ALL phones experience, then they acquiesced the specific problem with the iPhone 4 and ONLY then offered the free bumpers.
I don't care if 1% or less of consumers experience the problem ... a problem exists ... was not corrected by a software fix ... and is still not officially corrected ... just worked around. Consumer Reports was absolutely right about the problem and is well within their right to recommend or not recommend the product. Now how DARE they show the not-so-shiny side of an Apple product ?!? Give me a break.
No sign of any white iPhones, no official word on whether the post-September 30 batches of iPhone 4's will have that insulator installed inside to make death gripping the phone moot, and no warm fuzzy on the software fix pushed to address the 3G performance issues ...
Yeah ... there are still some people waiting to see when Apple will pull their heads out of their :apple:'s before re-upping with AT&T for the new precious. They keep dragging their feet, my current contract will fulfill and I can jump back to Verizon next year. :p
Meanwhile they are going to alter the design of the phone so that even this issue will go away for future models.
What does CR want? A total recall? For what? Most people have no issue, there is no danger, the few people who have the issue get a free solution, what would be the point of doing it any other way?
Auto manufacturers publicize the issue, make a solution possible, but it's up to the car's owner to approach the dealership to get that free solution. CR sez this is a good thing.
Apple publicizes the issue, makes a solution possible, but it's up to the phone's owner to approach Apple to get that free solution. CR sez this is unacceptable.
All other phone manufacturers get ignored.
Hypocrisy.
Maybe ...
For me, the way Apple handled this issue from the VERY beginning was disappointing. The reception issue was laughed away, ignored, then addressed as something else (the software "fix" for signal strength). Eventually, they reported this was a problem ALL phones experience, then they acquiesced the specific problem with the iPhone 4 and ONLY then offered the free bumpers.
I don't care if 1% or less of consumers experience the problem ... a problem exists ... was not corrected by a software fix ... and is still not officially corrected ... just worked around. Consumer Reports was absolutely right about the problem and is well within their right to recommend or not recommend the product. Now how DARE they show the not-so-shiny side of an Apple product ?!? Give me a break.
No sign of any white iPhones, no official word on whether the post-September 30 batches of iPhone 4's will have that insulator installed inside to make death gripping the phone moot, and no warm fuzzy on the software fix pushed to address the 3G performance issues ...
Yeah ... there are still some people waiting to see when Apple will pull their heads out of their :apple:'s before re-upping with AT&T for the new precious. They keep dragging their feet, my current contract will fulfill and I can jump back to Verizon next year. :p
Farns514
Jan 11, 07:00 PM
I love these cars, i looked at the SRT8 model with the Hemi but UK + V8 = Bankrupt lol
Matt
The Chrysler 300C SRT is a fantastic car, i think it was the summer before I headed into freshman year of college, when my buddy and i took his SRT to his lake-house. We got up to 167mph in his car on back roads, craziest/scariest/most fun experience ever. He traded that 300 in about a year ago for the Jeep SRT and man is that thing fun to drive....... Wish i could afford an SRT.:D
Matt
The Chrysler 300C SRT is a fantastic car, i think it was the summer before I headed into freshman year of college, when my buddy and i took his SRT to his lake-house. We got up to 167mph in his car on back roads, craziest/scariest/most fun experience ever. He traded that 300 in about a year ago for the Jeep SRT and man is that thing fun to drive....... Wish i could afford an SRT.:D

ONH
Jun 24, 12:36 PM
I dont estimate OS XI or 11 in the next few years.
If the iOS is integratet like a second workspace in linux, then I think its good opton, but if its integreated as fast boot system for accesing mail and internet its rubbish (get a iPod touch, if you need iOS for accesing mail and internet).
If the iOS is integratet like a second workspace in linux, then I think its good opton, but if its integreated as fast boot system for accesing mail and internet its rubbish (get a iPod touch, if you need iOS for accesing mail and internet).
PBF
Apr 10, 02:13 AM
WOW!!! iCal looks *********g UGLY... I hope they add an option to use a standard gray toolbar area... That seems so unlike apple to do something like that.
Heh.. What if they give everything that look :). I think I would switch to windows if they did that..
I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike the "new" iCal so much. Clearly, it was adopted by iPad iOS at first and now by Mac OS X Lion. Nothing new here. Nothing unexpected.
