shawnce
Nov 18, 10:02 AM
Cheapest Two x 1GB sticks kit is $331 from Omni via this Ramseeker.com link (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.omnitechnologies.biz/cgi-bin/catalog/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F714335&rnd=3227630&rrc=N&affl=B&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=APLMP2X1GB667O&cat=applem).
That to me spells crossover time since for only +$3 you only fill two slots instead of 4 for the same 4GB of RAM.
Cheapest Two x 2GB sticks kit is $665 at 18004memory via this Ramseeker kit (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.18004memory.com/ramseeker/default.asp?itemid=502459).
I would recommend that you are 100% sure the RAM you get is thermally certified for the Mac Pro.
That to me spells crossover time since for only +$3 you only fill two slots instead of 4 for the same 4GB of RAM.
Cheapest Two x 2GB sticks kit is $665 at 18004memory via this Ramseeker kit (http://www.ramseeker.com/scripts/counter.php?http://www.18004memory.com/ramseeker/default.asp?itemid=502459).
I would recommend that you are 100% sure the RAM you get is thermally certified for the Mac Pro.
QCassidy352
Nov 29, 02:23 PM
I certainly hope it will have more features! The iTV, based only on currently confirmed features, looks pretty useless to me. So I can stream content from my computer to my TV instead of just watching on my computer... and for that I pay $300? :rolleyes:
I don't think apple would go to market with a product that lame. The final version will have a lot more cool features than that.
I don't think apple would go to market with a product that lame. The final version will have a lot more cool features than that.
nerdo
Apr 13, 05:46 AM
Eeeh?!? I say every tool helps. If I get a tool that can color shot and counter shot differently because it recognizes a face, I say groovy!
Indexing old stuff looking for faces: go for it, the need of the "pro" is whatever it is. All this pretending there is some uniform pro way of working is the most amateurish idea around. There is only the end result, how you get there doesn't matter to the viewer.
... oh damn sucked into another pointless statement hah... yeah FCP renders slow...
No professional would let the software identify their subjects. Features like this do nothing to lighten the workflow of their productions. Only amateurs would allow an algorithms to determine what gets logged as what. Regardless of how the rest of the program turn out, the facial recognition is something only amateurs will use. Professionals have a higher standard of quality, and more complex needs than that.
Indexing old stuff looking for faces: go for it, the need of the "pro" is whatever it is. All this pretending there is some uniform pro way of working is the most amateurish idea around. There is only the end result, how you get there doesn't matter to the viewer.
... oh damn sucked into another pointless statement hah... yeah FCP renders slow...
No professional would let the software identify their subjects. Features like this do nothing to lighten the workflow of their productions. Only amateurs would allow an algorithms to determine what gets logged as what. Regardless of how the rest of the program turn out, the facial recognition is something only amateurs will use. Professionals have a higher standard of quality, and more complex needs than that.
MasonH
Apr 2, 10:48 PM
It is very obvious when someone has no idea what they are talking about, and just making up false information.
I like the iPad... but I don't see any "false information" in his post. At all.
What was false?

Paris Hilton amp; Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez | Find the Latest

Selena Gomez amp; The Scene – Who

Selena Gomez Interview on Zang

justin bieber and selena gomez

Katy Perry at the 2011

Selena Gomez looked lovely!

Selena Gomez amp; The Scene - The
I like the iPad... but I don't see any "false information" in his post. At all.
What was false?

