Monday, December 1, 2008

Britney Spears "Devastated" by Justin Timberlake Split

In Britney Spears' MTV documentary (which aired Sunday), Britney: For the Record, the pop singer revealed her feelings on her 2002 split from Justin Timberlake.

"With Justin, he was part of the magnitude of what I had become," Spears said. "So when he was gone I was like, 'what am I supposed to do with myself?'"

Added Spears: "[Timberlake] started to do an album for himself and he started to do things for himself, and I just never saw him anymore. When it ended, I felt so alone. I didn't really wanna think about the reality of it. I never faced it... I just ran."

Spears said she was "devastated" by that breakup, but she handled it better than her divorce from Kevin Federline.

See photos of Britney Spears performing over the years.

After their 2006 split, Spears said she didn't know what to do with herself.

Britney Spears




"I built my dream home in Malibu, a huge house and the pool and the huge yard for the kids, and I did everything for them," she said.

Watch video of Spears confessing that she married Federline for all the wrong reasons.

Madonna, who had Spears join her during a performance on her Sticky and Sweet tour, also appeared in the documentary. She admitted that she identifies with Spears.

"There's a certain fragility about her and vulnerability about her that makes me feel maternal towards her," Madonna said. "There are aspects about her that I recognize in myself when I first started out in my career. I also admire her talent as an artist."

Britney Spears





Aside from Timberlake, Federline and Madonna, Spears opened up about her family.

"At this point I have two precious jewels, my two boys... and my job," Britney said of her sons Sean Preston, 3, and Jayden James, 2. "Those two things have kept me going really strong for the past three years."

She admits that because of the roller coaster of divorce and her psychiatric hospital stays, she's now more careful about whom she lets into her life.

"It was just a really, a really bad time in my life," the singer said. "And it's crazy."

Take a look at Britney's baby photo.
Britney Spears




Spears turns 27 on Dec. 2, the same day her sixth studio album, Circus, hits stores. She performed her hit, "Womanizer," in England and Germany over Thanksgiving weekend.
Next Story Brad Pitt: The Best Meal Angelina Jolie Has Cooked for Me Is Cereal
4 Free Issues Click Here
Britney Spears


No comments:

Post a Comment