I don't remember people disliking/complaining about the iCal look on iPad at all. I tell ya, people complain just for the sake of complaining. What a crowd. :rolleyes:
Heh.. What if they give everything that look :). I think I would switch to windows if they did that..
I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike the "new" iCal so much. Clearly, it was adopted by iPad iOS at first and now by Mac OS X Lion. Nothing new here. Nothing unexpected.
I don't remember people disliking/complaining about the iCal look on iPad at all. I tell ya, people complain just for the sake of complaining. What a crowd. :rolleyes:
longofest
Jul 19, 05:46 PM
not as long as Vista customers will have to wait :D
It never gets old... ;)
It never gets old... ;)
BeefUK
Aug 29, 09:23 AM
Why is everyone so hung up on Merom?
I never expected the mini to go that way this year. Remember, the entire point of the mini is to be LOW COST.
The switch to Intel caused the price of the mini to jump $100. I would much rather see its processor lag behind a little bit if they can get that price back to $499.
Same thing with the Macbook, I'd rather see a $999 Macbook with the current chips than a $1,099 Macbook that keeps up with the Macbook Pro's chips.
Of course, there's nothing saying Apple will lower the prices but IF they do then I would be very happy to see the "old" Intel chips stay in those machines another 6 months. The first core chips are still VERY fast chips, it's the rest of the system (video card) that's holding things up now. I wonder how much extra benefit you'd even get from a Merom chip in a mini.
I agree, if the mac mini is dropped in price but keeps the Core Duo, I think that is a logical step. I think one of the original ideas of the mini was to tempt switchers, who already have a PC, but want to try a mac for cheap. I was nearly tempted last year, but held off for the Intel Update, and then decided I wanted a laptop instead.
However if they keep prices the same, then that seems a strange decision.
I have to say though I hope u are wrong with regard to the Macbooks, i'm hoping for a Core 2 Duo update so I can purchase my first mac. Maybe if they don't i'll just save up some more money and buy and Core 2 Duo MBP when they're released!!
I never expected the mini to go that way this year. Remember, the entire point of the mini is to be LOW COST.
The switch to Intel caused the price of the mini to jump $100. I would much rather see its processor lag behind a little bit if they can get that price back to $499.
Same thing with the Macbook, I'd rather see a $999 Macbook with the current chips than a $1,099 Macbook that keeps up with the Macbook Pro's chips.
Of course, there's nothing saying Apple will lower the prices but IF they do then I would be very happy to see the "old" Intel chips stay in those machines another 6 months. The first core chips are still VERY fast chips, it's the rest of the system (video card) that's holding things up now. I wonder how much extra benefit you'd even get from a Merom chip in a mini.
I agree, if the mac mini is dropped in price but keeps the Core Duo, I think that is a logical step. I think one of the original ideas of the mini was to tempt switchers, who already have a PC, but want to try a mac for cheap. I was nearly tempted last year, but held off for the Intel Update, and then decided I wanted a laptop instead.
However if they keep prices the same, then that seems a strange decision.
I have to say though I hope u are wrong with regard to the Macbooks, i'm hoping for a Core 2 Duo update so I can purchase my first mac. Maybe if they don't i'll just save up some more money and buy and Core 2 Duo MBP when they're released!!
generik
Sep 6, 05:10 PM
Ah, I misunderstood. Well, it shouldn't be a surprise. At some point even the $599 mini will have a chip faster than yours. That's just the way things go.
There's a good reason apple didn't go Core2 on the mini...it would make it too close to the new minitower they'll be announcing soon!
Good thinking! That's the spirit?
There's a good reason apple didn't go Core2 on the mini...it would make it too close to the new minitower they'll be announcing soon!
Good thinking! That's the spirit?
toddybody
Mar 24, 09:54 PM
Yes, it's an issue. Mac Pros don't carry heavy duty PSUs.
Ehhh...you're right that it's no 1200watt corsair. But it supports dual CPUs, crap ton of ram, and 5770x2 or 5870...surely it could support a 6970(from a tdp perspective)
Ehhh...you're right that it's no 1200watt corsair. But it supports dual CPUs, crap ton of ram, and 5770x2 or 5870...surely it could support a 6970(from a tdp perspective)
No comments:
Post a Comment