ibook30
Jul 14, 01:10 AM
I'm going to have to give this one a big negative.
The problem with either HD-DVD or Bluray is that neither is a standard in the next generation of DVDs.
.....
This is all Sony's fault.:mad: If they learned anything from the Betamax, they should know that when ever they try to standardize a technology, they fail.
This is way too soon to call.
Too soon to call is right.
I forgot about Sony's history in this field... :eek: they have some challenges,,,, but the way this plays out in the DVD/ Home Entertainment market is a problem....
Unless.... the DVD/ Home Entertainment market continues to converge with the PC market.. (I know I have used the word "market" too much tonight, my apologies) Perhaps the high cost of bluray DVD players will make a 30 inch iMac with bluray more attractive for the elite who want a cool new TV to play fancy DVDs on, and surf the internets while checking email from the couch. (eventually the rest of us will afford this... just a theory). But there is definitely a couple of trends likely to converge here, and soon - in the next three years , I thinks.
The problem with either HD-DVD or Bluray is that neither is a standard in the next generation of DVDs.
.....
This is all Sony's fault.:mad: If they learned anything from the Betamax, they should know that when ever they try to standardize a technology, they fail.
This is way too soon to call.
Too soon to call is right.
I forgot about Sony's history in this field... :eek: they have some challenges,,,, but the way this plays out in the DVD/ Home Entertainment market is a problem....
Unless.... the DVD/ Home Entertainment market continues to converge with the PC market.. (I know I have used the word "market" too much tonight, my apologies) Perhaps the high cost of bluray DVD players will make a 30 inch iMac with bluray more attractive for the elite who want a cool new TV to play fancy DVDs on, and surf the internets while checking email from the couch. (eventually the rest of us will afford this... just a theory). But there is definitely a couple of trends likely to converge here, and soon - in the next three years , I thinks.
paul4339
Apr 27, 01:20 AM
...Thats the exact same thing going on here with App store. Companies trademark "generic" terms all the time. Most trademarks ARE generic. But once it becomes used to associate a brand or product, its no longer generic.
I think that's the point MS was making with it's objection, citing that Eastern Airlines had tried to trademark "Shuttle", and even though people associated Shuttle with Eastern, because the word was used so often, "shuttle" had (or became?) a "de-facto secondary" meaning. The courts ruled against Eastern and all the other airlines (New York airlines shuttle, Delta shuttle, etc) were allowed to use the word. MS then pointed out a list of examples of how 'app store' is used and has now attained a "de-facto secondary' meaning too. (I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out the Microsoft's case)
I think that's the point MS was making with it's objection, citing that Eastern Airlines had tried to trademark "Shuttle", and even though people associated Shuttle with Eastern, because the word was used so often, "shuttle" had (or became?) a "de-facto secondary" meaning. The courts ruled against Eastern and all the other airlines (New York airlines shuttle, Delta shuttle, etc) were allowed to use the word. MS then pointed out a list of examples of how 'app store' is used and has now attained a "de-facto secondary' meaning too. (I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just pointing out the Microsoft's case)
AidenShaw
Nov 29, 08:42 PM
http://news.com.com/Intel+completes+design+of+Penryn+chip/2100-1006_3-6139487.html
Intel has taped out--or completed the design of--Penryn, a 45-nanometer chip that will be out toward the end of next year.
The company is also in the midst of making its first Penryn samples.
"They aren't out of the fab yet, but they are in the fab," said Mark Bohr, director of process technology at Intel, referring to chip factories, known as "fabs."
Intel showed off a memory chip made on the 45-nanometer process earlier this year.
The Penryn news underscores Intel's expertise in manufacturing. The company has introduced new manufacturing processes every two years. Meanwhile, competitors such as Advanced Micro Devices have had to space out these jumps. Intel started shipping chips made on the 65-nanometer process in October 2005. AMD won't ship its first 65-nano chips until next month.
______________________________________________
Disclaimer: The preceding headline exhibits excessive exuberance. In truth,
"No official details concerning the Penryn chip design were announced this time, however, according to previously published news-stories, the chip code-named Penryn is a 45nm incarnation of the dual-core Intel Core 2 Duo processor for mobile computers (code-named Merom) with SSE4 technology..."
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20061127154338.html
But, since Intel has stated that two dual-core dies in a package is the right way to do quad-core at 65nm, which implies that 45 nm is the right way to do quad-core per die, and two quad-cord dies in a package at 45 nm is the right way to do octo-core at 45nm - obviously we'll have a PowerBook G5 next Tuesday.
Intel has taped out--or completed the design of--Penryn, a 45-nanometer chip that will be out toward the end of next year.
The company is also in the midst of making its first Penryn samples.
"They aren't out of the fab yet, but they are in the fab," said Mark Bohr, director of process technology at Intel, referring to chip factories, known as "fabs."
Intel showed off a memory chip made on the 45-nanometer process earlier this year.
The Penryn news underscores Intel's expertise in manufacturing. The company has introduced new manufacturing processes every two years. Meanwhile, competitors such as Advanced Micro Devices have had to space out these jumps. Intel started shipping chips made on the 65-nanometer process in October 2005. AMD won't ship its first 65-nano chips until next month.
______________________________________________
Disclaimer: The preceding headline exhibits excessive exuberance. In truth,
"No official details concerning the Penryn chip design were announced this time, however, according to previously published news-stories, the chip code-named Penryn is a 45nm incarnation of the dual-core Intel Core 2 Duo processor for mobile computers (code-named Merom) with SSE4 technology..."
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20061127154338.html
But, since Intel has stated that two dual-core dies in a package is the right way to do quad-core at 65nm, which implies that 45 nm is the right way to do quad-core per die, and two quad-cord dies in a package at 45 nm is the right way to do octo-core at 45nm - obviously we'll have a PowerBook G5 next Tuesday.
Vegasman
May 2, 05:37 PM
iOS style multitasking features (benefits) are indeed in Lion.
Applications written for Lion can "suspend and resume" without having to "save and close" documents. The reason the little light below running apps on the Dock was removed is that "running" is now more of a decision between the App and OS -- not so much the user. (APP - "Am I idle right now? Can I resume from this point very quickly? If so, I'll just suspend myself till the user or an event wakes me back up. No need to burn RAM or CPU, the user won't even notice I'm not here.)
Uh? Don't our apps and operating systems already do this automatically already?
Applications written for Lion can "suspend and resume" without having to "save and close" documents. The reason the little light below running apps on the Dock was removed is that "running" is now more of a decision between the App and OS -- not so much the user. (APP - "Am I idle right now? Can I resume from this point very quickly? If so, I'll just suspend myself till the user or an event wakes me back up. No need to burn RAM or CPU, the user won't even notice I'm not here.)
Uh? Don't our apps and operating systems already do this automatically already?
islanders
Jan 2, 08:42 AM
Have you guys seen how small the Nano is? It is very simple interface. I could see this being incorporated into a phone and still be very simple interface, small, and useful.
Some people would want an everything device for the subway or those times when your stuck in line, traffic or whatever.
I think a lot of these extra features are more of an added value that don�t compromise the primary function.
Who knows some kind of voice recognition text messaging, do everything device that as small as an iPod.
Is it going to happen? Probably not. But this is fun part, and with Apple anything is possible.
Some people would want an everything device for the subway or those times when your stuck in line, traffic or whatever.
I think a lot of these extra features are more of an added value that don�t compromise the primary function.
Who knows some kind of voice recognition text messaging, do everything device that as small as an iPod.
Is it going to happen? Probably not. But this is fun part, and with Apple anything is possible.
carve
Feb 5, 01:05 PM
Soon to be my first car...2001 Volvo S60 :)
http://www.featuredcars.com/images/full-2001-Volvo-S60_15366_1.jpg
http://www.featuredcars.com/images/full-2001-Volvo-S60_15366_1.jpg
MattSepeta
May 2, 05:42 PM
Another iOS feature implemented in a desktop OS.
Fan-frickin-tastic :(
Fan-frickin-tastic :(
GFLPraxis
Aug 25, 01:55 AM
In addition, Core 2 Duo vs Core Duo performance increase really isn't all that dramatic:
http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2808
Certainly not worth buying one to upgrade your current Yonah machine, assuming that really would be possible without some sort of EFI update.
While Merom isn't much faster than Yonah, Conroe in an iMac would be superb with the faster clock and bus speeds.
Actually, it's quite dramatic. From those benchmarks, Intel's claims are correct; at the SAME CLOCK SPEED, Merom is 20% faster than Yonah, however, Merom comes at a higher clock speed at the same price as Yonah, making the difference even more dramatic. A 2.33 Merom is the price of a 2.16 Yonah.
And it's 64-bit.

his squeeze Selena Gomez

2011 Disney Kids amp; Family

his parents where in the house

justin bieber selena gomez

selena gomez house middot;

February 22, 2011 7:32:00 AM

Selena Gomez doing a Disney
http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2808
Certainly not worth buying one to upgrade your current Yonah machine, assuming that really would be possible without some sort of EFI update.
While Merom isn't much faster than Yonah, Conroe in an iMac would be superb with the faster clock and bus speeds.
Actually, it's quite dramatic. From those benchmarks, Intel's claims are correct; at the SAME CLOCK SPEED, Merom is 20% faster than Yonah, however, Merom comes at a higher clock speed at the same price as Yonah, making the difference even more dramatic. A 2.33 Merom is the price of a 2.16 Yonah.
And it's 64-bit.
elgruga
Sep 7, 01:41 AM
Reasoning goes like this:
Music costs a small amount to make - can be as low as $10k for an album.
Sell a bunch and make some profit.
Movies cost upwards of $50 million to make, often $100mil or more, so you got to rent them and sell them and do whatever you can to get that cash back.
And its got to go out the door at $25 if you are buying.
Thing is, if Apple want me to buy a movie for $15, I can rent it for $5 at the store.....and copy it if I want.
Yeah, I know thats against the law but a LOT of people do it, and anyway, if you d/l from Apple, where are you going to keep them all?
250 gig drive will hold about 30 movies. Thats not a lot of movies, and most people dont have 250 drives yet.....
Music costs a small amount to make - can be as low as $10k for an album.
Sell a bunch and make some profit.
Movies cost upwards of $50 million to make, often $100mil or more, so you got to rent them and sell them and do whatever you can to get that cash back.
And its got to go out the door at $25 if you are buying.
Thing is, if Apple want me to buy a movie for $15, I can rent it for $5 at the store.....and copy it if I want.
Yeah, I know thats against the law but a LOT of people do it, and anyway, if you d/l from Apple, where are you going to keep them all?
250 gig drive will hold about 30 movies. Thats not a lot of movies, and most people dont have 250 drives yet.....

Hellhammer
Apr 21, 03:50 PM
I'd welcome HellHammer's thoughts on this as he generally has a well informed perspective on these things.
I have made my predictions and I still stand behind them. I don't really follow this thread though so if someone has me a question, you may be better off PMing me.
1199$ 21.5" iMac
Intel Core i3-2100 (3.1GHz)
AMD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
500GB HD
2x2GB RAM; option for 4x2GB
1499$ 21.5" iMac
Intel Core i5-2400S (2.5/3.3GHz); option for Core i5-2500S (2.7/3.7GHz)
AMD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5
1TB HD; option for 2TB
2x2GB RAM: option for 4x2GB
1699$ 27" iMac
Intel Core i5-2400 (3.1/3.4GHz)
AMD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5; option for AMD 6950M with 1024MB GDDR5
1TB HD; option for 2TB
2x2GB RAM; options for 4x2GB, 2x4GB and 4x4GB
1999$ 27" iMac
Intel Core i7-2600 (3.4/3.8GHz)
AMD 6950M with 1024MB GDDR5
1TB HD; option for 2TB
2x4GB RAM; option for 4x4GB
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11688279&postcount=26
I'm sure it's been done to death, but I spent some time actually thinking about realistic-ish speculations of what the new line could look like. I think they're going to get rid of one SKU ( the step up 27" without the quad i7), because it's kind of redundant, and for the $100 price difference, I can't imagine anyone NOT spending the extra modey to get the quad core). The only spec that is more of a wishful thinking piece is the inclusion of the HD6800M 1GB card in the 27" quad i7. THAT would be a beast!
Common Upgrades
1. Thunderbolt port
2. HDMI out
3. Sandybridge
Now, here's the model breakdown:
21.5" (1920x1080) display
3.2 GHz i3 processor
4 GB RAM
500 GB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 4870 (256MB)
HDMI out
$1199.99
21.5" (1920x1080) display
3.5 GHz i3 processor
8 GB RAM
1 TB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 4870 (256MB)
HDMI out
$1499.99
27" (2560x1440) display
2.8 GHz i5 processor
4 GB RAM
1 TB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 5870 (512MB)
HDMI out
$1699.99
27" (2560x1440) display
3.2 GHz quad i7 processor
8 GB RAM
2 TB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 6970 (1 GB)
HDMI out
$1999.99
ATI 4870M has TDP of 65W, there is no way it is going to fit in 21.5". Also, it makes absolutely no sense to use three different generations as that, if something, would confuse consumers a big time. The only possibility I see is that the low-end gets ATI 5670 (aka 5730M) like Apple did in previous update. Other models will very likely feature AMD 6000M-series graphics.
I also doubt that Apple will use i3 in other than the low-end iMac. All MBPs have i5 or better, even the 1199$ one. Using i3 in 1499$ iMac sounds stupid because in the end, the consumer thinks that i5 is better because 5 is greater than 3, even though that doesn't really mean that when comparing desktop and mobile CPUs. Moreover, there is no 3.5GHz i3 either.
HDMI doesn't sound too likely, seeing that only Mac Mini has it. Thunderbolt or mDP can provide the same functionality and much more.
I have made my predictions and I still stand behind them. I don't really follow this thread though so if someone has me a question, you may be better off PMing me.
1199$ 21.5" iMac
Intel Core i3-2100 (3.1GHz)
AMD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5
500GB HD
2x2GB RAM; option for 4x2GB
1499$ 21.5" iMac
Intel Core i5-2400S (2.5/3.3GHz); option for Core i5-2500S (2.7/3.7GHz)
AMD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5
1TB HD; option for 2TB
2x2GB RAM: option for 4x2GB
1699$ 27" iMac
Intel Core i5-2400 (3.1/3.4GHz)
AMD 6750M with 512MB GDDR5; option for AMD 6950M with 1024MB GDDR5
1TB HD; option for 2TB
2x2GB RAM; options for 4x2GB, 2x4GB and 4x4GB
1999$ 27" iMac
Intel Core i7-2600 (3.4/3.8GHz)
AMD 6950M with 1024MB GDDR5
1TB HD; option for 2TB
2x4GB RAM; option for 4x4GB
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11688279&postcount=26
I'm sure it's been done to death, but I spent some time actually thinking about realistic-ish speculations of what the new line could look like. I think they're going to get rid of one SKU ( the step up 27" without the quad i7), because it's kind of redundant, and for the $100 price difference, I can't imagine anyone NOT spending the extra modey to get the quad core). The only spec that is more of a wishful thinking piece is the inclusion of the HD6800M 1GB card in the 27" quad i7. THAT would be a beast!
Common Upgrades
1. Thunderbolt port
2. HDMI out
3. Sandybridge
Now, here's the model breakdown:
21.5" (1920x1080) display
3.2 GHz i3 processor
4 GB RAM
500 GB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 4870 (256MB)
HDMI out
$1199.99
21.5" (1920x1080) display
3.5 GHz i3 processor
8 GB RAM
1 TB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 4870 (256MB)
HDMI out
$1499.99
27" (2560x1440) display
2.8 GHz i5 processor
4 GB RAM
1 TB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 5870 (512MB)
HDMI out
$1699.99
27" (2560x1440) display
3.2 GHz quad i7 processor
8 GB RAM
2 TB HD
Thunderbolt
ATI Radeon HD 6970 (1 GB)
HDMI out
$1999.99
ATI 4870M has TDP of 65W, there is no way it is going to fit in 21.5". Also, it makes absolutely no sense to use three different generations as that, if something, would confuse consumers a big time. The only possibility I see is that the low-end gets ATI 5670 (aka 5730M) like Apple did in previous update. Other models will very likely feature AMD 6000M-series graphics.
I also doubt that Apple will use i3 in other than the low-end iMac. All MBPs have i5 or better, even the 1199$ one. Using i3 in 1499$ iMac sounds stupid because in the end, the consumer thinks that i5 is better because 5 is greater than 3, even though that doesn't really mean that when comparing desktop and mobile CPUs. Moreover, there is no 3.5GHz i3 either.
HDMI doesn't sound too likely, seeing that only Mac Mini has it. Thunderbolt or mDP can provide the same functionality and much more.
kadajawi
Sep 7, 04:31 AM
Reasoning goes like this:
Music costs a small amount to make - can be as low as $10k for an album.
Sell a bunch and make some profit.
Movies cost upwards of $50 million to make, often $100mil or more, so you got to rent them and sell them and do whatever you can to get that cash back.
And its got to go out the door at $25 if you are buying.
Thing is, if Apple want me to buy a movie for $15, I can rent it for $5 at the store.....and copy it if I want.
Yeah, I know thats against the law but a LOT of people do it, and anyway, if you d/l from Apple, where are you going to keep them all?
250 gig drive will hold about 30 movies. Thats not a lot of movies, and most people dont have 250 drives yet.....
Upwards of $50 million? Yeah, the crappy ones do. Usually though I prefer low budget movies... Donnie Darko was made for maybe 4 million for example. Mulholland Drive: 15 million. Machuca: 1.5 million. 12 Angry Men: $340.000 (ok, that's an old movie, but I doubt it would cost much more when it was made today). American Beauty: 1.5 million. 2046: 12 million. Muxm�uschenstill: 40000 � (absolutely fantastic movie). Why do the actors earn so much money when there are tons of good, unknown actors who could do the job better? Why so many special effects? And even if you use so many... Sin City was 40 million, Renaissance 14 million �, A Scanner Darkly 8.5 millions. These movies shure took quite a lot of efford... why are they so cheap? Somethings going wrong in Hollywood. Too many bad movies done for too much money made only to earn money.
Anyway, buying DVD isn't too expensive too, the Criterion Collection is unfortunately expensive as hell, and you'll have to import them here, but there are quite a few good movies for a low price. Donnie Darko e.g. sells for a low price (around 10 � for the tin box 2 disc version), Mulholland Drive 10 �, some Kubricks 10 � or less, ... the Arthaus label is very expensive unfortunately... they seem to be some sort of German Criterion, without packing in so many specials.
Apple would have to compete with these prices, and that doesn't mean same price, but lower, much lower. I mean what looks better? A nice, big DVD collection, or, well... nothing...?
Music costs a small amount to make - can be as low as $10k for an album.
Sell a bunch and make some profit.
Movies cost upwards of $50 million to make, often $100mil or more, so you got to rent them and sell them and do whatever you can to get that cash back.
And its got to go out the door at $25 if you are buying.
Thing is, if Apple want me to buy a movie for $15, I can rent it for $5 at the store.....and copy it if I want.
Yeah, I know thats against the law but a LOT of people do it, and anyway, if you d/l from Apple, where are you going to keep them all?
250 gig drive will hold about 30 movies. Thats not a lot of movies, and most people dont have 250 drives yet.....
Upwards of $50 million? Yeah, the crappy ones do. Usually though I prefer low budget movies... Donnie Darko was made for maybe 4 million for example. Mulholland Drive: 15 million. Machuca: 1.5 million. 12 Angry Men: $340.000 (ok, that's an old movie, but I doubt it would cost much more when it was made today). American Beauty: 1.5 million. 2046: 12 million. Muxm�uschenstill: 40000 � (absolutely fantastic movie). Why do the actors earn so much money when there are tons of good, unknown actors who could do the job better? Why so many special effects? And even if you use so many... Sin City was 40 million, Renaissance 14 million �, A Scanner Darkly 8.5 millions. These movies shure took quite a lot of efford... why are they so cheap? Somethings going wrong in Hollywood. Too many bad movies done for too much money made only to earn money.
Anyway, buying DVD isn't too expensive too, the Criterion Collection is unfortunately expensive as hell, and you'll have to import them here, but there are quite a few good movies for a low price. Donnie Darko e.g. sells for a low price (around 10 � for the tin box 2 disc version), Mulholland Drive 10 �, some Kubricks 10 � or less, ... the Arthaus label is very expensive unfortunately... they seem to be some sort of German Criterion, without packing in so many specials.
Apple would have to compete with these prices, and that doesn't mean same price, but lower, much lower. I mean what looks better? A nice, big DVD collection, or, well... nothing...?
poppe
Jul 14, 11:33 AM
UMM... of course you should base desicions on the potential of a system, of course within a timeframe. I mean the potential of my Powerbook isn't nearly as great as a MacBook Pro, so that why I wouldn't buy a Powerbook right now ;) . Its not based on cost, cause I can get a powerbook at much less, but just the fact that while the MacBook is only faster for universal apps, so really its mostly slower due to rosetta, and it has no other upgrades..... well there seems to be little advantage to pick it .... OHH WAIT it has the potential to be much faster in the future.... I forgot about that...
Right. If he is going to base a decision on potential and storage then Blue Ray and HD-DVD is not really the way to go... I find it funny everyone here is oozing for Blue Ray yet Holographic has more potential...
Right. If he is going to base a decision on potential and storage then Blue Ray and HD-DVD is not really the way to go... I find it funny everyone here is oozing for Blue Ray yet Holographic has more potential...
Cagle
Mar 25, 05:05 PM
Most of the naysayers believe that tilting and touch-screen gaming is for sissies.
naysayers are probably more concerned with the fact that you can't look at the tv screen while fumbling for the touch controls on the ipad; physical buttons enable the player to just feel for the controls, without having to look down and miss the action on tv. the only games that would work for this are racing games, where you just tilt the ipad.
what a world of difference some buttons would make <sigh>
naysayers are probably more concerned with the fact that you can't look at the tv screen while fumbling for the touch controls on the ipad; physical buttons enable the player to just feel for the controls, without having to look down and miss the action on tv. the only games that would work for this are racing games, where you just tilt the ipad.
what a world of difference some buttons would make <sigh>
Zelnaga
Feb 18, 03:20 PM
No major additions, just an iPad, TrackPad and a canvas of SJ (yes am a fanboi lol)
Apologies images taken using iPhone in low light
<SNIP>
Sweet. What stand do you have for your iPad?
Apologies images taken using iPhone in low light
<SNIP>
Sweet. What stand do you have for your iPad?
weespeed
Apr 26, 07:57 PM
Not "debunked." More like "skirted."
Nonsense. I dare you to develop and release a word processing application for Windows called "Mattie Num Nums Word" and see how long it takes before Ballmer is on the phone with you.
Google Word? Apple Word? These would never fly and you know it. Your argument holds no water.
It's already been done.
OpenOffice
Nonsense. I dare you to develop and release a word processing application for Windows called "Mattie Num Nums Word" and see how long it takes before Ballmer is on the phone with you.
Google Word? Apple Word? These would never fly and you know it. Your argument holds no water.
It's already been done.
OpenOffice
swingerofbirch
Nov 29, 08:53 PM
Obviously it's going to have a Blu-Ray drive and go head to head with the PS3.
Apple may even include some games like Bejeweled that you can play with the remote.
Everyone is fighting over the living room now. You can bet your bottom dollar, that Apple, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are going to be knocking on your door for the next few years. If you let them in, are they going to run for the bathroom or kitchen? Not likely. They are going to be running for the living room. And they are going to be coming with cameras. They are going to want to stay for a long time. They'll want cash up front and then monthly allowances.
Who does that leave out? The one conglomerate that's never made a piece of hardware: Google. So where will Google look for help in integrating their software in living room hardware? Duh! Apple! But Apple better watch out, as soon as Google gets in the living room through Apple they'll open their services up to all hardware manufacturers and leave Apple in the dust. I just hope Apple has considered that likely possibility. Apple's like the Trojan horse which is carrying Google. We all know what happened to the soldiers inside the horse--they went and killed people. But we never hear about what happened to the actual horse. And that actual horse is Apple. Let's just hope they're full of something more than Google, or even worse just full of s_it.
Apple may even include some games like Bejeweled that you can play with the remote.
Everyone is fighting over the living room now. You can bet your bottom dollar, that Apple, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are going to be knocking on your door for the next few years. If you let them in, are they going to run for the bathroom or kitchen? Not likely. They are going to be running for the living room. And they are going to be coming with cameras. They are going to want to stay for a long time. They'll want cash up front and then monthly allowances.
Who does that leave out? The one conglomerate that's never made a piece of hardware: Google. So where will Google look for help in integrating their software in living room hardware? Duh! Apple! But Apple better watch out, as soon as Google gets in the living room through Apple they'll open their services up to all hardware manufacturers and leave Apple in the dust. I just hope Apple has considered that likely possibility. Apple's like the Trojan horse which is carrying Google. We all know what happened to the soldiers inside the horse--they went and killed people. But we never hear about what happened to the actual horse. And that actual horse is Apple. Let's just hope they're full of something more than Google, or even worse just full of s_it.
paulyras
Jan 11, 09:29 PM
First time I've seen USB called complicated :).
Ever used Windows 98? :D
Ever used Windows 98? :D
Greebazoid
Aug 25, 09:05 AM
I havent yet found a situation where the 1.66 Yonah in my mini is the problem. granted, I dont use photoshop and I have the full whack of 2GB RAM - my beef with the mini is when I boot into 'doze and wanna play games - that GMA950 just cant cut the mustard.
So what would make me rush out and buy a new mini (and put this one under the TV) would be a faster graphics processor.
Cant see that happening any time soon tho.
and whats with all the Prius cars? sheeeeshh.
;-)
So what would make me rush out and buy a new mini (and put this one under the TV) would be a faster graphics processor.
Cant see that happening any time soon tho.
and whats with all the Prius cars? sheeeeshh.
;-)
Cat-toy
Sep 14, 10:45 PM
The BB I got my Griffin case from also had a couple other griffin gloss ones of hard plastic in bright blue, black - although it was more smoke/gray, and I forget, one other color. You can check stock on bestbuy.com search for ipod 4th and it'll come up with a few cases and etc for it. then do check store inventory. good luck!
Thanks!
Says it's available, but from working in retail in the past in a store with online checking of stock I know that what is listed as "available" is not always accurate. But I will walk over there tomorrow and check it out, not far to go anyhow. :)
Thanks!
Says it's available, but from working in retail in the past in a store with online checking of stock I know that what is listed as "available" is not always accurate. But I will walk over there tomorrow and check it out, not far to go anyhow. :)
dalvin200
Sep 7, 10:24 AM
Do you think that there may be some REALLY BIG new technological/hardware gizmo being intro'd? Something that makes the movie store just a minor part of a larger picture.
I think the 5G iPod with "video capabilities"" was just a test to see how the public took it. And adding TV shows to the US store in iTunes may proved a success depending on the stats they have.
They've had time to seriously think and come up with a product(s) and interface(s) and they are fully aware of all theeir competition and what other products & interfaces exist too.
So in answer to your question, YES :-) I think this will be something revolutionary just as when the 1st iPod was announced.
I've got faith, although we will have to wait and see.
I think the 5G iPod with "video capabilities"" was just a test to see how the public took it. And adding TV shows to the US store in iTunes may proved a success depending on the stats they have.
They've had time to seriously think and come up with a product(s) and interface(s) and they are fully aware of all theeir competition and what other products & interfaces exist too.
So in answer to your question, YES :-) I think this will be something revolutionary just as when the 1st iPod was announced.
I've got faith, although we will have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment